Just bought a iRola DX752 7" tablet

Search This thread

eCottage

Nov 25, 2013
I want to build a android 4.4 kernel for my iRola DX752 7" tablet (formerly known as a Kocasco M752) using Eclipse ADT etc. but I am practically a newbee at this. I figure if I brick it I am only out $50. It currently runs Android 4.2.2 with system updates that I can't count on bringing me up to more current releases, and it runs a Rockchip RK2926 Cortex-A9 CPU with 512MB RAM, 2GB internal SD and a 16GB external SD card.

I have rooted a smart phone without bricking it, but that was with a couple three premade kernels to update with and can not find any for this make or model tablet.

erickr13

Sep 17, 2013
Bronx, NY
Tablet

Well my friend.. I can help you with that but just a single question.. Is the tablet good? No problems at all? If is good I will buy and we can make even ROMs together...

Just tell me if the tablet is good and what problems you encountered using it.:highfive:

E

egomez7737

irola

Let me know if you make a ROM. I want to buy this tablet but it seems like it lags and its slow on the stock 4.2.2 ROM.

blong78

Apr 29, 2012
Very nice tablet

I purchased two for my kids and one came in the other day. I am very surprised about how well it is made. It doesn't feel like a cheap tablet. I would also be interested in a custom rom for this as well.

lexena

Mar 13, 2011
I purchased two for my kids and one came in the other day. I am very surprised about how well it is made. It doesn't feel like a cheap tablet. I would also be interested in a custom rom for this as well.

I ordered one for my daughter for Christmas. It is still in it's original packaging and I was lurking here to see if anyone had ideas for rooting it. From the specs it seems to have decent hardware so I am confident that it should perform well even though we haven't tried it out yet. I gave her one of my older Viewsonic tablets that's rooted and with a custom ROM. I may buy another one of these iRola tablets if I like the core stock install and then I will join you in creating some root magic for it.. :angel:

sirbonesalot

Dec 14, 2013
im trying to install windows 8

Well my friend.. I can help you with that but just a single question.. Is the tablet good? No problems at all? If is good I will buy and we can make even ROMs together...

Just tell me if the tablet is good and what problems you encountered using it.:highfive:

If you are seriously thinking of rooting this hit me up we can work together. That makes 3 of us working on it. I was trying to hack it to install windows 8.

outerpip

Jul 21, 2008
Kansas City
Did anyone get anywhere with this tablet? Mine came in this morning. It's a little sluggish, but I have decent hopes for it.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using xda app-developers app

siranodos

Dec 17, 2013
I just got one of these

I just got one of these for my daughter, but it has the Jellybean that has trouble with Wifi... it won't connect to my home Wifi router at all, and drops the connection regularly at work.

So, I want to get a different version of Android on this thing. Has anyone succeeded yet?

I doubt it's the hardware, as I have friends who had the same problem on their phones until they upgraded their version of Android.

outerpip

Jul 21, 2008
Kansas City
I'm unfamiliar with development, but would also be happy to test. From what I can tell, this thing has a memory issue. We need to get something lighter on it.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using xda app-developers app

dysolv

Aug 8, 2011
North Carolina
Put me on the list of people curious about development for this device. Just picked one up as a gift for a my sister and agree it seems a little more sluggish than I thought it would. Also the screen resolution is kind of poor and was hoping that maybe changing the DPI could help if it were rooted.

sirbonesalot

Dec 14, 2013
i haven't received mine

I order mine back on Nov 22, I haven't received it. I've been itching to root this. Ugh come on N MR send me my tablet. Has anyone have problems with NMR shipping before. ????

Aug 25, 2011
Temecula
Just got mine. It's so sluggish...

I don't understand how, even after a factory reset, this thing is ridiculously slow. I have googled and googled but I can't find any information on how to root this device or even if it's possible yet. I really wanna downgrade the software to something it's more comfortable running. Maybe 4.0.4?

veladem

Feb 28, 2011
Sacramento
If you haven't received your tablet I implor that you contact NMR ASAP. They didn't send my fiances mothers 3 irola 7" tablets ordered later Nov. until yesterday Dec. 23.

