Modem Question

Search This thread

Tracerlx

Feb 9, 2010
Does the modem affect the LTE radio? I am still on MDL bootloader and I installed the NB4 modem. Curious if I will see the huge increase in speeds with LTE like everyone else.

bobolinko

Nov 5, 2010
Everett WA
Does the modem affect the LTE radio? I am still on MDL bootloader and I installed the NB4 modem. Curious if I will see the huge increase in speeds with LTE like everyone else.

I'm on T-mobile and installed it....

I only got EDGE! Lots of Bars, Much more than I got before, but never saw LTE nor 4G!

When I tried to re-flash the MDL modem which I had before, all hell broke loose.
I ended up reverting to stock, rooting it again, installing CWN recovery, and then getting my nandroid restored to 1 day ago....

Dunno if the modem file I got was farkeled or why it was not working right....

I downloaded a different modem.bin and NON-HLOS.bin and flashed it. To my great surprise, it improved all my reception quite a lot! more bars where I NEVER saw that many, and no dropped calls since the flashing of it.
Have not tested speed in detail, but rough test showed more speed overall....

Last edited:

Tracerlx

Feb 9, 2010
I'm on T-mobile and installed it....

I only got EDGE! Lots of Bars, Much more than I got before, but never saw LTE nor 4G!

When I tried to re-flash the MDL modem which I had before, all hell broke loose.
I ended up reverting to stock, rooting it again, installing CWN recovery, and then getting my nandroid restored to 1 day ago....

Dunno if the modem file I got was farkeled or why it was not working right....

I wasn't sure if the modem was GSM only or LTE included.