[RECOVERY] ClockworkMod Recovery for Galaxy Tab - BETA

Search This thread

bombarder

May 2, 2008
Kiev
Hi there, please help me with verizon bootstrapper, I bought it on market, start it, then make reboot, start clockworkmod v 3.0.0, what should I do next to make xt4 formated?Should I pull out sd card from tab before formating?thanks

Last edited:

siacotos

Mar 18, 2009
in the instructions to the link you provided it says to do what is listed at the beginning of this thread. but i have a question. i have a uscc tab flashed with verizon restore method, can i treat it as if it were a verzion? and where do i find the kernel and image file? the links at the beginning are dead.

pendevous

Apr 4, 2011
Paranaque City

extremx

Aug 12, 2008
Strange issue.. I have tried to find this exact issue, but I can't find it.. I'm sure its out there just nothing coming from my search strings/and looking through similar issues.

VZW Tab. I installed the bootstrap thing.. then flashed recovery with ROM Manager. Now I am stuck with a battery symbol (empty battery).

When I hook it up to the PC and hold vol up.. it just loops to this.. no "SAMSUNG" nothing.

vol down gives me the "Downloading"

So.. what is the fix for this or did I mess something up?

I have the Modaco rom zip'd up.

1st one with easy answer 5.00 to your paypal. Please post answer here for posterity.

I am having this same issue, but did not see a solution. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

TheGrammarFreak

Jul 29, 2010
twitter.com
I am having this same issue, but did not see a solution. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

If you can get to Download mode (that "Downloading" thing) then flash a working kernel using Heimdall. Assume you're using a VZW Tab then look for a kernel by Boushh (oh hell, I looked for you: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=941781). There are instructions in the first post on flashing the kernel using Heimdall. This will give you a partly bootable system with ClockworkMOD. Once there, look for a custom ROM for VZW Tabs ;)

Reactions: extremx

extremx

Aug 12, 2008
If you can get to Download mode (that "Downloading" thing) then flash a working kernel using Heimdall. Assume you're using a VZW Tab then look for a kernel by Boushh (oh hell, I looked for you: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=941781). There are instructions in the first post on flashing the kernel using Heimdall. This will give you a partly bootable system with ClockworkMOD. Once there, look for a custom ROM for VZW Tabs ;)

I can indeed get to download mode! Thanks for the info, much appreciated.

extremx

Aug 12, 2008
I can indeed get to download mode! Thanks for the info, much appreciated.

So at this point, i use heimdall to flash the KhasMek.Voodoo.plus.CDMA.Tab.v4.OC.zImage to Kernel and Recovery. It reboots and chills at the samsung screen. If i power cycle at that point it goes back to the non-animated battery screen again.

(i originaly flashed the KhasMek.Voodoo.plus.CDMA.Tab.v4.OC.zImage using SGS)

Thanks,

*edit: SO i used the zImage from the v5 .zip, and now its talking to me telling me its convering. So i think i'm good at this point. If not i will be back ;)

Last edited:

TheGrammarFreak

Jul 29, 2010
twitter.com
So at this point, i use heimdall to flash the KhasMek.Voodoo.plus.CDMA.Tab.v4.OC.zImage to Kernel and Recovery. It reboots and chills at the samsung screen. If i power cycle at that point it goes back to the non-animated battery screen again.

(i originaly flashed the KhasMek.Voodoo.plus.CDMA.Tab.v4.OC.zImage using SGS)

Thanks,

Unplug it to avoid that charging screen. Then boot to recovery (vol. up and power) and flash the custom ROM by Boushh

ahmadshawki

Aug 1, 2007
Mansoura
I used the emulator instead of the adb on the PC. It worked like a charm.
Thank you soooooooooo much for the detailed instructions...

randyist

Oct 13, 2008
Finally have ClockworkMod on my Sprint GT!!!!!!!! Thanks!!!!!!

I also have the Sprint Tab. I tried flashed CWM and it's on my tablet now, but it hangs at the Samsung Screen. If I shut it off and boot into recovery by pressing VOL UP + Power, it starts doing a backup as it boots into recovery, and has a bunch of errors near the end of backup..I succesfully flashed the Spacemoose rom, it only took 5 to 10 seconds.. but then when i do the reboot, it still freezes at the Samsung screen. I'm really afraid that i bricked this thing :(:mad::(

After i get into recovery, and it starts doing all that backup stuff it says:

E:failed to mount /cache (invalid argument)
E:Can't mount /cache/recovery/command
/cache (invalid argument)
/cache/recovery/log

Last edited:

TheGrammarFreak

Jul 29, 2010
twitter.com
Once again: the software in this thread is BROKEN! Please don't use it. If you're using a Sprint/VZW Tab then look for the work by Boushh. He has made a ClockworkMOD that works, as well as a very good custom ROM.

TainT

Aug 27, 2007
A Desert ****Hole
Once again: the software in this thread is BROKEN! Please don't use it. If you're using a Sprint/VZW Tab then look for the work by Boushh. He has made a ClockworkMOD that works, as well as a very good custom ROM.

And the GSM versions?
I was headed to install Chainfires cf-root v3.3 because it installs CWR. Chainfire himself recomends using "Koush` version"

Could you lend your opinion on the best way to get CWR installed on a rooted T-Mobile tab. (froyo)
Its time to get some phone love outta my tab. Ive had it since Nov :-/

I'm not saying it isn't borked, I'm just saying that it was built for CM use :) Mine isn't. Probably works fine though, but you'd have to try the combination out.

