[App][Part-Root][4.0+] Sms Tasks!

Search This thread

jkok

Jan 26, 2013
This app is Currently on-Hold Due to Personal Health-Concerns, i Pulled from Google-Play due to it being Reverted to a unstable-build due to a False-Report of some kind.

Hello This is my first app ive made so please be kind about it.

but first in regards to the bad-apk upload to google-play prior to 7/03/2014

for all those who dont know, the update was in regards to a settings not applying glitch causing the app to fail completely if it wasnt my set device id so i had no clue untill i saw a review then tested on mine then on my friends phone:

i feel bad i uploaded a bad apk and got around 30 people disapointed and 3 who baught pro disapointed so i have refunded all for pro version, removed it, then removed all ads from the free version and republished on 7/03/2014 and work a straight 6 hours to get it up+running fully from scratch with minimal code reusing to make sure it works, same android restrictions apply so gps toggling and a few others still apply, but i tried many methods to get it working, but only tested on 4.4.2 but some codes should work for 4.0+ but i feel really bad about it so i did all i could to remake it as well as i could so please try to give it another shot as i worked hard to get it up+running to work again =)

**For GoSMS+Other SMS/MMS App Users that are not receiving commands:

I haven't used this program yet. I use Cerberus which has the same problem with GOSMS.
Here is a solution that works for cerberus and should work in similar situations:

Open Go SMS Pro, tap 'Menu', 'Settings', 'Advanced', 'Other setting' then uncheck 'Disable other message notifications'.
Then back to 'Advanced', then 'Notification settings', check 'Notification bar privacy mode' and that so it will not display the recieved sms commend!

Then open the stock SMS App, tap 'Menu', 'Settings' then uncheck 'Notifications'.

The idea can be used with Handcent sms and other sms programs. Hope it works
otherwise: THIS APP WILL NOT WORK IF YOU HAVE GOSMS INSTALLED, GOSMS must be frozen or uninstalled**

Intro:

This is a SMS Broadcast Receiver app that will listen to incoming Text messages and do a Pre-Made task set to them

This app was partially inspired by the Remote Terminal, Remote ShutOff, and Remote Unlock apps from the xda-announcements

(not sure of developer names at the moment, but i did like those apps myself and thought "why dont i make one just like that?"
So i did. and it doesn't need to be a system app or fully rooted to do so!

**note** i'm a single person developer so i cannot make every function compatible for every phone because i only have a Samsung Galaxy S4 (jfltevzw, Partly Broken-Yet-?Unlocked? bootloader, Rooted Stock 4.4.2), so if a feature doesn't work for you, i cannot help much because i only can test it on mine at the moment, and this works perfectly on mine as far as i test, so sorry in advanced if anything doesnt work, send me a logcat of reproduction, your phones model, android version, if you are rooted, and try to follow this format enough

Example Based on my personal phone:.

Code:
-Phone Model: Samsung Galaxy S4

-Phone Code Name(if-Known, otherwise skip this): jflte-vzw

-Phone Android Version: 4.4.2

-App Version: 999999-DEV (My Personal Version Tag, i only have it, gets changed on releases)

-Are Rooted?: Yes

-Root Was Granted?: Yes

-Have a LogCat?: This is just an example; but say "yes" or "no" 
or their respective simaliers your comfortable with like "yea","yeah","nah"

-Is Device Administrator Enabled?: Yes.

-Issue (all details): this is an example of the issue Area.

