[APP] Trackball Alert PRO (v1.2.13)

Search This thread

Brett3rThanU

May 6, 2010
So I just bought 1.2 and I'm running CyanogenMod-6.0.0-N1-RC1 (Kang-o-rama) and it's saying "ROM not recognized or no patches available!" I know you say only CyanogenMod is supported, but to my understanding Kang-o-rama uses CM6 so shouldn't it work?

mortal300

Nov 19, 2009
California
UPDATE: WEnt back to stock framework...then re-patched. Still no luck.

Uninstalled APP and redownloaded it from market.

Still no luck.

Is Always Pulse set to on in CYAN settings? Yes!

Email debug?

lilHermit

Retired Recognized Developer
May 6, 2009
So I just bought 1.2 and I'm running CyanogenMod-6.0.0-N1-RC1 (Kang-o-rama) and it's saying "ROM not recognized or no patches available!" I know you say only CyanogenMod is supported, but to my understanding Kang-o-rama uses CM6 so shouldn't it work?

The patch system only has Genuine CM6 at the moment but I'll be talking to djmcnz soon (in a couple of hours) on irc about getting an update to his rom in that patch engine.

TAP should be working on that rom without the need to update the framework however the new enable flash wont be available.

~

Brett3rThanU

May 6, 2010
The patch system only has Genuine CM6 at the moment but I'll be talking to djmcnz soon (in a couple of hours) on irc about getting an update to his rom in that patch engine.

TAP should be working on that rom without the need to update the framework however the new enable flash wont be available.

~

TAP still says it's unable to patch the framework and the notifications aren't right. Just FYI. Anyway, I'll wait for the patched ROM.

mortal300

Nov 19, 2009
California
I too am only getting a single pulse.

Cm6 pulse settings checked.

Attention!

People not getting more than single pulse notification light.

Verify 2 settings that get unchecked on their own because of RC1 Bugs

1. Settings > Sound > Pulse notification light = MUST BE CHECKED

2. Settings > CyanMod Settings > Input Settings > Always Pulse = MUST BE CHECKED

Verify these and verify you are on RC1 before debugging. These are simple settings that RC1 sometimes unchecks on its own. (NO NIGHTLY BUILDS SUPPORTED).

lilHermit

Retired Recognized Developer
May 6, 2009
Thanks, mortal300 for the informative post and for helping me debug over msn.

Agent Wax

Apr 4, 2010
Lantana
Thanks to all you guys who worked on this and getting it up. Who would have ever thought that having a little blinking light that can change colors would be so freaking popular lol.

bigmase521

Jun 14, 2007
New York
Google Pixel 6 Pro

~

Also running Kang-o-rama and have the same error as Brett3rThanU. I thought it might work right off the bat since it's based on CM6-RC1 but clearly something is different. Patiently waiting for you to work things out with djmcnz :D Thanks for all of your hard work lilHermit.. TAP Pro is my most crucial app now.. damn you and your crack-like-colored-trackball-goodness!

watercool

Apr 18, 2010
Running kor too. I patched manually in ta pro (cm6). Works fine now.

Alert only working when screen is off. Is that ok/normal?

Edit, sorry! Everything ok. Always pulse was off (i checked that for sure, so I can confirm the bug that it unchecks sometimes automat.)

Brett3rThanU

May 6, 2010
I went ahead and patched manually too, so far no issues. Does it still blend colors when you have mutliple notifications?

bigmase521

Jun 14, 2007
New York
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I was holding off originally, but I just patched kang-o-rama manually and it seems to be working as expected so far :D My "always pulse" setting didn't get unchecked though so maybe not everyone is experiencing this particular bug.

I think I read earlier that with the new patch system we should already be good to go for RC2+ right?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I remember that with CM7.0 it used to be the same with the smali patch, but when I applied the proper framework patch for 7.0, everything went back to normal.

OK fixed, see my second edit. You need to repatch to v23a, which solves this issue.

~
    Trackball Alert Pro allows you set the flash color and flash of the Trackball/jogball on notifications.

The pro version allows you to add virtually any app via the "simple" database driven method or the advanced manual method.

Features
    - Smali-patch option
    - Desktop Dock Dimming or off
    - New NightMode - Trackball off or dim (user configurable times)
    - Disable Flash per app
    - Red, Blue, Green, Yellow + more
    - Custom Colors
    - Variable flash rates
    - Test Flash function

Requirements
    - Supported or Patchable Custom ROM
    - Nexus One or Samsung Galaxy Nexus

Downloads
    Available on Android Market -Search - Trackball Alert Pro​

Documents

Thanks to
    - All my alpha testers
    - Paul O'Brien for welcoming my framework changes
    - Michael McNevin for excellent designs​

~
    Is there a way to have this app work with the stock miui 11.19 english bundle? When I go into the app there are no recommended patches right now.

Try the smali patch option and pick MIUI. Worked for me.
    Hi, Trackball Alert PRO licensed user with Galaxy Nexus and latest Modaco Custom Rom with relative compatibility option enabled.

App is not working, notifications are always white/default system color. Can you help me ?

Thanks you

There is an issue with Gmail you need to delete it within the app and re-add via Add New... Simple method. If its others you will need to send me a "Debug info" email so I can debug it. (please turn on Framework Debug and trigger a notification first)