I will also be working on this tablet as I just got it as a present from her :) So make that 4.

Last edited:

misterwimbly

Sep 28, 2011
I also just bought this tablet (irola dx752) running android 4.2.2. I have never had a tablet before but it does not seem slow or laggy. I am familiar with linux (someone asked that earlier in this thread) and I am interested in getting into android development. Also happy to test (not intending to brick of course).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here is the rooting files and step by step instructions.

1. Go to settings>apps>media storage (disable the apk)
    2. download / extract the files here http://d-h.st/zKc Not my files but I renamed the root .bat file so it will run.
    (install the drivers if they haven't been installed yet. run ADB thru command prompt)
    to run adb right click on command prompt and "run as admin"
    type without quotes "cd (file location on adb)" hit enter

IE.....cd C:\Users\bryan\Desktop\files\JXD S18 (enter)

3. next with your iRola turned on plug into the USB port. (make sure USB Debugging is turned on) Settings>developer options>USB Debugging.
    You will see the tablet connect with Android USB drivers and green USB symbol for Windows.
    4. with the command prompt still up type without quotes "rootme"
    5. it will run automatically and if it is successful will reboot you tablet.
    6. after reboot open SuperSU app and update the binary files.
    7. Profit??? lol

iRola root files : http://d-h.st/zKc
    MD5 SUM : a514e47df8e46c18cf43ba9cd3762689

those are the exact steps I took to get my iRola rooted. Works on rockchip 2926(29)/3xxx series devices.
    Note: These files are not mine. To be honest I forgot where I got them from. I can guaranty that they have worked for me. If you find who the original author is I will link and cred.
    Rooted my sons DX752 earlier today... Added Supersu, busy box, adaway, and sd maid. Froze, and /or deleted quite a bit of bloatware, and moved a few things to the SD card. Boots a lot faster, and games no longer lag. He only plays Minecraft, and Hungry Shark Evolution..... Should Hold him until Xmas. All 3 kids are getting new tablets then, if I can swing it...
    Anyone new to this forum, can find files, and rooting instructions on pages 8 & 9........It's super simple, and almost neccesary, to make this cheapo tablet function somewhat normal....

--=={BSnapp}==--
    Afterward what do is add an AD blocking host file and a few recommend root apps (ROM tool box lite, Titanium backup and AdAway)

ROM TOOLBOX
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jrummy.liberty.toolbox&hl=en

TITANIUM BACKUP
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.keramidas.TitaniumBackup

ADAWAY (ad blocking apk)
    in post
    iRola-DX752 4.2.2 JDQ39 eng.gonglvlv.20131129.231913 test-keys

I pulled backups of all partitions from mmcblk0 all the way through mtdblock9 put them in a .rar and uploaded them with my google drive let me know if there is anything else I can do or if I did anything wrong

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8unS9LjgprxZDdaekpGWlpBaVk/edit?usp=sharing
    if you can't get ADB working right.......

I have spent the last few days trying to get my windows 7 32 bit system to see my dx752 in ADB I manually installed the adb driver and every thing like that (this was made harder by only having 1/8 of my touch panel working right now) but I got it and here is how I did it....

1. With you device plugged in remove ALL the drivers you have installed for it

2. Full uninstall of android SDK

3. Follow the directions here * http://visualgdb.com/tutorials/android/usbdebug/manualinstall.php *
    make sure to download the android sdk they link to * http://visualgdb.com/android/install_redir?item=SDK *
    STOP at step 4 again STOP at step 4 and once again DO NOT GO PAST STEP 4 and come back here

4. Download this usb tool * http://visualgdb.com/UsbDriverTool/UsbDriverTool-sfx.exe *

5. Plug in your device wait for it to say no driver found or if it does that should be ok to (mine did not but did label it has DX752 now it still does but is under android device in device manager) just move on to step 6

6. open the usb tool and find your device

7, Right click on your device and left click on "Install Android ADB driver"

8. Follow on screen directions when that is done try to see your device in ADB again
    you should see it just fine if not I'm sorry :D

Thank you to Buda2832 for the link to the info on how to do a manual driver install.

This is ONLY what it took for me to get ADB to see my device hope it helps

ENJOY :D