[Q] Note 2 with KNOX?!

Search This thread

XxAlbertxX

Feb 24, 2014
Hello,

at the first: I'm dont live in England or in the USA and I don't speak english very good/well.

I want to buy a new Phone. The Note 3 is a very good Phone, but I heard the Note 3 has "eFuse & KNOX" and that's very bad.
Then I thought about the Phone Note 2. The Note 2 hasn't the eFuse. But one day after I heard the Note 2 has "KNOX" and If I run a Custom Rom on my Note 2 then the number of KNOX go to 0x1 -.-". And If the number 0x1 then I haven't warranty for my Phone Note 2.

What do you think ?

Buy the Note 2 and wait for a solution for KNOX or buy the Note 2 and run a Custom Rom, but If the Phone bricks or have a damaged, then I haven't a warranty and Samsung shouldn't repair the Phone or ?

And I have a another Question:

Which Phone is better ( Price and Perfomance )

Note 3 or Note 2 with DN3 Custom Rom. ?

Yours sincerely,
Albert

tonylee000

Apr 23, 2012
Sunny Chesterfield!
Hello,

at the first: I'm dont live in England or in the USA and I don't speak english very good/well.

I want to buy a new Phone. The Note 3 is a very good Phone, but I heard the Note 3 has "eFuse & KNOX" and that's very bad.
Then I thought about the Phone Note 2. The Note 2 hasn't the eFuse. But one day after I heard the Note 2 has "KNOX" and If I run a Custom Rom on my Note 2 then the number of KNOX go to 0x1 -.-". And If the number 0x1 then I haven't warranty for my Phone Note 2.

What do you think ?

Buy the Note 2 and wait for a solution for KNOX or buy the Note 2 and run a Custom Rom, but If the Phone bricks or have a damaged, then I haven't a warranty and Samsung shouldn't repair the Phone or ?

And I have a another Question:

Which Phone is better ( Price and Perfomance )

Note 3 or Note 2 with DN3 Custom Rom. ?

Yours sincerely,
Albert

Well the note 3 will be better than the note2. And they will both have knox, weather this acttually affects the servicing warranty is yet to be seen but I would imagine that it would. If you want to avoid knox the get a htc one :)

XxAlbertxX

Feb 24, 2014
Thank you...

Well the note 3 will be better than the note2. And they will both have knox, weather this acttually affects the servicing warranty is yet to be seen but I would imagine that it would. If you want to avoid knox the get a htc one :)

Thank you for the Answer!
But on saturday I bought the Note 2 :eek:. You are right but If i think in the next year or in 1,5 years I want a new phone then the Note 3 is little better then the Note 2, Or? (Price + Perfomance) But you are right,.. the Note 3 are better :(

I don't like HTC. I don't know why but I am know you can not put a SD Card in all HTC Devices or change the accu of all HTC Devices.

But do you think in the future is KNOX a big Problem or a small Problem ?
If in the Future KNOX is a very big Problem then I change the Phone maker (Example: Sony, HTC,...).

(sry for my english)

fade2black101

Jun 18, 2006
North London
Thank you for the Answer!
But on saturday I bought the Note 2 :eek:. You are right but If i think in the next year or in 1,5 years I want a new phone then the Note 3 is little better then the Note 2, Or? (Price + Perfomance) But you are right,.. the Note 3 are better :(

I don't like HTC. I don't know why but I am know you can not put a SD Card in all HTC Devices or change the accu of all HTC Devices.

But do you think in the future is KNOX a big Problem or a small Problem ?
If in the Future KNOX is a very big Problem then I change the Phone maker (Example: Sony, HTC,...).

(sry for my english)

You could always put an SD is "some" HTC devices.

You can also 100% definately put a SD card in the new HTC One.

e1evene1even

Mar 23, 2014
I also just got a brand new Note II (I317M), and of course tripped Knox right away rooting.

It seems some progress is being made, and I've been told that there is a way to reset Knox that *only* works for the Note II, though I haven't confirmed it, or found working instructions so I don't know if I'm just being trolled. :D

Perhaps you'll have better luck than me finding the information Albert.

namitneil

Mar 17, 2012
Delhi
Note 2 beats Note 3.. In its price as compared to features ratio.. a great smartphone with super amoled, powerful quad core which can handle any game and application with ease..

Sent from my GT-N7100

almaalma74

Mar 11, 2009
If you are new then buy note3, no brain. ~400€ the 32 gb model

cons:
- 3gb
- 1080p (2x pixel vs 720p)
- IR remote
- better sound
- better call quality
- much smoother, faster (antutu 34k n3 vs 21k n2)
- much better camera, with really cool features
- much brighter screen
- -20gr (note2 185gr vs note 3 is only 162gr)
- same size (dimensions' n2 = n3)
- better s-pen hw support, easier to write (closer to life)
- instant kitkat

don't waste your time with kid roms

Last edited: