[HELP] No signal no matter what I try

Search This thread

poopsmcgee

Jul 9, 2013
Quezon CIty
Hi. So here's the thing:

I was trying to unlock my Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9505 and I kinda messed up. I chose the DM/DUN/RmNet over HSUSB option from the *#9090# where it said that all NV data will be erased, and I chose YES. Then after reboot, I didn't get any signal from my carrier. I've tried other SIMs, but nothing changed.

Then I found out that I needed an EFS backup or something like that, which unfortunately I didn't make.

I tried flashing the original stock rom (MDE), but nothing happened. I updated the rom to MDM, but then the baseband version became unknown and the IMEI number became NULL. So I flashed the MDE rom again and I got the IMEI and baseband version back. Then I tried to root my phone. Root was successful, so I tried to use EFS Professional. I backed up everything, and restored but nothing changed,

I know the phone reads the SIM card because I can see the SIM Toolkit change to the carrier's. The problem is I don't get any signal.

Can anyone please help me? :(

madmediapro

Oct 13, 2010
Did you ever get any info or help with this?

Hi. So here's the thing:

I was trying to unlock my Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9505 and I kinda messed up. I chose the DM/DUN/RmNet over HSUSB option from the *#9090# where it said that all NV data will be erased, and I chose YES. Then after reboot, I didn't get any signal from my carrier. I've tried other SIMs, but nothing changed.

Then I found out that I needed an EFS backup or something like that, which unfortunately I didn't make.

I tried flashing the original stock rom (MDE), but nothing happened. I updated the rom to MDM, but then the baseband version became unknown and the IMEI number became NULL. So I flashed the MDE rom again and I got the IMEI and baseband version back. Then I tried to root my phone. Root was successful, so I tried to use EFS Professional. I backed up everything, and restored but nothing changed,

I know the phone reads the SIM card because I can see the SIM Toolkit change to the carrier's. The problem is I don't get any signal.

Can anyone please help me? :(

I did the same thing. I did make a NV Backup. Copied them back but that didn't change the no signal problem. I have tried odin back stock root and unrooted. Some how you have to get out of the DM/DUN/RmNet over HSUSB setting and back in DM/DUN over HSIC but I can't find a way. Can you get into the *#9090# without it being blanked out settings?

madmediapro

Oct 13, 2010
I bought a new phone for my girlfriend a s4 and copied the nv items from her new phone to my phone. I had service, changed esn spc and reflashed my phone. Everything is working great now

Sent from my SPH-L720 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: d3v147

terminator1983

Jan 2, 2012
I bought a new phone for my girlfriend a s4 and copied the nv items from her new phone to my phone. I had service, changed esn spc and reflashed my phone. Everything is working great now

Hi , can u plz tell me where is nv_data on s4 i9505 bcoz i can't see nv_data on i9505 efs folder.

madmediapro

Oct 13, 2010
If snow is coming in like its suppose to in va tomorrow. If not I will do it this weekend. I will tell everyone in detail what I did and what programs I used to restore my phone to get service back on my phone.

madmediapro

Oct 13, 2010
I have to start out by saying that my phone is Sprint Samsung S4(SPH-L720). I’m not sure if this is going to help you. I came here for help. Hoping that I can help out because this site has helped me so much the last four year I have been here. And of course I’m not responsible in anyway for what you do to your device. Just posting what I did to fix my phone. Programs used Win7 64-bit (WIN XP should work), Odin3 v3.07, EFS_Professional_2.0.72, QPST 2.7 Build 422, HxD, DFS CDMA Tool Demo.

My old phone and new phone I bought did not have knox bootloader on them.

First thing I did to both was flash (Oldest Firmware) SPH-L720_MDC_Rooted_Restore.tar.md5 with Odin3 v3.07. Updated both SuperSU and BusyBox from PlayStore on both phones.

Then I used EFS_Professional_2.0.72 to Backup all NV Items from new phone that had cell service. Turned phone off and pulled battery. Then Formatted all NV Items on old phone and restored backup from new phone. Restarted and had cell bars in status bar. So I knew I was good to good with flashing my service back on the device.

