[Q]Help! Soft-bricked NEXUS 5. Needs access to internal storage

Search This thread

lgm

Feb 28, 2007
Hi everyone,

I was on 4.4.2 and wanted to update to 4.4.3. Since I installed Xposed and the OTA package wouldn't install even after I uninstalled the framework, I opted for the factory image. I used the flash_all script that came with the image file and now my phone is stuck at the dancing colors.

Now I think I can probably get the phone to work again is I do a factory reset but I don't want to lose the file on the internal sdcard.

Is there anyway to backup the files on the internal storage?

I've tried ADB but it doesn't list my device either in bootloader or with the phone off or stuck at the dancing colors.

ADB does list my device in recovery mode with the "apply update from ADB" option, but I can't do a adb pull from there. It says:

error: closed.

Any idea?

OR a method to solve the soft-brick situation without wipe the files on /sdcard would work as well.

Thank you.

Last edited:

Primokorn

Nov 17, 2012
OnePlus 8 Pro
Hi everyone,

I was on 4.4.2 and wanted to update to 4.4.3. Since I installed Xposed and the OTA package wouldn't install even after I uninstalled the framework, I opted for the factory image. I used the flash_all script that came with the image file and now my phone is stuck at the dancing colors.

Now I think I can probably get the phone to work again is I do a factory reset but I don't want to lose the file on the internal sdcard.

Is there anyway to backup the files on the internal storage?

I've tried ADB but it doesn't list my device either in bootloader or with the phone off or stuck at the dancing colors.

ADB does list my device in recovery mode with the "apply update from ADB" option, but I can't do a adb pull from there. It says:

error: closed.

Any idea?
You have lost your internal data after using the factory images...

lgm

Feb 28, 2007
You have lost your internal data after using the factory images...

I did? The command in the flash script is
Code:
fastboot.exe -w update image-hammerhead-ktu84m.zip

and from what i can tell from the output it didn't flash userdata.img

Would that mean my files on the internal /sdcard is still in tact?

fxdil

Jun 3, 2014
I did? The command in the flash script is
Code:
fastboot.exe -w update image-hammerhead-ktu84m.zip

and from what i can tell from the output it didn't flash userdata.img

Would that mean my files on the internal /sdcard is still in tact?

You need to remove "-w" if you didn't want it to flash your data. Everything's gone now dude..