[MOD] Aroma | UV | 09-Jan | New dualcore configuration of 1.1/1.2-abov bricked kernel

Search This thread

iba21

Jul 1, 2010
Venice
Read new informations in installation guide

IF YOU HAVE REBOOTS WHEN YOU ARE USING THE PHONE, IT'S BECAUSE YOU SET A UV TOO AGGRESSIVE, SO, YOUR CPU CAN'T BE STABLE. CHOSE A LOWER UNDERVOLTAGE

IF YOU WANT TO KNOW HOW VOLTAGE CAN REACH YOUR CPU, START STABILITY TEST (DOWNLODABLE FROM MARKET) AND USE IT FOR ABOUT 10 MINUTES, IF PHONE REBOOTS IN THAT TIME, THAT VOLTAGE IS TOO LESS FOR A STABLE CHIP

NOT ALL CHIP ARE THE SAME, IF YOU HAVE A LUCKY CHIP, YOU CAN REACH A LOWER VOLTAGE (AS MINE)

Ok Guyz, since show creates the badass governor, i'd want to use it for a better one multicore configurtion

What's the advantages of multicore sistem?
Symply, more parallelization means more performance per second, as i can say, 2 core can compile at last the double quantity of threads than 1, so, 1 core at double frequency can't compile the same number of thread, but it do it faster..

ex..

if you have 2 thread (impossibile), 1 audo and 1 video, a single core @ 2ghz compile firstly the audio, than the video.. the dualcore architecture can compile on core0 the audio and on core1 the video!! this is the powerfully of multicore system.

Ok, since i say it, i create a MOD witch TRY to use this logically.. this MOD uses the limitate frequency of the badass governor, that's why, with ondemand, all of 2 core goes at maxFreq too fast, now, with this badass, the system will not grow up the first limitate frequency until the single core uses more than that frequency.. so.. we can limitate the "ondemand" issue in 3 freq phases..

thus, the actual MOD configuration is it:
SCREEN ON:

- dualcore with all cores TURNED ON (hope you understand now :D)
- governor badass for all of 2 cores
- min freq at 384mhz for all of 2 cores
- max freq at 1.566ghz for all of 2 cores
- first phase freq at 810mhz for bla bla bla
- second phase freq at 1.188ghz for bla bla bla
- third phase freq at 1.566ghz (is the maxfreq)

SCREEN OFF:

- only core0 is TURNED ON
- governor conservative
- minfreq 192mhz
- maxfreq 540mhz
Badass governor has the same configuration as last show's ondemand governor

So, now, with this MOD we have a pure functional dualcore with the advantages of multicore system, with limitate frequency. The stock situation is 384-810mhz, if the single core (is the same, qualcomm uses asyncronic frequency) needs more than 810mhz, it increases the max freq to 1.188ghz (the sensation original frequency), if 1.188 isn't sufficently, it increeses at 1.566
remember, qualcomm has asyncronic frequency, so, one core can be run at 1.56ghz, the other at minimum mhz.. ;)
INSTALLATION:

-) flash a kernel witch has badass governor (i advise bricked 1.1) with NO GPU OC and what governor you want, the same for the frequency, mod autochanges those, chose what scheduler you prefer.
1) Flash MOD zip file by recovery
2) Select what MOD YOU want ;)
3) Reboot. :D
#) You have to reinstall at every Rom Upgrade

# If you want only the UV, select Remove in mod choseing (it's the same as no installing it); you can use the UV mod with all kernels, and all governors
# If you come from V2.0 to 3.0, go to recovery, wipe, format system partition, after that, reinstall rom, reinstall bricked kernel (if it hasn't), reinstall other mods (like battery %), install my mod, reboot.. You will not loose your data

# ONDEMAND VERSION IS NOT FOR GOOD BATTERY CONSUPTION, IF YOU HAVE HUGE BATTERYDRAIN (IT'S WHAT YOU'LL HAVE) INSTALL THE BADASS - BOOST+BOOST VERSION.

