[APP] HTC Tasks

Search This thread

ng-gdata

Aug 28, 2009
HTC Tasks - an application using the Sense SDK to manage your Outlook tasks
I always wondered why my HD2 did not come with a replacment app for the stock tasks application, especially since Sense replaces almost everything. Anyway, I downloaded eboelzner's Sense SDK and startet writing this little app today.

Requirements:
  • Windows Phone 6.x
  • .netCF 3.5
  • (W|Q)VGA device
Current features (very basic):
  • Add Task
  • Localization (English, German, Spanish; auto-detect language)
  • Sense UI
  • change task status
  • change importance
  • change subject
Future Features:
  • Settings
  • Change other task properties (description, due date, etc.)
  • maybe other languages
  • images showing importance
Localization:
Oh and I would be glad if someone could take a look at my Spanish localization and tell me if something's wrong (my grammar is miserable and I'm not familiar with the Spanish techno-babble) and maybe somebody wants to translate this into other languages as well. So please contact me via PM if you are interested in helping me.

Download:
not yet available

Attachments

• ScreenShot1.jpg
    ScreenShot1.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 3,888
Last edited:

jfrm

Feb 1, 2006
Marbella
Oh and I would be glad if someone could take a look at my Spanish localization and tell me if something's wrong (my grammar is miserable and I'm not familiar with the Spanish techno-babble) and maybe somebody wants to translate this into other languages as well. So please contact me via PM if you are interested in helping me.

More than 4 years here and don't know how to PM... So here I am, ready to check the traslation. Spanish is my native language

ng-gdata

Aug 28, 2009
Got your PM and thank you. I will send you the localization files before I upload the app, ok?

ng-gdata

Aug 28, 2009
In my opinion pTasks is not very fingerfriedly, which is pretty important if you have a device with capacitive touchscreen.

ng-gdata

Aug 28, 2009
I encountered a really strange bug. When I change the tasks StartDate and Update the task (Task.Update()) I get a Win32 Exception. Has any other .NET CF developer an idea what could be causing this?

edit: found out what the problem was. StartDate has (logically) be before DateCompleted.

Last edited:

Scott ISH

Dec 15, 2006
Rochester, NY
This is really great! Thanks for your efforts.

I don't know if you'd be interested in this or not, but I'd love to see an app like this that can be used as a tab in Sense.

Thanks again!

Sven424

Oct 21, 2009
Hi,

looks very promising and I'm looking forward to the first available version to give it a try.

bye
Sven

animelover

Dec 21, 2004
Berlin
Just to inform you: Advanced Home Tab for CHT adds the possibility to show tasks in the calendar-panel in home tab, too! You have simply to swype it to the right to show your tasks and swype to the left to go back to the appointments!

sponge_worthy

May 11, 2007
There are other programs here (ptasks and tasks manila) but the development on both of those has stopped. So hopefully you can finish off your vision before you get too busy working on something else.

You might consider making an actual tasks tab for Sense UI. That's what I've been looking for. Being integrated with Sense means I don't have to start up another application. Just a suggestion.

I'm looking forward to testing this out.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    thanks

please let me know where and when i can get the links

thanks in advance