urgent help required : crushed incredible

Search This thread

micho119

Sep 10, 2011
hi everyone,
i am having a really bad day.

I had incredible s stock 4.0.4 installed, unlocked, s-on, hboot 2.002

I've tried to download the latest 4.4.2 rom i found in the forum, the device showed the update is completed, then the device restarted and froze on HTC screen.

I've tried to install other roms and it didn't work as well, moreover, the device can not be detected by pc without a reason.

I've cleared all caches by the way.. any one can help !

RmatriX1218

Feb 2, 2012
vadodara

Since you are telling device is not detected in PC,
I can safely assume that you are not flashing boot.img through fastboot from PC.
If you are S-ON, you need to flash boot.img file of ROM you want to install through fastboot command...
fastboot flash boot boot.img
google it for more info.

And connect your phone, go to fastboot mode and check with command
fastboot devices
your device should be listed in fastboot mode
and if still not detecting by PC, then must be driver issue and it should have nothing to do with phone.

Jan 5, 2013
Since you are telling device is not detected in PC,
I can safely assume that you are not flashing boot.img through fastboot from PC.
If you are S-ON, you need to flash boot.img file of ROM you want to install through fastboot command...
fastboot flash boot boot.img
google it for more info.

And connect your phone, go to fastboot mode and check with command
fastboot devices
your device should be listed in fastboot mode
and if still not detecting by PC, then must be driver issue and it should have nothing to do with phone.

I just reread his post. Then reread yours. And I realized that the other guy's post doesn't really make much sense. I don't know if he is saying if his computer's USB port is broken. If so then use another one. Then I could also read it as His phone's USB port is broken, and in that case, he really is out of luck.

RmatriX1218

Feb 2, 2012
vadodara
I just reread his post. Then reread yours. And I realized that the other guy's post doesn't really make much sense. I don't know if he is saying if his computer's USB port is broken. If so then use another one. Then I could also read it as His phone's USB port is broken, and in that case, he really is out of luck.

Hey, lt's lot of guess work here and we need to hear from actual victim...
but let me put my basis..
from 1st post, I can assume that he doesn't know of fact that he need to flash boot image through fastboot.
Hence, I believe that he may even doesn't know what if fastboot.
And without any ROM installed, device can only be detected in fastboot.
So, I strongly believe, he need to try to detect device in fastboot mode and very less chances USB is broken.

Now lets wait to hear from OP guy.:D

azoz123456

Jan 21, 2012
Jeddah
in htc sunsation 4ext recovery there is a way to flash boot.img

try it :

1- go to 4ext recovery

2- select Tools

3- the last one is ( enable smart flash)>> click it once then flash ROM

I don't know if our 4ext recovery support this feature or not :)