DISINSTALLATION:

1) Boot in recovery, flash the Mod
2) Select Remove
3) Reboot
:eek:
Code:
bricked 1.2 -above
V 11.9

> Fixed Screenoff chose
> Changed DEFAULT first phase for better reactive with less power usage
> Other minor changes

###
Added Version for AOSP kernel (NoSense)

V 11.8

> Changed some settings

V 11.7

> Changed some settings for a better fluidity

V 11.6

> Added Remove chose
> Fixed an installation issue of the Aroma

V 11.5

> Added possibility to know if MOD is working, you have to give a cycle on/off of the screen, after that, if it works, you will find a new file in home of sdcard!

V 11

> Changed configuration for less battery drain

V 10.5

>  Tweaked badass experience for better battery life (only with bricked kernel 1.4)

V 10.1

>  Tweaked screen off conservative

V 10.0

>> BIG RELEASE
>  Added possibility to chose frequency
>  Added possibility to chose screen off governor

V 1.01

> Fixed freq values in Aroma installer

V 1.0

> Initial Release
;)

FAQ in second post

Attachments

• MOD_Sensation_Dualcore_Badass_Tweaks_by_Iba21_V11.9.zip
    4 MB · Views: 1,365
  • MOD_Sensation_Dualcore_Badass_Tweaks_by_Iba21_V11.9(NOSENSE-AOSP).zip
    4 MB · Views: 345
Last edited:

iba21

Jul 1, 2010
Venice

• Witch version could you chose?
The versions of the mod are two:
T
he 3.7 is the older, it's for the bricked 1.1 version AND for other kernels (don't know if all rom will boot up with my mod, some has issues)
The version 10 and above are for bricked 1.36 and 1.40
  • What setting could you use?
You can intall what you want, i create those (expecially the 10 versions) witch has the possibilities to be changed as users experience.
I advice to use default settings if you don't know how change, but, you should try to, it will not brick your phone, in fact, you could find a new setting could it be better for your use.
So, try try try

One EX:

If you want a faster phone, grow up the minfreq to 300-400mhz, grow up the first phase at 1.2ghz, put the second to 1.2 or more, and change the maxfreq as you would, OC too.

If you want a better battery experience, decrese minfreq, the first and second phase, decrese the maxfreq too, maybe, with this settings: 192 - 648 - 1020 - 1180 mhz

If you want the lowest battery experience, try with this setting: 192 - 648 - 1020 - 1020 mhz

Be careful, you could have some lags if you chose the lower setting, but, for ex, if you don't play, you can chose a setting as like, 192 - 810 - 1020 - 1180 mhz

So, you have to install, select one setting with you think it's ok, try, if you have lags in some situation, grow up some setting, an re-try til you find your best settages. I don't have your use, so, i don't know if you could have a good esperience with my setting.
  • How to see if mod is working?
If you have the version 10 or above, you will find a new file in SD card, it calls IBA21ModWorking. if you don't find that, turn on the screen, wait 5 seconds, turn on, refresh the explorer app, and try to see if there is.
If you have the 3.7v you have to download and install system tuner, and see if all cores are turned on.
  • Why my phone doesen't boot after apply the mod?
Not al roms has the same quality, some doesen't have some little features; my mod uses a whyle cicle witch chages settings from screen-on use to screen-off (standby). If phone doesen't boot up, rom doesen't have the possibility to use the cycles in the script, so, script is unusefull.
  • Do you need to delete or wipe the rom at every upgrade?
ABSOLUTELY NO, mod auto removes the old script and changes that with the newer one, so, YOU DON'T NEED TO DO ANYTHING, ONLY FLASH THE UPGRADE OR THE NEW SETTINGS WITCH YOU ARE CHANING!
enjoy my work and, press a lot of thanks buttons! :d​

Last edited:

framir

Dec 8, 2008
Pineto
Very very good, the system is smooth and stable, I've only a lag after reboot, and sometimes when start synchronization...
Good work! :)

remus82

Oct 9, 2011
Hi nice script. Must the CPU values be truly stock ? Could it take something like 384-1566?

Sent from my Sensation running HyperNonsense v2.3

D-SHEL

Jun 19, 2010
Kazan, Rybnaya Sloboda
Looks awesome ;)
Noticed bug appears after every reboot?
How to change second phase to 810-1134 and delete third phase? Or I don't need it :D
And soo.. It's fully better than original badass?

