[ROM][4.2.2]Slim Bean - i9300-[STABLE] [Build 8][Final 4.2.2]

Search This thread

m4psycho

Mar 12, 2008
Have you wipe cache and data of this app ? And reinstall them ?
I don't have this issue :/

Envoyé depuis mon GT-I9300

Wow, I can't believe i actually didn't think of trying that haha. *bangs head on desk* That actually worked right now, and just browsed a few sites without issue. Hopefully this is a permanent fix :p. Thanks again.

Geo1997

Mar 30, 2012
twitter.com
Re: [ROM][I9300][4.2.1]Slim Bean Stable 1.0 Official 02/18/2013

Wow, I can't believe i actually didn't think of trying that haha. *bangs head on desk* That actually worked right now, and just browsed a few sites without issue. Hopefully this is a permanent fix :p. Thanks again.

Haha :) :p :thumbup:

Envoyé depuis mon GT-I9300

Jns

Nov 16, 2011
Västerås

I have been running Slim bean for a couple of days now and loving it. But I just noticed that I can't download a few apps, for instance Wallbase, Zedge and Groupon.

I get the device isn't compatible message. Does anyone else have this issue?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk HD

krarvind

Jun 15, 2011
Saint John, NB
I have been running Slim bean for a couple of days now and loving it. But I just noticed that I can't download a few apps, for instance Wallbase, Zedge and Groupon.

I get the device isn't compatible message. Does anyone else have this issue?

Did you flash another gapps? You have to flash slim gapps or AIO, we have a modded playstore for multi dpi

Jns

Nov 16, 2011
Västerås

Did you flash another gapps? You have to flash slim gapps or AIO, we have a modded playstore for multi dpi

That might it, I think I flashed Paranoid Androids gapps.

Will flash slimbeans now and report back. Thanks for the tip.

EDIT: Yepp, gapps was the issue. Flashed slimbean gapps and all seems fine now. Thank you

Last edited:

tomcat84

May 20, 2010
Is it possible to use Tasker to switch the profiles that you can set up in Slim Bean settings?

Tasker can send completely customizable Intents, so it should be theoretically possible to achieve this, right?

Eladiko

Apr 9, 2011
I've been trying to install only GenieWidget.apk from extras pack but i cant. im getting an error that application was installed,
i marked install not authorized apps,

what can i do . thanks

digimac

Jul 10, 2010
Edinburgh
www.fusionburn.co.uk

Just rooted my sgs3 today and flashed slim bean. 1st rom for me on the sgs3, was on HTC custom roms previously. Thanks for the rom it's running really nice for me. Most people running the stock rom kernel or custom like yank? One other? Does the red explanation mark top left if the screen on boot matter?

Cheers

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda premium

efattal

Dec 17, 2010
Just rooted my sgs3 today and flashed slim bean. 1st rom for me on the sgs3, was on HTC custom roms previously. Thanks for the rom it's running really nice for me.

Welcome. You can change your signature now. :laugh:

Most people running the stock rom kernel or custom like yank? One other?
Yank's kernel is really nice. I stopped searching another one.

Does the red explanation mark top left if the screen on boot matter?

Which red explanation are you referring to?

Reactions: digimac

slaphead20

Feb 13, 2011
Out there somewhere

Just rooted my sgs3 today and flashed slim bean. 1st rom for me on the sgs3, was on HTC custom roms previously. Thanks for the rom it's running really nice for me. Most people running the stock rom kernel or custom like yank? One other? Does the red explanation mark top left if the screen on boot matter?

Cheers

That just means you are on the latest bootloader, you can revert back to the old one with a cwm zip available over in original dev I think

Eladiko

Apr 9, 2011
I've been trying to install only GenieWidget.apk from extras pack but i cant. im getting an error that application was installed,
i marked install not authorized apps,

what can i do . thanks

Also noticed that in stock browser settings theres no RTL support. Is there any chance to gix that on next update?

digimac

Jul 10, 2010
Edinburgh
www.fusionburn.co.uk

Welcome. You can change your signature now. :laugh:

Yank's kernel is really nice. I stopped searching another one.

Which red explanation are you referring to?

Oops forgot about my sig, just on phone just now lol.

I saw a lot of positive talk about Yank's kernel. Is it worth flashing compared to the stock slim bean one?

I an getting a red explanation mark on the top left of the screen when the phone boots. Only appears on the boot screen when the slim bean logo is there. I think it might be due to the flash counter not being equal to zero. Not sure though

m4psycho

Mar 12, 2008
Oops forgot about my sig, just on phone just now lol.

I saw a lot of positive talk about Yank's kernel. Is it worth flashing compared to the stock slim bean one?