I guess that covers it :)

Guess i should read threads backwards....found all your Goodness GrammarFreak, thanks .....

Oh for the love of God let this thread die.

The software here is not Beta, it is broken.

Verizon users, use this: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=941781

Last edited:

TheGrammarFreak

Jul 29, 2010
twitter.com
Sorry I didn't reply. Real life and all. Seems you're sorted, but I'll say this:

Most custom ROMs have CWM built in, and Chainfire's kernel/root thing-a-ma-doo is always a good place to start

greenleaves

Dec 15, 2010
Philadelphia
LG V30
TMO tab clockworkmod ver 2.5.1.8

I have a TMO tab rooted and had ROM manager installed from market. I used ROM manager and flash clockworkmod recovery and got version 2.5.1.8.

The recovery works but it has some mounting errors. How can I update to the latest version? I am running stock TMO ROM.

Thanks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    THIS IS BETA SOFTWARE
    If you don't know what you are doing, don't use this.

Restoring to factory after using this process (you need using stock images):

heimdall flash --kernel stockzImage --recovery stockzImage --factoryfs factoryfs.rfs

TMobile Tab Users:
    How it works: The recovery is packaged as an update.zip that you run from a modified STOCK recovery. The update.zip unpacks Clockwork Recovery onto the ramdisk and restarts recovery. When you reboot, it reverts back to the original stock recovery. So, you will need to keep the recovery on the root of your SD card as an update.zip, and apply the zip every time you want to start Clockwork. However, ROM Manager handles this all pretty seamlessly for you.

Installation instructions for TMOBILE TAB:
    Download the kernel:
    TMobile - http://koush.tandtgaming.com//samsung/tab/tmobile_zImage

Installation instructions:
    Flash the kernel using flash_image: http://koush.tandtgaming.com//test/flash_image (This will flash both boot and recovery)
    1. adb push flash_image /data/local/bin/flash_image
    2. adb push tmobile_zImage /sdcard/
    3. adb shell
    4. su
    5. chmod 755 /data/local/bin/flash_image
    6. /data/local/bin/flash_image boot /sdcard/tmobile_zImage
    7. sync
    8. exit # This should take you back to your computer's console

Download ROM Manager from the Market.
    Flash Recovery.
    Choose the appropriate Galaxy Tab version.
    Accept the Superuser prompt.
    Use ROM Manager to create a Backup.

Verizon Tab Users:
    Want to save your self some command line headaches and risk and donate to a developer? Then go download the Verizon Tab Recovery Bootstrap off the Market and use that instead of this guide. :)

Download the kernel:
    Verizon - http://koush.tandtgaming.com//samsung/tab/verizon_zImage

Installation instructions for VERIZON TAB:
    You do NOT need to do this if you used the Bootstrap application
    Flash the kernel using flash_image: http://koush.tandtgaming.com//test/flash_image (This will flash both boot and recovery)
    2. adb push verizon_zImage /sdcard/
    3. adb shell
    4. su
    6. /data/local/bin/flash_image boot /sdcard/verizon_zImage
    7. sync
    9. adb reboot recovery # Boot into recovery

It will now convert your rfs partitions to ext4.
    Flash Recovery.

Euro Tab Users:
    Want to save your self some command line headaches and risk and donate to a developer? Then go download the Euro Tab Recovery Bootstrap off the Market and use that instead of this guide. :)

Download the kernel:
    Euro - http://koush.tandtgaming.com//samsung/tab/international_zImage

Installation instructions for EURO TAB:
    You do NOT need to do this if you used the Bootstrap application
    2. adb push international_zImage /sdcard/
    3. adb shell
    4. su
    6. /data/local/bin/flash_image boot /sdcard/international_zImage
    7. sync
    9. adb reboot recovery # Boot into recovery

It will now convert your rfs partitions to ext4.
    Flash Recovery.

If you appreciate my work, please buy the Premium version of ROM Manager!
    Stuck on samsung screen after using koush bootstrapper?

Download heimdall and then read the "README" file for setting up the drivers. The drivers worked fine for me in win7 x64.

Once the usb drivers are setup for heimdall, boot your galaxy tab into download mode by holding Vol-down + power button.

Make sure your tab is connected and run the following command using koush's clockwork kernal/recovery image found here: (sorry can't post links)
    h**p://koush.droid.co//samsung/tab/verizon_zImage

c:\galaxytab\heimdall\heimdall flash --kernel verizon_zImage --recovery verizon_zImage

You should now be able to get into clockworkmod recovery by holding Vol-up + power button.

Once in recovery, restore your before-ext4 backup. You should be back to where you were before the bootstrapper but you now have clockworkmod.

Good luck
    I believe I may have found the cause of several bugs; I am using the busybox sh link rather than the normal Android sh. This may be causing a lot of problems with scripts executing, and thus possibly various initializations of the hardware. I'll put new releases out for Vzw and Euro tonight.

not sure whether the OP answers what the poster is asking. He's asking whether he can flash the Tmob firmware (= making his device a Tmob device), then apply CM recovery, since Tmob is supported. He's not asking whether EU tab is supported (which we all know by now, it is not).

anyway, i do not like the aggressiveness in this thread. if someone would add koush/clockworkmod in twitter we all would know that he didn't even have a tab, volunteered to create a cm recovery for us anyway, and slowly the ball starts rolling.

we on the other hand are *****ing and biting like little girls that didn't get the right Barbie doll - surely a great incentive for developers joining this forum and starting developing recovery/ROMs at the risk of being attacked or users *****ing with and against each other

i have no say here, but let me just say this: CHILL!