[Q] Need help recovering my S3 -- TWRP ADB Sideload not working

Search This thread

cjmcsw87

Apr 29, 2013
West Union
Oh, you're using hyperdrive...not good..OK, let start give this a try, you do have the latest twrp right? if you do let wipe cache/dalvik cache/data/system/ and format sd. then install carbon.

yeah this rom is borked BAD. I had to dirty flash it over itself like 5x just to get it to work to begin with.
I am on the latest twrp.
format /data worked, and I have a OS again.

I have done a wipe of dalvik, system, data, internal storage, and cache + format /data and still get the errors.
I've done all the above probably 10-15 times in the last 48 hrs. the only progress I've made is I got the MF1 radio installed from internal sd after placing the newer version of update-binary in it, and re-zipping it.

I installed PhilZ recovery (latest version) the night before last and got errors from there on out. I've flashed back to twrp via recovery, odin, and goo.im since. (I tried a couple different versions between 2.5.x and now back to 2.6.3.1)

Edit: I've also put the newer update-binary in the carbon, pac, and gapps zips but still nothing. Tried flashing from internal and external.

Last edited:

buhohitr

Nov 30, 2011
yeah this rom is borked BAD. I had to dirty flash it over itself like 5x just to get it to work to begin with.
I am on the latest twrp.
format /data worked, and I have a OS again.

I have done a wipe of dalvik, system, data, internal storage, and cache + format /data and still get the errors.
I've done all the above probably 10-15 times in the last 48 hrs. the only progress I've made is I got the MF1 radio installed from internal sd after placing the newer version of update-binary in it, and re-zipping it.

I installed PhilZ recovery (latest version) the night before last and got errors from there on out. I've flashed back to twrp via recovery, odin, and goo.im since. (I tried a couple different versions between 2.5.x and now back to 2.6.3.1)

Any more issue??

cjmcsw87

Apr 29, 2013
West Union
Last edited:

SlimSnoopOS

Jan 29, 2011
I'll give it another shot real quick..

---------- Post added at 01:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:33 AM ----------

error executing updater binary

I appreciate the advice thank you. I'm going to call it a night though I'll try something else tomorrow maybe a old 4.2backup and see if its just a 4.3 issue with me.

Would you mind posting the file names of each rom zip that you attempted to flash but failed?

Edit: Do you have the same issue when using the latest CWM?

Edit 2: I see in the below thread that you're flashed to PagePlus which you have not mentioned in this thread that I'm writing in. Would that have any bearing on your flashing issues? Since the rom is for d2vzw and you're on another carrier, wouldn't your build.prop be causing this? Does your build.prop say Verizon or d2vzw for ro.product.name or ro.product.device?

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2605733

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

Last edited:

cjmcsw87

Apr 29, 2013
West Union
Would you mind posting the file names of each rom zip that you attempted to flash but failed?

Edit 2: I see in the below thread that you're flashed to PagePlus which you have not mentioned in this thread that I'm writing in. Would that have any bearing on your flashing issues? Since the rom is for d2vzw and you're on another carrier, wouldn't your build.prop be causing this? Does your build.prop say Verizon or d2vzw for ro.product.name or ro.product.device?

Sure. Files are : CARBON-JB-NIGHTLY-20131117-0726-d2vzw.zip , pac_d2vzw-nightly-20131231.zip , d2vzw_VRBMF1_firmware.zip (flashed successfully from internal memory with new update-binary file) , CARBON-JB-NIGHTLY-20131027-0812-d2vzw.zip , gapps-jb-20130813-signed.zip

ro.product.model=SCH-I535
ro.product.brand=Verizon
ro.product.name=d2vzw
ro.product.device=d2vzw

if you want i can email you the recovery log, it's not letting me upload on here though.

---------- Post added at 01:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:36 PM ----------

I haven't tried the latest CWM I try to stay away from cwm if I can. I figured if PhilZ didn't work it probably wouldn't either.

cjmcsw87

Apr 29, 2013
West Union

tried flashing with the latest cwm touch and it also didn't work.

loading transferring zips to internal memory now and i'll give that a shot.

I also was unable to flash carbon 1.8 (4.2.2) so I'm not sure whats going on. I may need to Odin a complete MF1 img and unlock/root/recovery and start fresh I guess. I really hope it doesn't interfere with my PagePlus flash

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Are you both on TWRP 2.6.3.1?

I am now. And it fixed my issues. It wasn't exactly broadcasted anywhere and the methods I was using to get my phone up to date with custom recovery and such put a max of TWRP 2.6.0.0 on my phone. I had to go find the VZW TWRP 2.6.3.1 and flash it with Odin to get passed the error.

Thanks to everyone in this thread (and the Gummy thread), my phone is recovered and running Gummy Nightly 1-6-14.

Thank you so much.