I an getting a red explanation mark on the top left of the screen when the phone boots. Only appears on the boot screen when the slim bean logo is there. I think it might be due to the flash counter not being equal to zero. Not sure though

I was previously on Yank 1.4h and did an overnight deep sleep test, and the battery life was actually a little worse than stock (2-2.5%/hr vs 1.5%/hr stock). Aside from that, I didn't really notice any performance differences. yank lets you customize a lot but I'm not a crazy user like that so I just leave everything as is. Biggest things i'm concerned about are stability and battery life and so far stock has been the best for me. Yank has v1.5 out, so that may or may not be better than before in that regard. You can also check out Siyah's kernel. I've had pretty good success with their kernel too.

str0ppy

Jun 1, 2011
ROM looks good. Think I will flash today.

Coming from a Sammy ROM (Omega) - do I need to format the internal memory? Was planning on keeping it intact so I can restore apps from Titanium Backup straight away.

Thanks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    SlimBeanOP2.png

Disclaimer: We are not responsible for any damages on your device.

Original Slim Features:

1. The Real Dark Slim
    2. Notification drawer Shortcuts
    3. Full hardware key rebinding!
    4. Keyboard rotation
    5. SlimCenter

Check out our full feature list here

Changelog
    Find our latest Changelog go here

Chat with the slim team and other slim users
    • IRC: #slimusers @freenode
    • New to IRC? Don't have a native app? Try the Freenode web client [link] or the Firefox extension Chatzilla [link]
    • Google+ [link]
    • Twitter [link]
    • Facebook [Link]

Installation instructions
    For Most Users
    Please keep in mind if a special instruction is needed it will be noted in the Changelog
    • Download the latest build from [here]
    • Addons ( if you don't have it already) from [here]
    • !Recommended! Full wipe, and manual format /system
    • Flash ROM and the addons you want, reboot

FAQ
    Check out out FAQ before posting! Keeps more common questions answered in one place!

Help us out!
    If you want to help us by translating slim to your language check out Crowdin.net and submite your translations.
    Or consider a donation.

Thanks!
    You can find the full list of credits here

Source
    Please visit here for the rom source code.
    Kernel source can be found here
    You need to register and login before download.;)

^^^Mod edit: And that is precisely why the links are not allowed on XDA - read the rules.

Oops, I posted links before on XDA and never was that a problem... I shall re-read the rules.
    But in the event I cannot find the reason, can you enlighten me with the reason as to why you removed the link.

@
    FinnAndJake
    Search for it on Google!
    http://xdaforums.com/member.php?u=4360078

To the nameless MOD :

Forum rules said:
    11. Don’t post with the intention of selling something.

• Don’t use XDA to advertise your product or service. Proprietors of for-pay products or services, may use XDA to get feedback, provide beta access, or a free version of their product for XDA users and offer support, but not to post with the intention of selling. This includes promoting sites similar/substantially similar to XDA-Developers.com.
    • Do not post press releases, announcements, links to trial software, or commercial services. unless you’re posting an exclusive release for XDA-Developers.com.
    • Encouraging members to participate in forum activities on other phone related sites is prohibited.
    • Off-site downloads are permitted if the site is non-commercial and does not require registration.
    • Off-site downloads from sites requiring registration are NOT encouraged but may be permitted if the following conditions are met:

A) the site belongs to a member of XDA-Developers with at least 1500 posts and 2 years membership who actively maintains XDA-Developers' support thread(s) / posts, related to the download,

B) the site is a relatively small personal website without commercial advertising/links (i.e. not a competitor forum-based site with purposes and aims similar to those of XDA-Developers.com.)

Source

All of those are pretty well met, I think :

• Total Posts: 4,712 (beats the 1500 posts easy)
    • Number of Thanks: 5733 (not related, but shows I'm obviously giving and not taking anything !)
    • Join Date : 18th September 2009 (beats the 2 years membership easy)

Yes I stopped my threads on xda, requested to get my RC status removed, on a, as I still consider, very good reason, and still I continue to give support in various threads here.

All I did was in fact move my threads to my very own (paid by my money I earn working for it) nothing commercial, non ad-filled, forum, where I can moderate my threads as I expect it to be done. I don't get any money out of user registrations, just a little overhead work to remove spambot accounts. I don't even have a Donate link, neither here, nor on my forum, I have always provided everything I do 100% free (to the contrary of others here on xda btw.)

Now you can argue that because of my closing my threads a tiny part of the rules are not met (highlighted in blue), and I won't be able to tell you that you're wrong, but it's pretty much interesting, again, to see how moderation goes about here on xda, sometimes being damn precise, sometimes strangely extremely open minded.

Now I'm curious how it's going to be in this particular case, strict or open minded ?

Sorry for the off-topic, and I won't post about this publicly again in this thread, so if you want to discuss this further, please PM me, but since you publicly modded the post I felt I had at least a shot at 1 public answer.

JP.

PS : Here is the download link to my CM10.1 kernel again.
    Want to help with translation? Look here

http://crowdin.net/projects/slimbean
    Build 5 released. Read changelog and have fun. cheers
    Build 2 coming today! Lots of fixes, a TON of new features, some of which have never been seen in a rom before!!! Get ready!!!!! ;)