Reactions: tessut

iba21

Jul 1, 2010
Venice
Looks awesome ;)
How to change second phase to 810-1134 and delete third phase? Or I don't need it :D
And soo.. It's fully better than original badass?

You don't need to delete it since system uses third phase (1.2 to 1.5) only in heavy games and web browsing+flash player.. in web usage cores goes to 1.2 max ;)

Btw.. third phase is the maxfreq governor.. i can change it by script if you want to try

Last edited:

iba21

Jul 1, 2010
Venice
Take.. flash it as you would.. you can come back with stock script ;)

For who doesen't understand.. the phase limis is a real limit.. since system needs more performance, system use the lower limit.. as i can see in my use:

For home scrolling 1 core goes to 1.2ghz, the other is at 192mhz (low power consuption)
For notice bar scrolling 1 or 2 cores goes to 810mhz, it depends on other app.. 1 core at 810mhz can calculate the notify bar ;)
For chrome beta browsing.. in web rendering ( page loading) all of 2 cores goes to 1.2ghz, after that, core goes to 192-810 since heavy scrolls, heavy zoom, or animations in the web page (in google page cores goes to 192mhz ;) )
For browser + flash player, 2 cores are uset at 100% at 1.56ghz since it comes down.. after that.. system uses 192-810.. sometimes only one core goes to 192-1.2
In games core i dont know why i dont play games :D

So.. the third pase is only a turbo boost, it's used only when system needs more and more power.. the phase is a real limit..
For example.. you have a stock 192-810.. when system needs more than 100% (810mhz) badass grow up the frequency to second phase.. it's the same for third phase.. so.. if system doesen't need more power, badass doesen't grow up the cpu frequency..

In my test i see.. ondemand tweaked + core1 off at my usage has a cpu temperature at about 55degrees C.. with badass, 47 ;)
So.. lower tenperature.. lower power consuption! ;)

Sure.. ondemand has a faster one response.. since it grow up frequency every time, for low needs too..

you couldn't have performance plus heavy power..

The "busg" is too.. until system needs more than phase freq, it doesent grow up, so, when there's the necessity of more freq, upgrading is slower than ondemand, and it creates a little lag..
On boot, don't know why but.. only one core is turned on.. it's a system fault of reading script.. if you turn off screen, and turn on, it returns at normally ;) (so.. needs an off-on cicle)

Last edited:

D-SHEL

Jun 19, 2010
Kazan, Rybnaya Sloboda
You don't need to delete it since system uses third phase (1.2 to 1.5) only in heavy games and web browsing+flash player.. in web usage cores goes to 1.2 max ;)

Btw.. third phase is the maxfreq governor.. i can change it by script if you want to try

Thanks! Maybe really don't need this :)

"69force192-1188.zip"
As I can see, this is version without third phase?

Last edited:

iba21

Jul 1, 2010
Venice
nope.. it's not a developement app.. those are some settages..

if you load the script, and delete it, the settages has been changed..

when you turn on display

screen ON:
- dualcore able
- min freq at 192mhz for all of 2 cores

when you turn off

screen OFF:
- only core0 able
- governor conservative
- minfreq 192mhz
- maxfreq 540mhz

it changes that values at every turn on-off of the display.. only 1 time.. so.. if you load the script, and delete it, at display turning off, the script doesen't change the values, and, you will not have the "screen off" setting, so, you'll have the stock badass, so, more power consuption

i repeat, my script is only a numerical setting, it's not a kernel, it changes only the superficially values of the kernel, after that, is the kernel governor the real fault of frequency changing ;)

sure.. with my script you have that 2 configuration.. and.. if you see.. conservative in standby means low power consuption ;) (from 20 to 70ma in standby, depends on the system performance needed)

remus82

Oct 9, 2011
Is step 6 necessary? I don't have that function in root explorer :(

iba21

Jul 1, 2010
Venice
Is step 6 necessary? I don't have that function in root explorer :(

it's not obbligatory.. but.. you have it.. long press.. OPEN WITH -> LINUX script (it's the third link from top)

http://i.imgur.com/BbeS0.png

Or you can reboot 2 times.. in first run script changes the name of the file witch turn on the second core.. the mpdecision.. so.. or you do a first manually run.. or you do a first reboot.. script changes the name, but the mpdecision script is already loaded.. second reboot use only my script

Last edited:
Reactions: remus82

remus82

Oct 9, 2011
Thanks! Will report back after a day of use!

remus82

Oct 9, 2011
Edit: solved.