Features include: [R] = root required [~R] = root may be required for newer phones [D] = Disabled in Disable Dangerous On Wildcards
-customizable passphrase used for all commands except both echo's (cannot be blank, but unlimited length (as long as you can fit commands after it), there is no old passphrase, so on your first run(or after data wipe), leave the old Passphrase alone, and type your new one in the two other text fields)
-turning on/off the service when changing passcodes(or typing in the same passcode in old, new, and confirm)
-[R]Shutting off phone
-[R]Rebooting phone
-[R]Rebooting into recovery
-[R][D]Sending terminal commands
-[R][D]Uninstalling apps remotely (By package name, eg. com.rovio.angrybirds, **reboot afterwards required**, system apps uninstallable also)
-Sending Echo's (toast messages, multi-lined acceptable)
-Sending multiple Echos (multi-line Echo's, separated into different toast messages one-after-another)
-[R]Bypassing the security lock of your phone, with reboot (beta feature, picks and chooses when to work when screen off) (supports: regular patterns, cyanogenmod 4x4-6x6 patterns, passwords, digit pins)
-[D]SDcard Wiping (Cannot be undone, see notes and warnings below command)
-[D]Remote Factory Reset (device admin needs to be enabled, android 2.2+)
-[~R]Toggle wifi, wifi hotspot, gps, bluetooth, ADB (on newer android firmware, some toggles need to be on a rooted phone for toggles to work; GPS requires to be a system app)
-Text-to-Speech (Makes your phone talk and say what you put after the command, some censors are put)
-One-Time Alarm sound (makes your phone set off the alarm sound, if failed (or media/sdcard unmounted) does System Alarm sound, if failed notification sound, if that fails does ringtone)
-Looping Alarm sound (shuts off with snooze command)
-Custom Alarm ( place "Alarm.mp3" in (external sdcard path)/KittleApps/Smstasks/Alarms/Alarm.mp3)
-Snooze alarm
-[R]Toggle ADB
-Rechecks Superuser (just basic rechecks superuser request, if already allowed does the toast message)
-Reading all your incoming text messages with the announcement "Text from (number or email) saying... (message)" (can be disabled/enabled in commands, or in the more settings menu.)
-Disabling/enabling almost any command (does not disable command to check superuser or the command to enable/disable commands)
-White-listing 2 numbers, and one email (no special characters use only numbers 0 through 9, no Country codes, Can allow all numbers (not email), by setting only the wildcard * )
-GPS Tracking (only as good as the gps on your phone, gives overall accuracy in metres, this will turn on gps on start) (separate command to stop tracking)
-Testing if app is installed and running correctly.
-Requiring Confirmation of pass phrase to disable/enable change whitelists

Commands (and format) to use these are, (where (pass)= your passphrase) (options for a few select commands are: true,false,enabled,disabled,t,f)

**Note: when it says "1234", or (option), do not include the ( ) or " Symbol(s) in the command. only your pass phrase and/or the option with spaces only to separate the command@, the passphrase, and options, with no spaces afterwards unless it is the speak, echo, multi-echo, cmd commands so far**:

Sending terminal commands:

cmd@1234 (terminal commands, seperate commands by new line)
cmd@1234 reboot
cmd@1234 echo "hi" >> sdcard/test.log

and such

Shutting off phone:

off@1234
cmd@1234 reboot -p
cmd@1234 poweroff

Rebooting phone:

reboot@1234
cmd@1234 reboot

Reboot into recovery:

recovery@1234
cmd@1234 reboot recovery

Uninstalling apps:

uninstall@1234 (package name of app, and include /system/app file name without .apk also if a system app)

echos:

echo (what to put in a single toast, can also be separated by new lines for multi-lined toasts)
echo hi!

echo hi
how are you today?
im doing good!

multiple echos

multi-echo (what to put in the first/single toast, new seperated-echos are separated by new lines)

multi-echo hi
how are you today?
im doing good!

Bypassing android LockScreen security:

unlock@1234

SDcard Wiping:

sdcard@1234
cmd@1234 rm -rfv (path you wish to delete)
**note SDcard Wiping cannot be undone when started it will erase all sdcard contents (fixed to only use external mount points V1.4+ on the sdcard@command not cmd@method)

Wiping Data:

data@1234
**note Wipe Data command cannot be undone**

toggles:

(options are: wifi, gps, bluetooth, adb, hotspot) (hotspot is the wifi hotspot)
toggle@1234 (option) (Value)
toggle@1234 wifi off
toggle@1234 adb on

Text-to-Speech:

speak@1234 (what to say)
speak@1234 Hi, how are you today?

Alarm (No-Loop):

alarm@1234

Alarm (Looped version):

loop-alarm@1234

Snooze Alarm:

snooze@(pass)

Remotely Lock Device:
// sends a text back with new password to get into phone
lock@1234
lock@1234 (optional Custom password can be added here)

Check superuser request:
// just type only one of the following to get the prompt Alternitivly use the "SU?" button on the settings to initiate the Initial Superuser prompts
superuser@1234
Superuser@1234
SuperUser@1234

Testing if app is installed and running correctly;

test@1234
**you will get a text back to the phone that sent the command if its working)

GPS Location Tracking:

locate@1234

Stop Tracking:

stop@1234

End OF Commands:

in regards to convert this (or any app) to a system app via commands?

