CAN i use at&t note ii with different carrier?

Search This thread

guyenxda000

Oct 16, 2010
I have note ii from at&t which is also rooted. Can i use with different carrier as I am contemplating verizin wireless? Other day, i talked to girl in bestbuy and she has outright refused has no clue of what rooted phone is. Approached another guy, and pointed me to anohter person in another best buy location who can do some real technical advise but reminded me to talk to him in secrecy.

Another option seems to be sign up with Verizon buying real cheap 10$ phone and change the sim card.

Thanks,

DJ Scooby Doo

Apr 13, 2012
New York City
lockergnome.net
I have note ii from at&t which is also rooted. Can i use with different carrier as I am contemplating verizin wireless? Other day, i talked to girl in bestbuy and she has outright refused has no clue of what rooted phone is. Approached another guy, and pointed me to anohter person in another best buy location who can do some real technical advise but reminded me to talk to him in secrecy.

Another option seems to be sign up with Verizon buying real cheap 10$ phone and change the sim card.

Thanks,

As another member posted, with Verizon no. You can use it with T-Mobile, Simple Mobile, MetroPCS, Cricket, Red Pocket, Straight Talk, etc. Only GSM carriers support this phone. No CDMAs.

nooton

Aug 25, 2014
AT&T and Tmobile are GSM networks, mostly compatible.

You can use any AT&T phone (even locked) on AT&T or one of their MVNOs, basically resellers of their network. See here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_mobile_virtual_network_operators

If you unlock it, you can also use it on Tmobile, or any of their MVNOs. But Tmobile HSPA+/LTE data networks may or may not match up too well with your AT&T phone, depends on the phone.

Sprint/Verizon use CDMA, a fundamentally incompatible technology from GSM, so it is a no-go.

guyenxda000

Oct 16, 2010
okay , i switched to tmovile and got an LG G FLEX. Turns out this phone is piece of ****, dropped 2 feet with the rubber case and screen cracked. Now I am going to use the ATT NOTE II with tmobile. Once I transferred the sim card out of that ****ty LG G FLEX's SIM onto NOTE II, it says network locked SIM card. What do I do? should I bring to tmobile and attempt to have unlock the sim card? Or Bring to ATT? Thanks.,

cellgeek

Dec 24, 2006
Seattle
okay , i switched to tmovile and got an LG G FLEX. Turns out this phone is piece of ****, dropped 2 feet with the rubber case and screen cracked. Now I am going to use the ATT NOTE II with tmobile. Once I transferred the sim card out of that ****ty LG G FLEX's SIM onto NOTE II, it says network locked SIM card. What do I do? should I bring to tmobile and attempt to have unlock the sim card? Or Bring to ATT? Thanks.,

When I moved our Note II to T-mobile, I got an unlock code from one of the websites. Then I took it to T-Mobile and used that unlock code at the store. Lot's of sites that will send you and unlock code and directions to unlock. You can search this forum for "SIM Unlock" and you'll find plenty of threads.

Did you get the T-Mobile "JUMP" for the Flex? If so, then you can have it replaced, otherwise you're SOL.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    No, you can't. GSM networks only with this phone like T-Mobile. Verizon is a CDMA network