Home button doesn't wake the Screen some times

Search This thread

York_21

Oct 23, 2013
San José
Solution

I don't think it's an hardware issue.

Like I said, updating the bootloader and the modem solved the issue. I changed from S5 to Bacon, but the person who i gave the S5 doesn't even know that this issue exists.

You should give a try.

Best regards.

z89x23

Dec 28, 2012
Limassol
I don't think it's an hardware issue.

Like I said, updating the bootloader and the modem solved the issue. I changed from S5 to Bacon, but the person who i gave the S5 doesn't even know that this issue exists.

You should give a try.

Best regards.

just got my phone yesterday.. They changed the screen again.. :confused:

Well so far i encounter the issue 2 times but after that nothing.. also this 2 times it was only for a very short time.. i m using it with out issues.. for now...

I will monitor it for a while and then if it occurs again i will do that you mentioned above.. :) I have a proposition to swap it with a Note 4 so i m gonna wait for a while.. :)

z89x23

Dec 28, 2012
Limassol
well guys after monitoring the problem for about a month i swapped my S5 with a Note 4..

This was around xmas.. The problem still occurred and the company didnt want to change it with a new S5.. Dont know why tho..

i didnt want to move to Note 4 but they gave me only that choice regarding my phone plan..

So for me it was one way..

thanx for all your help..

rciochin

May 21, 2012
Uninstalling facebook and facebook messenger fixes the problem

Hi all,

I've been having the issue even after updating to Lolipop so I figured maybe it's not TouchWiz, and maybe it's not Android, it might be an app. The issue on my S5 was that even during calls sometimes when I would take the phone away from my ear and the screen should light up so that I can close the call it would still just light up the softkeys. So I figured maybe it's an application that requires access to all privileges even the dialer. Also my phone was alaways connected to the internet and whenever I would have bad Mobile Network coverage I would notice the issue would manifest more frequently. So I thought directly to the Facebook apps who always get push notifications. I uninstalled both the Messenger and the Facebook app and for 3 days the "Soft keys on, screen not on" issue didn't manifest itself even once.

Hope this helps & best of luck to everybody,
Razvan

moonisalove

Sep 15, 2010
Monterrey
I had the same problem ever since December and took it to my carrier here in Mexico ( Iusacell ) I also have tripped the Knox 0X1....they sent it to Samsung and after long wait of two weeks they gave me the phone back, they restored the software and cleaned the screen just to make sure that was not the problem. I knew it was not going to work but I wanted to give it a try. After 5 days of problems approximately around 10 to 20 times a day I went back to the store with the same issue and they gave me a brand new phone which has the same mobo 1.100... I been using it for approximately 5 days and I have not had any problems so far.

Sent from my SM-G900H

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    hi guys..

Got my new phone at the launching day.. everything runs perfect..

But yesterday and today i encounter a small issue..

please note that i have fingerprint scanner lock on my phone..

when i pressed the home button just to wake the screen, the screen didn't respond.. only the side buttons lid..

the screen remained black after the second press too.. then i pressed the power button once and the screen woke..

the thing was that when i pressed the power button after this incident the home screen game me a third option, apart from emergency calls (left) and alternative password (right), Unlock via Google placed to the middle..

this happened also today twice..

Any suggestions on this ?? did anyone encounter this ??

please note that i didn't use any other locking method except fingerprint scanner and the home button responds fine in any other case.. Thanx..
    Hey man,
    Had the same issue with my S5, I think the wait for the fix is easier to handle if you know there are other guys having the same issue rather than having something wrong with your specific device. So imho it'd be great if some other guys would reply just to know it's a common issue.
    To me SGS5 is a great phone even with all the rants and reviews against buying it, there will be updates, we just need to be patient.

Thanks for the post!

I can confirm that i have similar issues too.
    Sometimes (2-3 a day) the screen is not waking up from sleep state when i press the home or the power button.
    The solution is that i need to press the power button to sleep the device and then press again or press the home button to wake up.
    Not a big deal but i hope that this issue is not hardware related and a firmware fix will solve it.

Apart from this, it's really a great smartphone.
    I just had an update to ANG2. So far, no black screen on wake issue is present in my few hours of use since the update. Let's hope they've licked this problem.

It's a great update in general as well - the fingerprint scanner is improved and has better notification animations and the whole phone feels a lot snappier!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

same here.. i installed it yesterday..

Model: SM-G900F
    Model name: GALAXY S5
    Version: Android 4.4.2
    Changelist: 2089850
    Build date: Thu, 03 Jul 2014 05:08:46 +0000
    Product Code: BTU
    PDA: G900FXXU1ANG2
    CSC: G900FOXA1ANG3
    MODEM: G900FXXU1ANG2
    Switch off auto brightness

I did that.. It did reduce the frequency of the bug a lot but its still there..

now i don't want to smash my phone on a wall every 10 minutes.. LOL

will wait for the big android update 4.4.4 or L (5).. if it doesn't resolve i will change my device..