[Q][WhatsApp] Notification vibration issue

Search This thread

snnrkn

Jun 8, 2012
İstanbul
I'm using stock ELLA rom with latest siyah kernel. My phone is in "Sound" mode now and "Sound and vibration" option checked in sound settings. WhatsApp notification setting for vibration is set to "system default". My phone doesn't vibrate when i receive a message. If i set my phone to "vibrate" mode via toggle it works fine. Or if i set custom vibration in whatsapp setting it also works.

I know my vibration is not broken. I wiped dalvik cache, factory reset, even with different roms i couldn't get it to work. Btw if i use 23 toggles and activate "Sound&Vibration" it vibrates and play sounds as it should. Is it a samsung framework issue or am i the only one with the problem?

Any solution will be appreciated.

Reactions: hgurbuz78

eXtremeDevil

Jun 19, 2012
Seville
I'm having the exact same issue.

EDIT

Actually now, it vibrates only when he wants. Without touching literally nothing sometimes it vibrates and sometimes doesn't.

Last edited:

eXtremeDevil

Jun 19, 2012
Seville
Lately my WhatsApp wasn't vibrating at all when sound on so I found a temporal solution, which is to install "Sound Manager" and in vibrating settings set all to "whenever possible".

PIRATA!

Dec 6, 2010
Lately my WhatsApp wasn't vibrating at all when sound on so I found a temporal solution, which is to install "Sound Manager" and in vibrating settings set all to "whenever possible".

Is it possible to set this at boot without the need to open "Sound Manager" and in vibrating settings set all to "whenever possible"???
I don't know...maybe some other so that can run this as a task...
Any suggestions??

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-i9300 using TapaTalk2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm using stock ELLA rom with latest siyah kernel. My phone is in "Sound" mode now and "Sound and vibration" option checked in sound settings. WhatsApp notification setting for vibration is set to "system default". My phone doesn't vibrate when i receive a message. If i set my phone to "vibrate" mode via toggle it works fine. Or if i set custom vibration in whatsapp setting it also works.

I know my vibration is not broken. I wiped dalvik cache, factory reset, even with different roms i couldn't get it to work. Btw if i use 23 toggles and activate "Sound&Vibration" it vibrates and play sounds as it should. Is it a samsung framework issue or am i the only one with the problem?

Any solution will be appreciated.