type these in seperate texts in new messages (as it will be long...) make #### your currently set pass phrase
Code:
cmd@#### cp /data/app/com.kittleapps.app.smstask.apk > /system/app/smstasks.apk
cmd@#### chmod 644 /system/app/smstasks.apk
cmd@#### rm /data/app/com.kittleapps.app.smstasks.apk

then reboot the phone =) its how i debug it on-the-fly just do not remove from data/app before you chmod 644 the system app as you will no longer see the app as installed; so if you need to use the test@ command to test if it is still reading the commands =)

**do not use this method maliciously! i'm just showing for some users to convert to system app easily using my app for gps toggling issues! **

In Regards to the Lock@ Command "Being Malicious" as some argue to me it is, heres an explaination why its not :p

This command now uses an overlay to keep the Activity ALWAYS on-top, it will be fullscreen, and may seem the home button, back button, and others do not work;
this is intentional, but not maliciously, i have been given rants+complaints about it "Hacking the home button", but this is not the case;

the command loads an overlay on top of all apps like Facebook's ChatHeads, only it will not read back keys like their app, or home keys like their app to close it due to it being a security feature for this app (as its a remote controlling app, based on security) so it wouldnt be wise to allow the tracking to be shut off with a simple back press right? and i dont want to do a background one, as thats a battery hog :p

but.. to close the app you MUST use the stop@ command, or wait untill it does its default Max Location Texts to be sent (3): after that the stop@command will stop the location tracking, and close the dialog by shutting down the activity; but i will let you know it is not malicious and i will provide the code used for the overlay as-is on-request in a private message, email, or simply in a reply and ill add it in a CODE tag, or attach the file as-is in the reply i make so you can see =P i DO NOT EVER intend to be malicious, as it is bad practices for online communities, let alone developers and their work, thus why i add warnings to do not use it maliciously, or what could be dangerous if misused not as intended =)

Download:
Google Play Link (Pulled for Now.)

Last edited:

maranello69

Apr 1, 2011
EU
nice app, mate, sure looks promising ;)

would be great to be able to send a command to fully wipe phone / sd card, this should be a great feature to have in case you loose or get your phone stolen

jkok

Jan 26, 2013
tested on samsung galaxy SL i9003 GB Stock rooted 2.3.6 And it's not work !!!
weird because it works on my phone, i cant really test on other phones, but ill tweak it around a bit and check every command again, but the wakelock picks and chooses when to work when the screen is locked or shut off with patterns/pin/password, ill try to find a better way to use one, but make sure you accept/grant the superuser request But there is also a glitch when sending non-commands making the app crash, but ill try to fix that soon also, might i ask what command you tried to use (not with your pass code just the function would do)

i will also try to add the wipe functions soon, ill have to find a reliable way to wipe data with shell commands, as thats how these commands (with the exception of the echo's) work, but for sdcard wipe, that will be easier ill start working on it soon.

Last edited:

SunShiner

Apr 13, 2013
I had very similar ideas after the first shutdown app came out. One idea i got to tweak that a little bit more was why don't listen to other msg services like whatsapp, instead of SMS, cause it's a little bit old school. Might be a next version of your app come up with other msg systems?

Another thing I have regonized are for Samsung branded Devices: Samsung offers a protect services to shut your phone down or locate it wheb it's stolen etc. . So because you do this through a website Samsung needs to create a SU Access to the phone. Ain't it possible to access this services over an API and build a program around it? ...or I am completely wrong?

jkok

Jan 26, 2013
I had very similar ideas after the first shutdown app came out. One idea i got to tweak that a little bit more was why don't listen to other msg services like whatsapp, instead of SMS, cause it's a little bit old school. Might be a next version of your app come up with other msg systems?

Another thing I have regonized are for Samsung branded Devices: Samsung offers a protect services to shut your phone down or locate it wheb it's stolen etc. . So because you do this through a website Samsung needs to create a SU Access to the phone. Ain't it possible to access this services over an API and build a program around it? ...or I am completely wrong?

im not sure tbh, ive only been able to do this over the broadcast receiver for receiving sms, idk if i can get this to work with other sms apps, but if i find a way to add the other message systems that would be a good alternative.
And idk about that samsung phone thing, i thought that could only be done for the stock roms, this app here ive only really tested on Unjustified dev''s domination and PAC roms cause those are my daily drivers, but that would be a good thing to try if i knew how to do it lol

jkok

Jan 26, 2013
New Version 1.1.7 now uploaded Now supports sdcard wipe via command (where (pass) = your passphrase)

sdcard@(pass)

