[Q] Headphones not working

Search This thread

Zexter21

Aug 31, 2013
When i insert headphone jack into the connector of phone, it doesn't works. I tried plugging and unplugging many times, still doesn't works even cleaned the jack connector from inside. Does anyone have this kind of problem?

mucha0192

Feb 10, 2015
Hi I've got the same problem.
My headphones (brainwavz m1) aren't working with my phone. I'm running official firmware 15.4.A.1.9. The official sony headphones which i've got with package works without problem. I have this problem since previous update (about 10 june 2014 i think) i thought that it's software bug, and i had hope that they will fix it with next system update, but i was wrong. I restored fabric settings and it was fine for about 1 hour after that time the problem is still occurring.
Any ideas how to fix it? i'm thinking that's a system bug but i'm totaly green in this topic.

Fr@

Feb 4, 2009
Rome
Same problem here.
Up until I was sticking with the original ROM (4.1) everything was fine and every headset worked (with/without mic, no matter the brand).

Now on 5.0 (Cyanogen) and only headsets with mic are working (again, no matter the brand).

It has to be a SW problem, but I have no idea where to start. Someone willing to investigate / explain?

F

SamiS7

Apr 28, 2015
London
When i insert headphone jack into the connector of phone, it doesn't works. I tried plugging and unplugging many times, still doesn't works even cleaned the jack connector from inside. Does anyone have this kind of problem?

Hey, I had a similar problem when first purchasing the phone. Some cables (CTIA) are not compatible therefore wont provide any sort of audio. Try to use headphones that work with the device (Sony ones will work).

Hope this helps :D