Need help in identifying a compatible rom

Search This thread
I have AT&T flavor of m8. I have heard that people are flashing roms from international versions to AT&T versions. Something like this used to be a big no no.

1. Can someone please help me in identifying how is this possible?

2. Which ROMs from this m8 forum can I install on my AT&T version?

I'm S_offed.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

djkinetic

Feb 26, 2011
Chicago
I have the att m8 which I converted fully to gpe...can't go back to sense till ruu's become available later if I wanted to...anyway the reason international Roms work is because the att version is pretty much the same hardware as international/gpe... Any ROM from the international side will work... Before I did the ruu gpe conversion...I ran viper arhd insert coin virtuous renovate on my att m8 with no issues.

D

duvall87

As you are s-off, could you not update your cid and firmware? Then you are free to flash any rom.

I'm not really clued up on carrier branded phones through so I could be mistaken.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

As you are s-off, could you not update your cid and firmware? Then you are free to flash any rom.

I'm not really clued up on carrier branded phones through so I could be mistaken.

I was wondering if modem or any driver component meant for specific version of hardware is included in Rom, and I flash it over to AT&T version, then will it not be a problem? But I think it really not is an issue.

djkinetic

Feb 26, 2011
Chicago
CID/MID has nothing to do with roms, the only time this comes into play is if you are trying to OTA or RUU back to stock, RUU and OTA check the CID/MID and determine whether or not the model is compatible with that particular OTA/RUU... As for modems, generally roms do not include radios/basebands, most roms are just system/boot, if a radio is included it is more then likely stated in the Devs OP, also with S-Off its easy enough to fix radio issues should you run into this. As I said the ATT variant is based off the international and gpe variant hence any rom will work.

an0ther

Sep 21, 2013
You don't need to update the firmware. You can flash any gsm Rom. They pretty much all have the att apn but if not just manually input it.