Kernels. How to??

Search This thread

nopotential

Apr 3, 2008
Chandler
Hi there! Willing to pay for services.
Im running T-Mobile GS4 on Pacman 4.4.2 with the latest cm11 nightly build and nb4 baseband.
I want to overclock, and learn the other benefits from using a custom kernel. My current kernel is of course custom. Its a cm nightly flashed with the ROM. But I want more features. At least to overclock.

Will someone suggest a kernel, or a direction within the forums? Thank you

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Free mobile app

nopotential

Apr 3, 2008
Chandler
If I nandroid backup my current settings, will it restore the current cm kernel if I restore the backup?

Skipjacks

Nov 1, 2011
Baltimore
If I nandroid backup my current settings, will it restore the current cm kernel if I restore the backup?

Yes, but you won't be able to just restore the kernel from the nandroid. You will have to restore the entire nandroid backup.

Conversely if you ever want to revert to the CM stock kernel without restorign your whole backup, just reflash the same version of the ROM you already have. It will restore the stock CM kernel and change nothing else.

Reactions: PanchoPlanet

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Yes, but you won't be able to just restore the kernel from the nandroid. You will have to restore the entire nandroid backup.

Conversely if you ever want to revert to the CM stock kernel without restorign your whole backup, just reflash the same version of the ROM you already have. It will restore the stock CM kernel and change nothing else.