My phone just stopped working(turning on)..

Search This thread

magicalan

Jan 18, 2008
Google Pixel 6 Pro
well...this kinda ruined my night yesterday...I went to a concert yesterday around 8 and my phone had 70% and I was checking facebook or something like that and without no notification or warning it froze and turned off on me. I figured it was a normal freeze..and I attempted to turn it back on and nothing happened. Went to my car to try to charge it and nothing. Not even a charging light. A day has passed after the concert was over (could not take pictures, thanks htc..) and now the "dead battery symbol" comes up and the orange light keeps BLINKING..to my understanding it means that it is not charging? What could it be..anybody could help me out .maybe a soft reset? no charging it for a couple of minutes? :(

Anything would help. Thanks..:crying:

sslbaron

Nov 18, 2010
Powder Springs, GA
Mine froze up on me last week during a power cycle. I had to hold the power button about 2 mins (if not longer) before it finally responded and rebooted. I was getting my coat to take it back to the store, holding the power button the entire time, then bang, the white screen with the HTC logo finally appeared.
Not a good feeling ?

Sent from my 831C using xda app-developers app

Sloth

Inactive RC / Retired Forum Moderator
Apr 23, 2012
Xda-Dev,NV
Also try holding power and both volume buttons.
I had a random freeze up and that was the only thing that worked...could have been a fluke but it's worth a shot.

bimmerbot

Nov 21, 2008
Also try holding power and both volume buttons.
I had a random freeze up and that was the only thing that worked...could have been a fluke but it's worth a shot.

You should be able to hard reset (not factory reset) with just power and volume up, hold for 15 secs. That's how I got out of a broken recovery screen.

Sloth

Inactive RC / Retired Forum Moderator
Apr 23, 2012
Xda-Dev,NV
You should be able to hard reset (not factory reset) with just power and volume up, hold for 15 secs. That's how I got out of a broken recovery screen.

Trust me I tried every combination of buttons I could think of lol.
I actually thought it bricked, took me like 5 minutes before it finally booted to bootloader.