Last edited:

remus82

Oct 9, 2011
Iba I notice that media scanner takes extremely long to complete after applying the script. Is it possible to use badass or on demand as screen off governor?:)

iba21

Jul 1, 2010
Venice
Sure.. but you loose the advantages of low power consuption..

What is media scanner? How many mhz does it needs?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Read new informations in installation guide

IF YOU HAVE REBOOTS WHEN YOU ARE USING THE PHONE, IT'S BECAUSE YOU SET A UV TOO AGGRESSIVE, SO, YOUR CPU CAN'T BE STABLE. CHOSE A LOWER UNDERVOLTAGE

IF YOU WANT TO KNOW HOW VOLTAGE CAN REACH YOUR CPU, START STABILITY TEST (DOWNLODABLE FROM MARKET) AND USE IT FOR ABOUT 10 MINUTES, IF PHONE REBOOTS IN THAT TIME, THAT VOLTAGE IS TOO LESS FOR A STABLE CHIP

NOT ALL CHIP ARE THE SAME, IF YOU HAVE A LUCKY CHIP, YOU CAN REACH A LOWER VOLTAGE (AS MINE)

Ok Guyz, since show creates the badass governor, i'd want to use it for a better one multicore configurtion

What's the advantages of multicore sistem?
    Symply, more parallelization means more performance per second, as i can say, 2 core can compile at last the double quantity of threads than 1, so, 1 core at double frequency can't compile the same number of thread, but it do it faster..

ex..

if you have 2 thread (impossibile), 1 audo and 1 video, a single core @ 2ghz compile firstly the audio, than the video.. the dualcore architecture can compile on core0 the audio and on core1 the video!! this is the powerfully of multicore system.

Ok, since i say it, i create a MOD witch TRY to use this logically.. this MOD uses the limitate frequency of the badass governor, that's why, with ondemand, all of 2 core goes at maxFreq too fast, now, with this badass, the system will not grow up the first limitate frequency until the single core uses more than that frequency.. so.. we can limitate the "ondemand" issue in 3 freq phases..

thus, the actual MOD configuration is it:
    SCREEN ON:

- dualcore with all cores TURNED ON (hope you understand now :D)
    - min freq at 384mhz for all of 2 cores

SCREEN OFF:

- only core0 is TURNED ON
    - governor conservative
    - minfreq 192mhz
    - maxfreq 540mhz
    Badass governor has the same configuration as last show's ondemand governor

So, now, with this MOD we have a pure functional dualcore with the advantages of multicore system, with limitate frequency. The stock situation is 384-810mhz, if the single core (is the same, qualcomm uses asyncronic frequency) needs more than 810mhz, it increases the max freq to 1.188ghz (the sensation original frequency), if 1.188 isn't sufficently, it increeses at 1.566
    remember, qualcomm has asyncronic frequency, so, one core can be run at 1.56ghz, the other at minimum mhz.. ;)
    INSTALLATION:

-) flash a kernel witch has badass governor (i advise bricked 1.1) with NO GPU OC and what governor you want, the same for the frequency, mod autochanges those, chose what scheduler you prefer.
    1) Flash MOD zip file by recovery
    2) Select what MOD YOU want ;)
    3) Reboot. :D
    #) You have to reinstall at every Rom Upgrade

# If you want only the UV, select Remove in mod choseing (it's the same as no installing it); you can use the UV mod with all kernels, and all governors
    # If you come from V2.0 to 3.0, go to recovery, wipe, format system partition, after that, reinstall rom, reinstall bricked kernel (if it hasn't), reinstall other mods (like battery %), install my mod, reboot.. You will not loose your data

# ONDEMAND VERSION IS NOT FOR GOOD BATTERY CONSUPTION, IF YOU HAVE HUGE BATTERYDRAIN (IT'S WHAT YOU'LL HAVE) INSTALL THE BADASS - BOOST+BOOST VERSION.