**not this cannot be undone when started it will erase all sdcard contents, and possibly internal sdcard as well since internal sdcard and external sdcard use some of the mount points deleted with this command (eg. /sdcard/)

the mount points deleted with this command are the following.. (as all i could find for android sdcard mount points were these)
/mnt/sdcard/*
/mnt/storage/sdcard0/*
/storage/sdcard0/*
/sdcard/*
/sdcard/ext-sd/*

Reactions: maranello69

jkok

Jan 26, 2013
Now uploaded Version 1.1.8 with experimental wipe Data command, it wipes data,cache,and dalvik-cache while online, then does some other things that a regular wipe would do like remove the lockscreen (by using the void of the bypass lockscreen), and does the wipe and reboots, The only bad part about it it doesnt start googles one-time init on boot that a regular wipe does, so you have to reconfigure your accounts and settings+restore your apps manually sorry,,

The command is (where (pass)= your passphrase)

data@(pass)

Enjoy!

Reactions: maranello69

LosLakers

Jun 10, 2013
Hi, this app is really awesome but what do you think about the possibility to add comand for switch on/off Data and WiFi Connection? It could be very useful, if you need to find the location of your smartphone.

Reactions: Magissia

jkok

Jan 26, 2013
Hi, this app is really awesome but what do you think about the possibility to add comand for switch on/off Data and WiFi Connection? It could be very useful, if you need to find the location of your smartphone.
ive been trying to find a good way to find the location, but so far im outta luck for that, but as of the toggles ill find a way to try and do that just give me some time and a way to do it (if possible by the methods im using).

LosLakers

Jun 10, 2013
ive been trying to find a good way to find the location, but so far im outta luck for that, but as of the toggles ill find a way to try and do that just give me some time and a way to do it (if possible by the methods im using).

Sorry, I have no idea how to implement it, I'm not yet starting to learn android programming. But I recommend the Data/WiFi on/off because can be a useful tool with anti-thief app.

jkok

Jan 26, 2013
Sorry, I have no idea how to implement it, I'm not yet starting to learn android programming. But I recommend the Data/WiFi on/off because can be a useful tool with anti-thief app.

oh dont worry, i already have code for the wifi, and experimanting with gps toggles right now,then working on the gps tracking, im trying a no-root method, ad most methods used by this app use the terminal (thus needing the root), thats why this app uses soo many root features, im making the toggles as non-root needed as i could get at the moment

deedii

May 25, 2011
I dont know if this works but how when it doesnt ask for root access? Im using MIUIv5 anyway.

jkok

Jan 26, 2013
I dont know if this works but how when it doesnt ask for root access? Im using MIUIv5 anyway.
That might just be a superuser request problem with miui, i cannot test on miui because my phone doesnt have that rom that im aware of, but check in the superuser app/settings and see if its there under deny, if so put for allow/grant, this app asks for superuser request everytime the app is opened so if it doesnt ask for it, try a fresh install, or check your superuser, or (as a last resort, just to test)make a backup of your phone, flash another rom thats rooted (like cyanogenmod), and test there, then restore your phone if wanted because like ive posted before i can only test on one phone so i can only tell what works/not works by my own tests and others feedback, so sorry if i cannot get this to work with miui, as i cannot test using that specific rom, sorry.

Off topic: im almost done with another build, it has toggle wifi, toggle mobile data, toggle nfc (if phone compatible), toggle gps, toggle wifi mobile hostspot, set off alarm sound, set off looping-alarm sound(currently has no shut off so a force-close or phone rebbot is needed), and experimental gps track phone (i havent fully tested it, as i cannot leave my house for enough time to set off the trigger of my phones gps, but it will turn on gps, send a sms to the phone that sent the command (as long as the command had the right pass phrase) with a link with google map coordinants of where the phones generall location is, but its only as good as the phones gps/enabled gps settings, and doesnt always give exact location, but if you recognise where its at like a freidns house is nearby, you know where to go.

richtoyz

May 3, 2012
montego bay
SMS Task

this is brilliant, continue developing this, it has great potential. work great on my AT&T gs2 gonna test it on a galaxy exhibit 2 later

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This app is Currently on-Hold Due to Personal Health-Concerns, i Pulled from Google-Play due to it being Reverted to a unstable-build due to a False-Report of some kind.

Hello This is my first app ive made so please be kind about it.

but first in regards to the bad-apk upload to google-play prior to 7/03/2014

for all those who dont know, the update was in regards to a settings not applying glitch causing the app to fail completely if it wasnt my set device id so i had no clue untill i saw a review then tested on mine then on my friends phone:

i feel bad i uploaded a bad apk and got around 30 people disapointed and 3 who baught pro disapointed so i have refunded all for pro version, removed it, then removed all ads from the free version and republished on 7/03/2014 and work a straight 6 hours to get it up+running fully from scratch with minimal code reusing to make sure it works, same android restrictions apply so gps toggling and a few others still apply, but i tried many methods to get it working, but only tested on 4.4.2 but some codes should work for 4.0+ but i feel really bad about it so i did all i could to remake it as well as i could so please try to give it another shot as i worked hard to get it up+running to work again =)

**For GoSMS+Other SMS/MMS App Users that are not receiving commands:

I haven't used this program yet. I use Cerberus which has the same problem with GOSMS.
    Here is a solution that works for cerberus and should work in similar situations:

Open Go SMS Pro, tap 'Menu', 'Settings', 'Advanced', 'Other setting' then uncheck 'Disable other message notifications'.
    Then back to 'Advanced', then 'Notification settings', check 'Notification bar privacy mode' and that so it will not display the recieved sms commend!

Then open the stock SMS App, tap 'Menu', 'Settings' then uncheck 'Notifications'.

The idea can be used with Handcent sms and other sms programs. Hope it works
    otherwise: THIS APP WILL NOT WORK IF YOU HAVE GOSMS INSTALLED, GOSMS must be frozen or uninstalled**

Intro:

This is a SMS Broadcast Receiver app that will listen to incoming Text messages and do a Pre-Made task set to them

This app was partially inspired by the Remote Terminal, Remote ShutOff, and Remote Unlock apps from the xda-announcements

(not sure of developer names at the moment, but i did like those apps myself and thought "why dont i make one just like that?"
    So i did. and it doesn't need to be a system app or fully rooted to do so!

**note** i'm a single person developer so i cannot make every function compatible for every phone because i only have a Samsung Galaxy S4 (jfltevzw, Partly Broken-Yet-?Unlocked? bootloader, Rooted Stock 4.4.2), so if a feature doesn't work for you, i cannot help much because i only can test it on mine at the moment, and this works perfectly on mine as far as i test, so sorry in advanced if anything doesnt work, send me a logcat of reproduction, your phones model, android version, if you are rooted, and try to follow this format enough

Example Based on my personal phone:.

Code:
    -Phone Model: Samsung Galaxy S4

-Phone Code Name(if-Known, otherwise skip this): jflte-vzw

-Phone Android Version: 4.4.2

-App Version: 999999-DEV (My Personal Version Tag, i only have it, gets changed on releases)

-Are Rooted?: Yes

-Root Was Granted?: Yes

-Have a LogCat?: This is just an example; but say "yes" or "no" 
    or their respective simaliers your comfortable with like "yea","yeah","nah"

-Is Device Administrator Enabled?: Yes.

-Issue (all details): this is an example of the issue Area.

