FM radio CAB?

Search This thread

pdagal

Jul 5, 2004
Texas
www.mobiletechreview.com
Guys and gals,
Might someone post a CAB of the Diamond's FM radio application. I'd like to test and see if it works on the US 3G Diamond (which doesn't include the FM radio app).

thanks!

Lisa

pdagal

Jul 5, 2004
Texas
www.mobiletechreview.com
Awesome-- thanks! The app runs fine but dumb me, I'm at a trade show and negected to bring the headset (aka antenna). Will test tomorrow evening and report back how well the radio works in terms of reception.

keirmeister

Oct 22, 2006
I installed the FM Radio CAB on my US Diamond, and it works perfectly. Wow, I totally forgot they had FM radio, so this was a pleasant surprise.

It needs something plugged into the USB port, but I just use my USB-audio plug adapter, and it works fine through the speaker.

pdagal

Jul 5, 2004
Texas
www.mobiletechreview.com
OK, I'm back now and have my headset. It works-- listening to NPR right now :). Not the most impressive reception (some light static indoors) but it works about as well as the original Diamond. Thanks again for posting that CAB file so quickly!

steb0ne

May 28, 2007
Thanks for the post, just installed it on my Sprint Diamond, will test later.

I wish someone could rip the TV out off the Pro. I was told there was a hard ware difference that makes it possible, but I don't believe it. HTC and Sprint probably just didn't want to include it to make the Pro seem more feature packed.

StormRider500

Jan 5, 2008
would someone please let me know if they got the fm cab to work on the sprint htc diamond?? i downloaded it plugged in the headset for reception and it just doesnt work.am i doing somthing wrong?????

would someone please let me know if they got the fm cab to work on the sprint htc diamond?? i downloaded it plugged in the headset for reception and it just doesnt work.am i doing somthing wrong?????

Sprint Diamond does not have the internal tuner, which is the only thing that would be needed after this cab and the antenna which is just a USB plug. Other have been trying to figure this out and just ended up realizing that it doesnt have hall the necessary hardware.

michaelgauthier

May 13, 2006
Diamond FM radio app

Thanks for posting the app - I have the Canadian Telus version of the Diamond, and I get the Unexpected Error trying to run the app. Sometimes it will get past that and actually shows the radio interface, but none of the buttons work :-(

Too bad...

Mike G

Black93300ZX

Jul 23, 2008
Brooklyn
Thanks for the post, just installed it on my Sprint Diamond, will test later.

I wish someone could rip the TV out off the Pro. I was told there was a hard ware difference that makes it possible, but I don't believe it. HTC and Sprint probably just didn't want to include it to make the Pro seem more feature packed.

Once again, courtesy of Sub69... I posted it in another spot on my other user name, I'm not gonna attach it here and waste space.

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=2692292&postcount=204