very bad battery drain on 4.1.2

Search This thread

HUYI

Dec 23, 2010
it's been causing me a problem in the past few days, my phone would be fully charged i leave my phone on the side overnight and i wake up in the morning and my phone is completely dead.

i checked the battery status in the settings menu, and saw that the samsung syncadapters was consuming 49% of the battery (there is two red dips in the graph where the extreme battery drain occurred), i disabled all samsung syncadapters processes in TB but the battery drain is still happening and the samsung syncadapters is still working and draining the battery, not sure what else to do atm, i've exhausted google for a answer to no avail and the only thing i can think of is to flash the latest stock 4.1.2 firmware (BTU-N7100XXDME6) and see if that will improve things.

hopefully someone can provide some answer or else i'm just going to go ahead and flash the firmware.

CMNII

Apr 12, 2014
Cairo
it's been causing me a problem in the past few days, my phone would be fully charged i leave my phone on the side overnight and i wake up in the morning and my phone is completely dead.

i checked the battery status in the settings menu, and saw that the samsung syncadapters was consuming 49% of the battery (there is two red dips in the graph where the extreme battery drain occurred), i disabled all samsung syncadapters processes in TB but the battery drain is still happening and the samsung syncadapters is still working and draining the battery, not sure what else to do atm, i've exhausted google for a answer to no avail and the only thing i can think of is to flash the latest stock 4.1.2 firmware (BTU-N7100XXDME6) and see if that will improve things.

hopefully someone can provide some answer or else i'm just going to go ahead and flash the firmware.

Seems like you're familiar with flashing, anyway I recommend flashing to the latest firmware available (4.3), as it's available for all locations pick your location from here.
If you aren't familiar with flashing ROMs, feel free to ask for instructions. :good:

HUYI

Dec 23, 2010
thanks for the reply, but i wish to stay on jellybean for numerous reasons.

but anyways i've disabled cloud sync and a few other syncing options in the settings, i'm leaving the phone to charge now after leaving the battery out for a couple of hours and see how the battery goes, if no improvements, i'm going to flash the firmware mentioned above.

CMNII

Apr 12, 2014
Cairo
Well the firmware I mentioned above is 4.3 (Jelly Bean) and it's unmodified provided as it is from Samsung/Carriers servers, you won't lose anything. :good:

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda app-developers app