Infuse 4G reboots while still in Android??

Search This thread

Iiz10ninja

Sep 18, 2012
It's hard to explain what in the hell is happening with this phone. Here's what it does, when you turn on the phone, it goes through its usual process of booting up. After booting up, and at least use the phone for ten second, the phone's screen turns off, the phone vibrate for one time, the screen comes back on at the lock screen, vibrates 3 times, and it repeats this process forever. I had a video for you to see what the phone was doing, but im a new user. so i cant show you the video on youtube. ill probably put the video in a zip later on tonight.

Ainz_Ooal_Gown

It's hard to explain what in the hell is happening with this phone. Here's what it does, when you turn on the phone, it goes through its usual process of booting up. After booting up, and at least use the phone for ten second, the phone's screen turns off, the phone vibrate for one time, the screen comes back on at the lock screen, vibrates 3 times, and it repeats this process forever. I had a video for you to see what the phone was doing, but im a new user. so i cant show you the video on youtube. ill probably put the video in a zip later on tonight.

can you get into download mode? if you can...use heimdall to flash back to stock then flash the bootloaders afterwards...is your infuse the AT&T or Rogers Variant?

Iiz10ninja

Sep 18, 2012
yes i can get into download mode.
ive tried earlier today, and the other numerous times in the past and yet it always does that. yet, when i flash cm10.x, it doesnt do that at all. but the sound doesnt work when on jelly bean.
its the at&t variant.
before i did the heimdall earlier today, cwm did mention that the sd-ext couldn't be mounted, and there was no app2sd partition found.

Last edited:

Ainz_Ooal_Gown

yes i can get into download mode.
ive tried earlier today, and the other numerous times in the past and yet it always does that. yet, when i flash cm10.x, it doesnt do that at all. but the sound doesnt work when on jelly bean.
its the at&t variant.
before i did the heimdall earlier today, cwm did mention that the sd-ext couldn't be mounted, and there was no app2sd partition found.

try going up to kk roms and see if you get the same result

Iiz10ninja

Sep 18, 2012
try going up to kk roms and see if you get the same result

i cant even do that, because of something going on in the recovery.

Code:
Error mounting SDEXT:!
Code:
Formatting SDEXT:...
No app2sd partition found.  Skipping format of /sd-ext.

is this the reason of the random reboots?
ive been trying to move the files onto the phone so i can flash kitkat, but it wont let me do that, because the external sd card wont mount.

Last edited:

Ainz_Ooal_Gown

i cant even do that, because of something going on in the recovery.

Code:
Error mounting SDEXT:!
Code:
Formatting SDEXT:...
No app2sd partition found.  Skipping format of /sd-ext.

is this the reason of the random reboots?
ive been trying to move the files onto the phone so i can flash kitkat, but it wont let me do that, because the external sd card wont mount.

move them into the internal sd card

Iiz10ninja

Sep 18, 2012
How can I do that from the recovery? I can't do it from within Android due to the phone constantly rebooting.

Ainz_Ooal_Gown

How can I do that from the recovery? I can't do it from within Android due to the phone constantly rebooting.

go into mounts and make sure you sdcard is mounted......like how in JB and KK in recovery sdcard0 is internal and sdcard1 is external but make sure that the internal is mounted...and right above the go back text is mount usb storage where when pressed will give you the ability to put files on either internal or external sdcard when you finished adding them to your internal sdcard just click unmount usb storage and check after like 5 sec that one or both sdcards are mounted then look for the files through the install folder and if found go back to mounts and wipe cache, data, system, and datadata then go back and go to advanced then wipe dalvik then go to install and flash the files you put into your internal sdcard then to be safe wipe cache and dalvik again then reboot