Cases for Dell Venue 8 (Android)

Search This thread

Intake

Sep 2, 2010
Hi,

Does anyone have any recommendations for dell venue 8 cases? I've been looking everywhere and all I see are cases for the pro series. I found one but the black color is out of stock on amazon with only purple and pink colors left, which I don't want haha.

streak4m3

Nov 14, 2010
I have an Evercase in black that I got from Amazon as it was about the only option available at the time.

It does not fold over backwards or stand as well as it possibly could. Otherwise a nice looking quality product. Has to be left open to charge, kind of bothersome. So I'd give it 3.5 stars on design, 4 stars on quality and 5 stars on price.

http://www.amazon.com/Evecase-SlimB...7L6/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?showViewpoints=1

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

droidnext

Jul 2, 2012

Intake

Sep 2, 2010
I have an Evercase in black that I got from Amazon as it was about the only option available at the time.

It does not fold over backwards or stand as well as it possibly could. Otherwise a nice looking quality product. Has to be left open to charge, kind of bothersome. So I'd give it 3.5 stars on design, 4 stars on quality and 5 stars on price.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

This was the only one I was able to find too, but the black sold out when I posted this and was not available for backorder. Looks like i'm now able to back order it.

I just ordered this, look very nice. Make sure you click on Dell Venue 8 (Android) tab.

Oh sweet, thanks, I wasn't able to find this the last time I tried to look for a case. This one looks real nice and it looks like it has a magnetic cover too. I might get this one but I'm not sure what to pick between the two.. decisions decisions..

deltatux

Apr 17, 2011
Toronto
Does anyone know any good cases that can be sold in Canada? The Amazon link only ships to US addresses. I'm interested in getting the Dell Venue 8 but all the good cases I've found are either for the Venue 8 Pro or the Venue 7...

Thanks,
deltatux

TheUnforgiven83

May 19, 2012
North Georgia
I bought the Targus Kickstand Case for $14.99 from Dell with my Venue 8, and while and it fits the tablet very nicely, it blocks the charging port when closed and it lacks a loop to stash a stylus. Other than that, it is a nice solid well made case.

BMWBig6

Dec 2, 2013
I bought the Targus Kickstand Case for $14.99 from Dell with my Venue 8, and while and it fits the tablet very nicely, it blocks the charging port when closed and it lacks a loop to stash a stylus. Other than that, it is a nice solid well made case.

Do you have a link to the Targus Kickstand case for the Venue 8? I can't seem to find a picture.

I did find a "Folio kickstand case" for $29.99. Is that it?

TheUnforgiven83

May 19, 2012
North Georgia
Do you have a link to the Targus Kickstand case for the Venue 8? I can't seem to find a picture.

I did find a "Folio kickstand case" for $29.99. Is that it?

http://accessories.dell.com/sna/pro....aspx?c=ca&l=en&s=bsd&cs=cabsdt1&sku=460-BBHP

The description is wrong though. The case has no stylus holder which kinda annoys me... I'm thinking about ordering the other case for it which does have a stylus holder. Also this case blocks the charging port when it is closed. I'll link some pics of it soon if you'd like.

BMWBig6

Dec 2, 2013
http://accessories.dell.com/sna/pro....aspx?c=ca&l=en&s=bsd&cs=cabsdt1&sku=460-BBHP

The description is wrong though. The case has no stylus holder which kinda annoys me... I'm thinking about ordering the other case for it which does have a stylus holder. Also this case blocks the charging port when it is closed. I'll link some pics of it soon if you'd like.

Thanks for the link, that's the one found too but I couldn't link to it myself because I don't have 10 posts yet.

arclight25

May 17, 2008
Indianapolis, IN

I got this case, as it is the best option I could find at the moment. It is not too bad and does the job.

Sent from my Venue 8 3830 using XDA Premium HD app

I just ordered this, look very nice. Make sure you click on Dell Venue 8 (Android) tab.

http://www.amazon.com/Smart-Windows...id=1386101680&sr=1-3&keywords=dell+venue+case

I just got this today. It's a nice little cover, with a magnet that keeps the cover shut. It's lean and pretty much keeps the form factor. I am going to get two, in fact - I ordered one from China due around 1/15, but then Amazon decided to ship it themselves and with my Amazon Prime membership, I just pulled the trigger and got it shipped in two days.

hefftone

Dec 27, 2010
Dallas, Ga
I got a case from ebay for about $15 came with a stylus, will post a review when it arrives.

As far as screen covers, i got the Armorsuit from amazon.It looked pretty crappy when I put it on, but by the next day it really cleared up and looked incredible (per the instructions). It comes with some liquid spray that helps with positioning and squeezing out bubbles.

More of a lurker, will root and flash CM11 when the heavy lifting is done. But I am here for emotional support, cheering you all on from the sidelines. I still use my samsung Captivate on CM10.2 thanks to hard workers like you guys. Could never figure it out without the walkthroughs.

castnorth

Aug 4, 2009
Just got the Poetic case today from Amazon and am pretty happy. The fake leather is soft and it doesn't have a bad smell like some reviews have noted. Also size wise it is very comfortable. After reading other reviews I was worried it might be to big. Not the case for me. Another nice touch is the magnetic seal when closing the case.

Some small critiques: there is a small amount of shifting so that the alignment of the camera to the hole is off. Functionally not an issue but when looking it is obviously not centered. Also while the quality of the build seems top notch I would not be surprised if it fell apart suddenly after being exposed to water or a dog.

If any thing changes I will update is post.

Sent from my Venue 8 3830 using xda app-developers app

castnorth

Aug 4, 2009
Also in case anyone is looking the Dell site is carrying cases again. :)

Sent from my Venue 8 3830 using xda app-developers app

hefftone

Dec 27, 2010
Dallas, Ga
Just got mine today. It looks pretty cheap and cheesy. The seams are only single stitched. The case dies not make it any less awkward to hold as it has no holding strap. Alignment is crooked as it's obviously not centered. It merely slips in to cut out fake leather and tuna flap secures with vecro. Have to leave case open to plugin data cable. The stand up flap is a cheesy design.
For $15 shipped came with stylus and screen protector.
I will metro it to avoid the hassle of eBay returns.... But I will also snap pic so you can steer clear of it.

Tapatalk/Android/DV8_JB_4.2.2

3dupunk

Mar 10, 2013
Bought the ivso case off Amazon for 18.5 I think. I like the case a lot but the metal on the flap may scratch your screen. I took the metal piece off and the case looks better imo and is still functional. it also keeps the form factor, I'll take some pics later.

I also bought the joto screen protector, don't know about durability but I like it.

Sent by flying midget