Market/Gmail issues?

Search This thread

Stickboy46

Aug 31, 2007
Is anyone else having issues with the Market/Gmail. I flashed several different roms and keep getting the "cannot establish a reliable data connection" message when trying to set up my gmail. I did hard resets, data resets, everything. Finally i did a nandroid restore so i can at least have my contacts and i still cant sync my gmail or get into the market. All other data and email accounts work fine.

onehitter

Nov 7, 2008
i have been having issues with the market as well. Also if I search through google on my phone it will not do anything using search button and google web page will not load...

e_heinemann

Jul 30, 2010
I too am having this issue. It just started for me last night. My brother is running stock on his EVO with no problem. I am on CM6 nightly (8/14) with snap kernel 7.1. I am about to flash the new CM6 release and hope that helps...

wesleyorama

Jul 25, 2008
Yeah, I have flashed 3 or so roms today, and I even flashed my radios. I am currently running the stock (yet rooted) 2.2 for the EVO and still can not access the market (or anything else Google related.). I have attempted to get on the market using other phones around the office (Samsung Moment) and they too can not get on.

But, I have noticed that when I turn WiFi on it works like a dream. That is what is worrying me for some reason. I know other phones cant get to the market, but the fact that I can though WiFi makes me think something is wrong with my phone.

Maybe its just sprint...

onehitter

Nov 7, 2008
i think it is sprint because i have a rooted evo here at work and it cannot access anything google. the guy down the hall has an unrooted stock 2.2 evo and it is the same thing.

e_heinemann

Jul 30, 2010
I'm starting to think it is Sprint. A buddy of mine just came to my desk running a stock non-rooted EVO and he is having similar issues.

onehitter

Nov 7, 2008
i should also add that I am in St Louis. I read in the forums at androidforums that 1 guy had this problem and he was in st louis but others did not so it may not be all over.

themandan

Aug 30, 2010
Minneapolis,MN
I am in Minneapolis

I too am having the same problem. I do however have data with a 4G connection. I don't know if any of you have that option. I have no GMail, Google Maps/Nav, Internet, AppBrain with 3G but I do have Facebook.

When I switch to 4G I get all of that back. The only problem is that I don't have 4G everywhere I go.

Hope this gets fixed soon. Makes me feel better that I'm not the only one.

boxmander

Jul 23, 2009
I am having the same issues, no google services work, that includes:
Google Talk
Gmail
Google Reader
Google Voice
pointing a browser at www.google.com

All other web surfing works fine, all other data works fine, full bars 3G

Tried factory data resets, 3 different roms
Flashed back to stock 2.2 still nothing.

I can't add Google accounts.

Sounds like basically no connection to any Google servers for any of their services.

Seems like its just through sprint though, maybe not, maybe sprints routers stopped routing traffic to Google for some reason.

TwinsFan

Aug 14, 2010
Minneapolis
I am in Minneapolis

I too am having the same problem. I do however have data with a 4G connection. I don't know if any of you have that option. I have no GMail, Google Maps/Nav, Internet, AppBrain with 3G but I do have Facebook.

When I switch to 4G I get all of that back. The only problem is that I don't have 4G everywhere I go.

Hope this gets fixed soon. Makes me feel better that I'm not the only one.

Same here in St. Paul. I wish this meant the official 4G roll-out was here, but it's probably not even related..

goffmj

Mar 7, 2010
Minneapolis
Same here in St. Paul. I wish this meant the official 4G roll-out was here, but it's probably not even related..

I also wish they would expand it juuuuust a little farther to Eden Prairie. But during the day I work in MPLS, so at least I have some 4G.

Also having some difficulties with pretty much anything Google related over 3G, but everything is gravy with 4G and WiFi. Also noticed this had started happening yesterday.

TwinsFan

Aug 14, 2010
Minneapolis
I also wish they would expand it juuuuust a little farther to Eden Prairie. But during the day I work in MPLS, so at least I have some 4G.

Also having some difficulties with pretty much anything Google related over 3G, but everything is gravy with 4G and WiFi. Also noticed this had started happening yesterday.

Yeah no kidding. It seems I get a signal everywhere I go EXCEPT near my building. Story of my life :mad:

illogic6

Jul 10, 2009
Having the same issues in Saint Louis. =/

snap20100830181218.png

e_heinemann

Jul 30, 2010
I'm in Birmingham, still having the problem, did get Google.com to come up once though, but can't search after that.

illogic6

Jul 10, 2009
Thinking about calling in and complaining.

I can't get to anything except on wifi. =/

Last edited:

E-MAC

Jun 16, 2010
St. Louis
Same issues here, started last night. Data on wi-fi works like a champ, anything over 3G that is google related doesn't work at all. I'm in STL.

I think everyone needs to call.