Features include: [R] = root required [~R] = root may be required for newer phones [D] = Disabled in Disable Dangerous On Wildcards
    -customizable passphrase used for all commands except both echo's (cannot be blank, but unlimited length (as long as you can fit commands after it), there is no old passphrase, so on your first run(or after data wipe), leave the old Passphrase alone, and type your new one in the two other text fields)
    -turning on/off the service when changing passcodes(or typing in the same passcode in old, new, and confirm)
    -[R]Shutting off phone
    -[R]Rebooting phone
    -[R]Rebooting into recovery
    -[R][D]Sending terminal commands
    -[R][D]Uninstalling apps remotely (By package name, eg. com.rovio.angrybirds, **reboot afterwards required**, system apps uninstallable also)
    -Sending Echo's (toast messages, multi-lined acceptable)
    -Sending multiple Echos (multi-line Echo's, separated into different toast messages one-after-another)
    -[R]Bypassing the security lock of your phone, with reboot (beta feature, picks and chooses when to work when screen off) (supports: regular patterns, cyanogenmod 4x4-6x6 patterns, passwords, digit pins)
    -[D]SDcard Wiping (Cannot be undone, see notes and warnings below command)
    -[D]Remote Factory Reset (device admin needs to be enabled, android 2.2+)
    -[~R]Toggle wifi, wifi hotspot, gps, bluetooth, ADB (on newer android firmware, some toggles need to be on a rooted phone for toggles to work; GPS requires to be a system app)
    -Text-to-Speech (Makes your phone talk and say what you put after the command, some censors are put)
    -One-Time Alarm sound (makes your phone set off the alarm sound, if failed (or media/sdcard unmounted) does System Alarm sound, if failed notification sound, if that fails does ringtone)
    -Looping Alarm sound (shuts off with snooze command)
    -Custom Alarm ( place "Alarm.mp3" in (external sdcard path)/KittleApps/Smstasks/Alarms/Alarm.mp3)
    -Snooze alarm
    -[R]Toggle ADB
    -Rechecks Superuser (just basic rechecks superuser request, if already allowed does the toast message)
    -Reading all your incoming text messages with the announcement "Text from (number or email) saying... (message)" (can be disabled/enabled in commands, or in the more settings menu.)
    -Disabling/enabling almost any command (does not disable command to check superuser or the command to enable/disable commands)
    -White-listing 2 numbers, and one email (no special characters use only numbers 0 through 9, no Country codes, Can allow all numbers (not email), by setting only the wildcard * )
    -GPS Tracking (only as good as the gps on your phone, gives overall accuracy in metres, this will turn on gps on start) (separate command to stop tracking)
    -Testing if app is installed and running correctly.
    -Requiring Confirmation of pass phrase to disable/enable change whitelists

Commands (and format) to use these are, (where (pass)= your passphrase) (options for a few select commands are: true,false,enabled,disabled,t,f)

**Note: when it says "1234", or (option), do not include the ( ) or " Symbol(s) in the command. only your pass phrase and/or the option with spaces only to separate the command@, the passphrase, and options, with no spaces afterwards unless it is the speak, echo, multi-echo, cmd commands so far**:

Sending terminal commands:

cmd@1234 (terminal commands, seperate commands by new line)
    cmd@1234 reboot
    cmd@1234 echo "hi" >> sdcard/test.log

and such

Shutting off phone:

off@1234
    cmd@1234 reboot -p
    cmd@1234 poweroff

Rebooting phone:

reboot@1234
    cmd@1234 reboot

Reboot into recovery:

recovery@1234
    cmd@1234 reboot recovery

Uninstalling apps:

uninstall@1234 (package name of app, and include /system/app file name without .apk also if a system app)

echos:

echo (what to put in a single toast, can also be separated by new lines for multi-lined toasts)
    echo hi!

echo hi
    how are you today?
    im doing good!

multiple echos

multi-echo (what to put in the first/single toast, new seperated-echos are separated by new lines)

multi-echo hi
    how are you today?
    im doing good!

Bypassing android LockScreen security:

unlock@1234

SDcard Wiping:

sdcard@1234
    cmd@1234 rm -rfv (path you wish to delete)
    **note SDcard Wiping cannot be undone when started it will erase all sdcard contents (fixed to only use external mount points V1.4+ on the sdcard@command not cmd@method)

Wiping Data:

data@1234
    **note Wipe Data command cannot be undone**

toggles:

(options are: wifi, gps, bluetooth, adb, hotspot) (hotspot is the wifi hotspot)
    toggle@1234 (option) (Value)
    toggle@1234 wifi off
    toggle@1234 adb on

Text-to-Speech:

speak@1234 (what to say)
    speak@1234 Hi, how are you today?

Alarm (No-Loop):

alarm@1234

Alarm (Looped version):

loop-alarm@1234

Snooze Alarm:

snooze@(pass)

Remotely Lock Device:
    // sends a text back with new password to get into phone
    lock@1234
    lock@1234 (optional Custom password can be added here)

Check superuser request:
    // just type only one of the following to get the prompt Alternitivly use the "SU?" button on the settings to initiate the Initial Superuser prompts
    superuser@1234
    Superuser@1234
    SuperUser@1234

Testing if app is installed and running correctly;

test@1234
    **you will get a text back to the phone that sent the command if its working)

GPS Location Tracking:

locate@1234

Stop Tracking:

stop@1234

End OF Commands:

in regards to convert this (or any app) to a system app via commands?

