Downgrading from 1.50 to 1.40...Can't Brick Phone..Help?

Search This thread

jeffhbo

Jul 16, 2009
Southern California
I'm trying to brick my device so i can downgrade to 1.40. Everything is fine up until the point where i have to pull the battery out and run off AC power without battery. When i pull out the battery the phone stays on like it is supposed to, but when i press volume + button to start update the phone immediately turns off.

I relocked my device and am running this stock rom. If anyone can offer some advice it would be greatly appreciated

Thank you

thefsfempire

Apr 26, 2010
Massachusetts
Are you using the actual HTC charger that came with the phone? I've read here on XDA that the stock HTC charger puts out a little more power than normal chargers. Also, you can't use USB via your PC.

Reactions: jeffhbo

jeffhbo

Jul 16, 2009
Southern California
Are you using the actual HTC charger that came with the phone? I've read here on XDA that the stock HTC charger puts out a little more power than normal chargers. Also, you can't use USB via your PC.

Yep, using the one that came with the phone and i'm plugged into the wall. I even tried a couple different outlets. Do i need to have a certain rom installed?

thefsfempire

Apr 26, 2010
Massachusetts
Yep, using the one that came with the phone and i'm plugged into the wall. I even tried a couple different outlets. Do i need to have a certain rom installed?

That shouldn't matter since we're dealing with just the bootloader. I'm not sure which guide you're using (if there's even more than one now) but here is the link I followed: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1547695

Make sure you boot recovery, remove back cover, plug in phone then pull battery when it says.

jeffhbo

Jul 16, 2009
Southern California
Yesss this sh*t is impossible.! I actually got pissed off cuz I COULDNT brick the damn phone lol

Sent from my PG86100 using XDA

I know right! Never thought I'd be mad cause i couldn't brick my phone. Next time someone says they're scared about rooting cause they dont wanna break their phone, I'll tell them they couldn't do it if they tried.

I think I'm going to go back to HTC unlock. The only reason I decided to downgrade my phone in the first place was because i wanted to flash Newtoroot's rls3 and was not able to get it running without losing service. At this point I think I can get that rom to work on 1.50 before i can get this SOB to brick, much less get through the rest of this damn process. If not, I'll just go back to rls1, cause i had that version running perfectly (bugs listed in OP excluded).

Good luck to anyone who's trying to do this...may you have better luck than I did lol.

Sincerely,
J

Mackn89

May 12, 2012
CT - NC
That shouldn't matter since we're dealing with just the bootloader. I'm not sure which guide you're using (if there's even more than one now) but here is the link I followed: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1547695

Make sure you boot recovery, remove back cover, plug in phone then pull battery when it says.

I had this problem where my phone would turn off as well..I was using a stock htc charger that came with the E3d. What I did was hold my charger steady because if I moved it too much the charge would leave. No I didnt have a shortage in my charger but it just read like that in the laptop. Probably because being plugged into the laptop or cpu it doesnt feed off enough voltage. Hope this works for you.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Yesss this sh*t is impossible.! I actually got pissed off cuz I COULDNT brick the damn phone lol

Sent from my PG86100 using XDA