DISINSTALLATION:

1) Boot in recovery, flash the Mod
    2) Select Remove
    3) Reboot
    :eek:
    Code:
    bricked 1.2 -above
    V 11.9

> Fixed Screenoff chose
    > Changed DEFAULT first phase for better reactive with less power usage
    > Other minor changes

###
    Added Version for AOSP kernel (NoSense)

V 11.8

> Changed some settings

V 11.7

> Changed some settings for a better fluidity

V 11.6

> Added Remove chose
    > Fixed an installation issue of the Aroma

V 11.5

> Added possibility to know if MOD is working, you have to give a cycle on/off of the screen, after that, if it works, you will find a new file in home of sdcard!

V 11

> Changed configuration for less battery drain

V 10.5

>  Tweaked badass experience for better battery life (only with bricked kernel 1.4)

V 10.1

>  Tweaked screen off conservative

V 10.0

>> BIG RELEASE
    >  Added possibility to chose frequency
    >  Added possibility to chose screen off governor

V 1.01

> Fixed freq values in Aroma installer

V 1.0

> Initial Release
    ;)

FAQ in second post

• Witch version could you chose?
    The versions of the mod are two:
    T
    he 3.7 is the older, it's for the bricked 1.1 version AND for other kernels (don't know if all rom will boot up with my mod, some has issues)
    The version 10 and above are for bricked 1.36 and 1.40
    • What setting could you use?
    You can intall what you want, i create those (expecially the 10 versions) witch has the possibilities to be changed as users experience.
    I advice to use default settings if you don't know how change, but, you should try to, it will not brick your phone, in fact, you could find a new setting could it be better for your use.
    So, try try try

One EX:

If you want a faster phone, grow up the minfreq to 300-400mhz, grow up the first phase at 1.2ghz, put the second to 1.2 or more, and change the maxfreq as you would, OC too.

If you want a better battery experience, decrese minfreq, the first and second phase, decrese the maxfreq too, maybe, with this settings: 192 - 648 - 1020 - 1180 mhz

If you want the lowest battery experience, try with this setting: 192 - 648 - 1020 - 1020 mhz

Be careful, you could have some lags if you chose the lower setting, but, for ex, if you don't play, you can chose a setting as like, 192 - 810 - 1020 - 1180 mhz

So, you have to install, select one setting with you think it's ok, try, if you have lags in some situation, grow up some setting, an re-try til you find your best settages. I don't have your use, so, i don't know if you could have a good esperience with my setting.
    • How to see if mod is working?
    If you have the version 10 or above, you will find a new file in SD card, it calls IBA21ModWorking. if you don't find that, turn on the screen, wait 5 seconds, turn on, refresh the explorer app, and try to see if there is.
    If you have the 3.7v you have to download and install system tuner, and see if all cores are turned on.
    • Why my phone doesen't boot after apply the mod?
    Not al roms has the same quality, some doesen't have some little features; my mod uses a whyle cicle witch chages settings from screen-on use to screen-off (standby). If phone doesen't boot up, rom doesen't have the possibility to use the cycles in the script, so, script is unusefull.
    • Do you need to delete or wipe the rom at every upgrade?
    ABSOLUTELY NO, mod auto removes the old script and changes that with the newer one, so, YOU DON'T NEED TO DO ANYTHING, ONLY FLASH THE UPGRADE OR THE NEW SETTINGS WITCH YOU ARE CHANING!
    enjoy my work and, press a lot of thanks buttons! :d​
    350+ download and 10 thanks.. :(

:p
    upgraded on OP page to V 11.7

changed some settings witch increase the fluidity of the system (with the same power consuption) :D

enjoy, and say many thanks!
    ok, do some easy fix.. now i suppouse it all works good..

to install from other version, please, first time, flash the 3.6, select remove mod and remove uv, reboot, after fist bootup, reboot in recovery and flash the mod