Requesting binary ics drivers from nvidia

Search This thread

defconoi

Oct 31, 2008
SCHUYLKILL HAVEN
www.android-unleashed.com
Hey guys as many of us are aware, us relying on carriers and handset manufacturers to release os updates is almost pointless. There are many other devices that are ics capable yet won't be upgraded do to carriers and phone manufacturers. What the sgs2 community did was request drivers from qualcomm and they provided. I think with enough community support nvidia will as well. We are one driver away from complete ics goodness, no more crashes or bugs. I searched Google and saw that this community has already contacted nvidia here: http://forums.developer.nvidia.com/devforum/discussion/1726/tegra-2-source-code/p1 and here: http://forums.developer.nvidia.com/devforum/discussion/comment/3236?Sort=popular

So let's group together and work as a team to convince nvidia they will be doing a great service to our community, it will only strengthen their presence in the android community by doing so.

Any developers here have suggestions on persuading nvidia to support us and have them notice us? I think their dev forum is a good start, also social media may help. I wonder how many g2x owners are still out there?

lets make our voices heard and finish what we started.

Last edited:

nitrogen618

Jul 14, 2010
I tried, but I don't think Nvidia will really care.

Their revunue in 2010 is like 3.2billion..

I don't think our million $ of phone on XDA even matter to nVidia.

JHaste

Jan 7, 2010
Tempe Arizona!
Nvidia doesnt give a ****... they never release binaries for their video cards or other hardware either regardless of countless requests...

g1user101

Apr 16, 2010
OC
Nvidia I think wont waste their tine on phones. they have graphic cards for pcs

Sent from my LG-P999 using XDA

barqers

Nov 17, 2010
You say that while your avatar is flipping us off!

Sent from my LG-P999 using xda premium

Lol didn't even realize that.

Anyways I tried as well way back when asking for drivers for the gTablet as well, Nvidia doesn't care. Hence why I'm going Samsung for phones, and ATI/AMD for graphics on the PC next time.

---------- Post added at 04:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:06 AM ----------

Quick edit, did anyone else notice the guy saying that Nvidia is trying to release the binaries for Tegra 2 Dual Cores in 2012? He posted this in November 2011:

Hello Android Development Community

We appreciate all the interest and passion surrounding the NVIDIA Tegra Platform and we take our support for the development community seriously. NVIDIA has been working with Google and Motorola to provide the open source community with the required drivers and other binary code to build full Android OS images for the Tegra 2 powered "Motorola Xoom". We expect Google to make those components available as part of the Android Open Source Project soon.

In addition, NVIDIA is working on a full release of Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS) for our Tegra 2 Dual Core and Tegra 3 Quad Core reference devices to be made available early next year. This release package will comprise of binary code, drivers developed on our reference platforms and any patches necessary to ensure stability & performance with ICS. We hope the open source community can leverage this release for their work on all Tegra devices.

Andrew Edelsten

But I'm a little confused, why, then, is everyone worried about receiving these binaries? Or am I not reading this correctly?

Sorry for my ignorance, I do not know much about the driver development with regards to linux/android/ICS, going to google this a bit now.

Core Memory

Oct 24, 2011
Toronto
I agree... I'm not gonna stop him from wasting his time tough, especially if he is going to annoy a company I'm a little upset with lol.

The same issue has been beaten to death on XDA and elsewhere. I am pissed-off that those who newly raise this issue haven't done their homework, they just ignorantly post what has already been dealt with and are using up/wasting bandwidth and storage. The same for others who ask without researching/looking first to determine if the answer to their question exists before they ask. I've stopped answering questions which have been answered many times already. That may be perceived by some as arrogant/harsh/mean/etc. but that's OK, they can keep answering the same questions over and over and over and over and over... again.

Reactions: sunster

JHaste

Jan 7, 2010
Tempe Arizona!
The same issue has been beaten to death on XDA and elsewhere. I am pissed-off that those who newly raise this issue haven't done their homework, they just ignorantly post what has already been dealt with and are using up/wasting bandwidth and storage. The same for others who ask without researching/looking first to determine if the answer to their question exists before they ask. I've stopped answering questions which have been answered many times already. That may be perceived by some as arrogant/harsh/mean/etc. but that's OK, they can keep answering the same questions over and over and over and over and over... again.

this sounds like a rant that i approve of! :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I agree... I'm not gonna stop him from wasting his time tough, especially if he is going to annoy a company I'm a little upset with lol.