incoming calls crash since using Android 2. 3. 7

Search This thread

Visentinel

May 29, 2007
Washington
A new problem has started for me and and a Google search has shown some other people have also mentioned in but no solutions have come up.

Since iv started using any Android 2. 3. 7 roms around 1once a day to once a couple of days answering a call causes phone app to freeze and the phone speaker makes a constant buzz sound that eventually stops. After the phone signal and 3g returns all is well but trying to make a call result in a full phone freeze wich needs a battery pull. Best thing I do now after this crash is reboot normally.

Also good thing is the call is not answered as far as the carrier is concerned so I can still follow up on the call with voicemail.

I'm considering I have to go back to an older nexushd2 Rom or some sense Rom wich usually has Android 2. 3. 5

Anyone know a way to fix it? Maybe flash an Android 2. 3. 6 apk or a modded libaudio ?

casemandan

Oct 12, 2010
L.I. NY
I had that happening to my old phone.... freezing, buzzing, battery pull.
It started happening after I overclocked the phone to 1.5ghz . And then just kept happening even when i stopped overclocking. The phone would be hot on the bottom. And sometimes wouldnt boot till it cooled off. All i can say is hopefully you have insurance bc if its anything like with mine it'll be happening more and more often with time. After 3 months of it, it was happening a couple times a day , till i got a replacement.

Reactions: mr.maxout

ph03n!x

Dec 18, 2010
A new problem has started for me and and a Google search has shown some other people have also mentioned in but no solutions have come up.

Since iv started using any Android 2. 3. 7 roms around 1once a day to once a couple of days answering a call causes phone app to freeze and the phone speaker makes a constant buzz sound that eventually stops. After the phone signal and 3g returns all is well but trying to make a call result in a full phone freeze wich needs a battery pull. Best thing I do now after this crash is reboot normally.

Also good thing is the call is not answered as far as the carrier is concerned so I can still follow up on the call with voicemail.

I'm considering I have to go back to an older nexushd2 Rom or some sense Rom wich usually has Android 2. 3. 5

Anyone know a way to fix it? Maybe flash an Android 2. 3. 6 apk or a modded libaudio ?

This is related to the No Sound bug alright. What other apps do you have - SIP/ Viber/ any other VoIP? And do you use BT? There were a few post in the No Sound thread and Tytung's kernel thread few days back about what libaudio.so works fine for what kind of a usage.

Android 2.3.7 is just a coincidence, me thinks :)

Visentinel

May 29, 2007
Washington
This is related to the No Sound bug alright. What other apps do you have - SIP/ Viber/ any other VoIP? And do you use BT? There were a few post in the No Sound thread and Tytung's kernel thread few days back about what libaudio.so works fine for what kind of a usage.

Android 2.3.7 is just a coincidence, me thinks :)

None of the above and I don't use Bluetooth.

Guess it ain't a coincidence. I wouldn't of posted if I thought it was part of the no sound bug.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Funnydwarf

Jul 22, 2011
I had a similar issue some time ago: for me the problem was the cpu/governor settings and i fix it with an appropriate SetCPU profile. Using another rom though.
Try to set an "in call" profile as the phone won'to go under 400 Mhz (roughly) and see if it happen again.

marito1454

Sep 19, 2009
mi too

i using miu rom, HD2 NDT GINGER and recovery 3.0.2.4 with this i don have this problem. with any sense rom I have that problem

Sorry my bad english

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I had that happening to my old phone.... freezing, buzzing, battery pull.
    It started happening after I overclocked the phone to 1.5ghz . And then just kept happening even when i stopped overclocking. The phone would be hot on the bottom. And sometimes wouldnt boot till it cooled off. All i can say is hopefully you have insurance bc if its anything like with mine it'll be happening more and more often with time. After 3 months of it, it was happening a couple times a day , till i got a replacement.