Using QPST 2.7 Build 422, HxD, and DFS CDMA Tool Demo verison will work just fine to do what you need to do. Go to Device Manager and find what com port your device is on. Open QPST Configuration click “Add New Port…” the com port will not be visible but if you type “COMXX” in both port and port label it will be added to qpst configuration. Example is my port COM23 so I added COM23. Close window and open DFS connect com and send spc and pwd close DFS. Note: “You have to send SPC then Pwd with DFS before using any programs on QPST.” Open EFS Explorer send spc go to directory nvm\num copy items 0 85 1943 to desktop. Use HxD to zero out items. Then delete items from nvm\num directory on EFS Explorer. Then copy the zeroed out items back to phone. Reset phone and open DFS and restore original setting that came with the phone. You should be able to restore MEID, ESN, SPC, and IMEI with DFS.

I hope XDA Developers will understand that this is just restoring your phone back to original state. That is exactly what I did. Hope this helps you.

terminator1983

Jan 2, 2012
I have to start out by saying that my phone is Sprint Samsung S4(SPH-L720). I’m not sure if this is going to help you. I came here for help. Hoping that I can help out because this site has helped me so much the last four year I have been here. And of course I’m not responsible in anyway for what you do to your device. Just posting what I did to fix my phone. Programs used Win7 64-bit (WIN XP should work), Odin3 v3.07, EFS_Professional_2.0.72, QPST 2.7 Build 422, HxD, DFS CDMA Tool Demo.

First thing I did to both was flash (Oldest Firmware) SPH-L720_MDC_Rooted_Restore.tar.md5 with Odin3 v3.07. Updated both SuperSU and BusyBox from PlayStore on both phones.

Then I used EFS_Professional_2.0.72 to Backup all NV Items from new phone that had cell service. Turned phone off and pulled battery. Then Formatted all NV Items on old phone and restored backup from new phone. Restarted and had cell bars in status bar. So I knew I was good to good with flashing my service back on the device.

Using QPST 2.7 Build 422, HxD, and DFS CDMA Tool Demo verison will work just fine to do what you need to do. Go to Device Manager and find what com port your device is on. Open QPST Configuration click “Add New Port…” the com port will not be visible but if you type “COMXX” in both port and port label it will be added to qpst configuration. Example is my port COM23 so I added COM23. Close window and open DFS connect com and send spc and pwd close DFS. Note: “You have to send SPC then Pwd with DFS before using any programs on QPST.” Open EFS Explorer send spc go to directory nvm\num copy items 0 85 1943 to desktop. Use HxD to zero out items. Then delete items from nvm\num directory on EFS Explorer. Then copy the zeroed out items back to phone. Reset phone and open DFS and restore original setting that came with the phone. You should be able to restore MEID, ESN, SPC, and IMEI with DFS.

I hope XDA Developers will understand that this is just restoring your phone back to original state. That is exactly what I did. Hope this helps you.

Thanks for sharing and i don't think it will work on my device i9505 but i do appreciate the work u have shared thumbs up.

d3v147

Aug 30, 2010
I still think this may work. I want to attempt but I need a known good EFS pro backup from an i9505. Unfortunately it's not that easy to convince any of my friends to let them tinker with their phones. If somebody could send me one to try I would be hugely grateful.

AlanDS

Oct 18, 2011
Kuwait
allan.ae
I still think this may work. I want to attempt but I need a known good EFS pro backup from an i9505. Unfortunately it's not that easy to convince any of my friends to let them tinker with their phones. If somebody could send me one to try I would be hugely grateful.
Using an EFS backup on two phones simultaneously will result in blacklisting of both mobile devices.

So do not try to restore an EFS backup from an usable phone..

d3v147

Aug 30, 2010
Using an EFS backup on two phones simultaneously will result in blacklisting of both mobile devices.

So do not try to restore an EFS backup from an usable phone..

I did seem MadMediaPro did not encounter this. Also it is unlikely to occur if a SIM is never inserted in the phone. The other possibility is hex editing out the IMEI in the backup.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If snow is coming in like its suppose to in va tomorrow. If not I will do it this weekend. I will tell everyone in detail what I did and what programs I used to restore my phone to get service back on my phone.