type these in seperate texts in new messages (as it will be long...) make #### your currently set pass phrase
    Code:
    cmd@#### cp /data/app/com.kittleapps.app.smstask.apk > /system/app/smstasks.apk
    cmd@#### chmod 644 /system/app/smstasks.apk
    cmd@#### rm /data/app/com.kittleapps.app.smstasks.apk

then reboot the phone =) its how i debug it on-the-fly just do not remove from data/app before you chmod 644 the system app as you will no longer see the app as installed; so if you need to use the test@ command to test if it is still reading the commands =)

**do not use this method maliciously! i'm just showing for some users to convert to system app easily using my app for gps toggling issues! **

In Regards to the Lock@ Command "Being Malicious" as some argue to me it is, heres an explaination why its not :p

This command now uses an overlay to keep the Activity ALWAYS on-top, it will be fullscreen, and may seem the home button, back button, and others do not work;
    this is intentional, but not maliciously, i have been given rants+complaints about it "Hacking the home button", but this is not the case;

the command loads an overlay on top of all apps like Facebook's ChatHeads, only it will not read back keys like their app, or home keys like their app to close it due to it being a security feature for this app (as its a remote controlling app, based on security) so it wouldnt be wise to allow the tracking to be shut off with a simple back press right? and i dont want to do a background one, as thats a battery hog :p

but.. to close the app you MUST use the stop@ command, or wait untill it does its default Max Location Texts to be sent (3): after that the stop@command will stop the location tracking, and close the dialog by shutting down the activity; but i will let you know it is not malicious and i will provide the code used for the overlay as-is on-request in a private message, email, or simply in a reply and ill add it in a CODE tag, or attach the file as-is in the reply i make so you can see =P i DO NOT EVER intend to be malicious, as it is bad practices for online communities, let alone developers and their work, thus why i add warnings to do not use it maliciously, or what could be dangerous if misused not as intended =)

Download:
    Google Play Link (Pulled for Now.)
    tested on samsung galaxy SL i9003 GB Stock rooted 2.3.6 And it's not work !!!
    weird because it works on my phone, i cant really test on other phones, but ill tweak it around a bit and check every command again, but the wakelock picks and chooses when to work when the screen is locked or shut off with patterns/pin/password, ill try to find a better way to use one, but make sure you accept/grant the superuser request But there is also a glitch when sending non-commands making the app crash, but ill try to fix that soon also, might i ask what command you tried to use (not with your pass code just the function would do)

i will also try to add the wipe functions soon, ill have to find a reliable way to wipe data with shell commands, as thats how these commands (with the exception of the echo's) work, but for sdcard wipe, that will be easier ill start working on it soon.
    Just Reporting my app SMS Tasks has made its local (in my area) debut! it has lead to a local drug dealing around my local area, i had the app on one of my now ex-friends phone (who didnt uninstall, or change pass phrase), as he disabled e911 somehow, and it lead to an error in the local police departments e911 tracking system, the person who was doing the drug dealing as illegal as it is managed to not be tracked by officalls, but the person who ratted him out (not me), knew about my app being on his phone and asked for a list of local commands (as she knew the other persons pass phrase as it was the person who ratted him outs name (as they "were" dating, and she was worried about him)) so she reported for officials who were looking for him through the errored e911 tracking system (again unsure how he did it or if it was a true error in the system), but the officials used the phone that was whitelisted and since it was a unofficial system-signed-app version ive been working on lately (keep tuned for that version it will be needed to be installed in recovery or pushed, its going to bee as little "root-needed" as possible, it already has native non-root reboot options) anyways the officials typed in the tracking command Locate@****** (censored out the pass phrase as it was her name after all) and the app sent back the text saying the approximate location in a clickable google-maps link and the person who ratted him out recognised the nearby location and lead to the arrest of the drug dealer and the recipents, i doubt any recognition for the app will be made on the news, but it did feel nice to see my app had a practical use that helped someone(in this case the authorities), and thanks to all who encouraged me to keep up this project or else i wouldnt have added the tracking part to start with =)

i will post the link to the arrest from my local new's website if app recogniton or mentions of how the arrest was made, as they dont usually do that kind of thing since its more news-before-details. so if they dont i cannot add it to protect some identities
    Thanks for the app. Full wipe phone/sdcard via sms would be great function.
    P.S. Sorry for my bad English.
    Nice idea dude, gonna try it on my rooted stock ROM GT-I9500 and give you feedback.
    if you wait a bit im about to post the version with the sdcard-wipe command ill let you know when its posted