[Q] Nexus 4 Bricked / going in bootloop

Search This thread

siddhu2411

May 15, 2012
Hey Guys,

I am facing a very strange issue with my N4. On Friday Night, I kept my phone for charging overnight and it was working as usual. on Saturday morning, I noticed that the phone was unresponsive and was showing a blinking red light. Tried to charge via various means but it was of no use. Finally went to a LG service centre were they could revive the phone but it was stuck in a bootloop. He suggested me that he will downgrade from KK 4.4.2 to JB 4.3 but still the phone was stuck in bootloop.

LG guy said that he doesn't have answer why this is happening. He said change the motherboard that will fix it. That is a very costly option which I cannot take. and he mentioned that there are tools online which will help it work but as an authorized service centre place he can't do it.

So here's what I did after reading several blogs, videos and but got stuck in the same place.
1. Booted in Bootloader mode, flashed stock JB 4.3 using Wugfresh Nexus Toolkit selecting the option Softbrick / Phone in bootloop.- Result : Stuck at Bootloop.
2. Flashed CWM Touch via fastboot, Went to the CWM recovery, Cleared the dalvik cache, Data, User data, Cache, Reflashed a Stock JB 4.3 - Result : Stuck at Bootloop.
3. Flashed KK 4.4.2 , again using the Wugfresh Nexus Toolkit - Result : Stuck at Bootloop.

I tried searching google for bootloops due to motherboard issues just to be clear from my side. The solution what LG guy gave sounded like I have no idea, lets replace the entire thing. Which i am pretty sure is not the correct method.

What my phone can do at this moment is:
1. boot into bootloader.
2. Communicate with the PC using Fastboot.

I know Nexus 4 is a developer phone and easy to recover from brick status due to its intended purpose. Please advise what else can I do to revive my Nexus 4 and let me know in case I haven't done any thing which can restore this thing back to normal.

Thanks and Cheers,
Sid

Last edited:

abaaaabbbb63

Nov 19, 2011
Somewhere Over The Rainbow
Hey Guys,

I am facing a very strange issue with my N4. On Friday Night, I kept my phone for charging overnight and it was working as usual. on Saturday morning, I noticed that the phone was unresponsive and was showing a blinking red light. Tried to charge via various means but it was of no use. Finally went to a LG service centre were they could revive the phone but it was stuck in a bootloop. He suggested me that he will downgrade from KK 4.4.2 to JB 4.3 but still the phone was stuck in bootloop.

LG guy said that he doesn't have answer why this is happening. He said change the motherboard that will fix it. That is a very costly option which I cannot take. and he mentioned that there are tools online which will help it work but as an authorized service centre place he can't do it.

So here's what I did after reading several blogs, videos and but got stuck in the same place.
1. Booted in Bootloader mode, flashed stock JB 4.3 using Wugfresh Nexus Toolkit selecting the option Softbrick / Phone in bootloop.- Result : Stuck at Bootloop.
2. Flashed CWM Touch via fastboot, Went to the CWM recovery, Cleared the dalvik cache, Data, User data, Cache, Reflashed a Stock JB 4.3 - Result : Stuck at Bootloop.
3. Flashed KK 4.4.2 , again using the Wugfresh Nexus Toolkit - Result : Stuck at Bootloop.

I tried searching google for bootloops due to motherboard issues just to be clear from my side. The solution what LG guy gave sounded like I have no idea, lets replace the entire thing. Which i am pretty sure is not the correct method.

1. boot into bootloader.

I know Nexus 4 is a developer phone and easy to recover from brick status due to its intended purpose. Please advise what else can I do to revive my Nexus 4 and let me know in case I haven't done any thing which can restore this thing back to normal.

Thanks and Cheers,
Sid

Try not using a toolkit, and doing it manually instead:

http://xdaforums.com/nexus-4/general/how-to-how-to-flash-factory-image-t2010312

Reactions: siddhu2411

siddhu2411

May 15, 2012

Thank you abaaaabbbb63, I did find that post and performed the steps and now i can boot into android JB 4.2.2

But here's the thing the battery icon is showing an exclamation mark and mentioning that it is not charging. and second it seems that i am not receiving any mobile signal.

Could this mean my battery is faulty and replacing it may allow me to use the mobile signal.

abaaaabbbb63

Nov 19, 2011
Somewhere Over The Rainbow
Thank you abaaaabbbb63, I did find that post and performed the steps and now i can boot into android JB 4.2.2

But here's the thing the battery icon is showing an exclamation mark and mentioning that it is not charging. and second it seems that i am not receiving any mobile signal.

Could this mean my battery is faulty and replacing it may allow me to use the mobile signal.

Flash the KitKat factory image. That might solve the mobile signal issue.

The battery one, if not solved my the kitkat image, might be a hardware fault.

Reactions: siddhu2411

albanach

May 13, 2014

Did you get this fixed? Were you able to upgrade beyond 4.2.2?

My Nexus is currently bootlooping if I try and upgrade beyond 4.2.2 - though my battery seems fine. I'm wondering if there's some similar problem though.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey Guys,

1. boot into bootloader.

Thanks and Cheers,
    Sid

Try not using a toolkit, and doing it manually instead:

http://xdaforums.com/nexus-4/general/how-to-how-to-flash-factory-image-t2010312

Flash the KitKat factory image. That might solve the mobile signal issue.

The battery one, if not solved my the kitkat image, might be a hardware fault.