Problem with Bluetooth after installing tomtom7

Search This thread

RMU

Aug 28, 2008
EDIT.: Pardon the perhaps n00b question, but i get an error while trying to run the .exe. is it meant for running on the phone or on the pc? i use winxp :)

Then you have *kuch*downloaded*kuch* our buyed the wrong version i guess... mine is for Windows Mobile, so the installation goes by a cab file, you copy the cab file to the device and then you click on it and it installs.

but check with the program above of the bluetooth files are in it, you must remove them because otherwise you are getting the same problems i guess.

Corell

Nov 3, 2007
i grabbed the .exe from the site u linked - so i gotta install it via active sync from the pc... please confirm :p

RMU

Aug 28, 2008
i grabbed the .exe from the site u linked - so i gotta install it via active sync from the pc... please confirm :p

ahhh.. sorry misunderstand:rolleyes:... you must install that software on your PC (NOT with activesync, it's just a windows PC program) and edit the cab file, save it, en copy the saved cabfile to your phone ;)

Termiter

Aug 22, 2006
I installed TT7_915.9196_VGA__Negro.cab in my old Raphael to SD card.
Then I put SD card to my new Rhodium and run TomTom Navigator.exe. It works. :c)

purple8

Dec 31, 2007
im trying to use that same cab, runs fine. but the map i purchased cant be installed from tt home any help.....

Noppe

Feb 2, 2007
Would somebody be so kind to upload the two .dll's that get corrupted after tt7 installation? it would save me some time doing a hard reset, install all software and apply tweaks again... would this solve the problem, or is a hard reset the only way?

Anyway, i believe these are the problem:
BtCoreIf.dll
BtSdkCE30.dll

I don't know about this one:
ttn6bt2003.dll

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

pim_holland

Aug 16, 2007
Pro2 Tomtom7 bluetooth error

Hi,

Found this on a HP forum. Works on my pro2 and saves me a hard reset!
---

I had the same problem after Installing TOMTOM 7. Everything was working ok when I was working on TOMTOM 6. After installing tomtom 7 and reset I start getting the BTTrayCE.exe failed because of memory. Not only that but I also lost the sound. I mean all the sound, cannot play MP3 ringtone don't work, and MS voice also fail to start.

I spend to days and googled a lot until I found the problem and fixed it. Here you go:

TOMTOM places a new BT dlls under the windows folder that I had to remove:

\Windows\BtSdkCE30.dll
\Windows\BtCoreIf.dll

You can either ename them or remove them and then soft restart your IPAQ and everything will go back to normal.

chiraag

Nov 17, 2008
Sydney
Solution for TOMTOM bluethooth error touch pro2

\Windows\BtSdkCE30.dll
\Windows\BtCoreIf.dll

I CAN CONFIRM THAT AFTER rename-ing these files,

TomTom 7_910.9185.cab
works just fine and there is no error in the boot up process any longer..
thanks for you help guys..

sherwindjan

Aug 28, 2007
I can confirm as well

I can confirm as well:
TomTom 7.915.9196 works after renaming the two files in the /windows directory.

thanks pim_holland! :)

stuartforrest

Feb 20, 2007
This fixed my problem. Couldnt delete the old files but copied the replacements over the top and that sorted it. My version of Tom Tom wont work stil but it is 7.5 I think.

sandyfsx

Dec 13, 2007
I have the same problem but i dont seem to be able to replace or delete the files. I'm using total commander but it tells me the files cant be renamed or deleted?? Anyone know whats wrong?

Choop

Jan 25, 2008
Hi,

Found this on a HP forum. Works on my pro2 and saves me a hard reset!
---

I had the same problem after Installing TOMTOM 7. Everything was working ok when I was working on TOMTOM 6. After installing tomtom 7 and reset I start getting the BTTrayCE.exe failed because of memory. Not only that but I also lost the sound. I mean all the sound, cannot play MP3 ringtone don't work, and MS voice also fail to start.

I spend to days and googled a lot until I found the problem and fixed it. Here you go:

TOMTOM places a new BT dlls under the windows folder that I had to remove:

\Windows\BtSdkCE30.dll
\Windows\BtCoreIf.dll

You can either ename them or remove them and then soft restart your IPAQ and everything will go back to normal.

Thanx man a lot ... BT works again on my brand new pro 2.
Nice device ... much cooler than my tytn II
greets