Rezound Stuck on HTC Screen - Will not Boot. No Access to Recovery

Search This thread

mdunn1066

Aug 30, 2010
Connecticut
mjdunn.org
Bricked my HTC Rezound trying to root it today. Need help installing stock RUU, but how do i do this. Push it to my phone with ADB while in fastboot? And if thats how, how is this accomplished? I can only access the bootloader/fastboot.

Last edited:

mdunn1066

Aug 30, 2010
Connecticut
mjdunn.org
I was in aman ra recovery and i thought i was rooted. I also thought i had done a nandroid backup earlier, but apparently not. I flashed cleanrom, and when i rebooted, it got stuck on the white htc screen

EmerikL

Jul 19, 2011
Phoenix
If you are unlocked then just flash the kernel in fastboot.

If you are trying to install cleanrom 4.0 you need to run the leaked ruu first.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using xda premium

mdunn1066

Aug 30, 2010
Connecticut
mjdunn.org
Its literally too late for any of that. I can only access the bootloader or fastboot. There is no recovery installed now because it was only the temp one. If i had a way to get the stock ruu on the storage so it installs in the bootloader, then i may be able to fix my rezound, correct?

superchilpil

Sep 26, 2009
Texas
OnePlus 8 Pro
Nubia Red Magic 6
I apologize, but last time i checked a phone that doesnt boot is a bricked phone, whether it was user error or a problem with the device that caused it?

When your phone is bricked it literally means its a brick that won't bee good for anything than a paper weight
Your case, all you need to do is flash a new kernel

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

mdunn1066

Aug 30, 2010
Connecticut
mjdunn.org
When your phone is bricked it literally means its a brick that won't bee good for anything than a paper weight
Your case, all you need to do is flash a new kernel

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

Thank you for clarifying. Can you help me do this?

Also. Wouldn't it be possible to just fastboot oem lock, then put the RUU on an sd card using an sd card reader, and enter hboot and install that way?

Last edited:

EmerikL

Jul 19, 2011
Phoenix
Why do that? If you can fastboot oem lock, why not put the boot image that is in the PH98IMG.zip file, in the same directory as fastboot then type fastboot flash boot boot.img. Now you have your kernel installed.

mdunn1066

Aug 30, 2010
Connecticut
mjdunn.org
Why do that? If you can fastboot oem lock, why not put the boot image that is in the PH98IMG.zip file, in the same directory as fastboot then type fastboot flash boot boot.img. Now you have your kernel installed.

Because I am inexperienced with ADB still and did not know i could, or how, to do that.

So far it looks to be working as its booting up, thanks a million. I feel sheepishly inexperienced but i guess we all start and learn somehow, right?

Last edited:

EtherBoo

Jun 22, 2008
Can you explain this process in a bit more detail?

I'm kind of new to HTC and not familiar with all the terms yet. Same thing happened to me trying to get the ICS leak on my phone.

I'm not familiar with ADB, and have minimal familiarity with ADB.

sd_ekt

Jan 24, 2012
Yekaterinburg
Am also having the same issue here:(:(:(

---------- Post added at 05:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:38 AM ----------

my steps:

1 anlock from htcdev.com
2 re-lock bootloader
3 flash leaked RUU 3.11.605.22
4 unlock again
5 flash Amon Ra recovery
6 flash Scott's CleanROM ICS Edition Version 4.0
- enjoyed the week
- wanted to flash another rom
I put on the SD card RezROM_ICS_v3.1.zip and began to flash, forgetting the first re-lock, flash leaked RUU 3.11.605.22, unlock and then flash RezROM. (isn't it?)

Phone rebooted and there was a white HTC screen and nothing more.
Then I tried to fix it and flash leaked RUU 3.11.605.22 again (re-lock, put on the SD card PH98IMG.zip, flash, but after reboot I got the same white HTC screen and nothing)

pls someone could instruct me on the right path?:(

sd_ekt

Jan 24, 2012
Yekaterinburg
which means in Amon Ra recovery:

E: Can't mount /dev/block/mmcblk0p36 (File exists)
E: Can't mount CACHE: recovery/command
E: Can't mount CACHE: recovery/log
E: Can't open CACHE: recovery/log

and so after each attempt to flash any ROM

I can not understand what I do? pls help:confused:

sd_ekt

Jan 24, 2012
Yekaterinburg
Try pulling the battery & SD card, power up without SD. Do a factory reset. Are you currently in an unlocked state with a fresh .22 RUU installed?

now I can not really answer, because that I have tried many options to fix this.

I tried it, power up without sd card and battery - factory reset. but in recovery still:
E: Can't mount CACHE: recovery/command
E: Can't mount CACHE: recovery/log
E: Can't open CACHE: recovery/log

in fastboot following info:

TAMPERED
RELOCKED
Security Warning

VIGOR PVT SHIP S-ON RL
HBOOT-2.21.0000
RADIO-1.22.10.0310r/1.22.10.0308r
OpenDSP-v13.6.0.7611.00.0101
eMMC-boot
Mar 11 2012

I also tried to flash original RUU_Vigor_VERIZON_WWE_2.01.605.11_Radio_RS_0.95.00 .1123r_3161E_9K_QMR_release_233635_signed.exe, but when I click the button to proceed and I get an error message stating it failed due to an invalid signature.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    do you understand what brick means???

you are simply having user error.
    Please re-name this thread!
    Now wait. You were able to ruu back from the latest .22 leak ?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using XDA

I flashed Stock Rooted ROM 2.01.605.11, then re-lock, flash leak 3.11.605.22, unlock again and flash CleanROM 4.2. Normally works:)

I didn't try about RUU_2.01.605.11.EXE
    To me, it sounds like your ROM and kernel aren't matching up. If you could do a complete wipe and load a new custom ROM (Nils was always my favorite) it will come with a kernel that should get you up and running.

...my $.02
    Oh my god, thank you! I can access fastboot and developer menu. So should I go into recovery and wipe internal? What if then just flashed the RUU 4.03.605.2? Just need to get back to stock status. I then root from there, Not into custom roms.

If I could Hboot flash the RUU I should be good to go, correct?
    Since you are s-on you won't be able to flash that RUU since you are updated to later firmware.

There's a stock ROM based off the latest OTA here:
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=40949419&postcount=11
    You can pull the boot.img from that and flash it in fastboot:
    fastboot flash boot boot.img

Or just flash the ROM.

Hopefully that gets you up and running.