Search This thread

emv1031

Nov 14, 2009
I've been searching XDA and Google up the wazoo looking for a way to do this... coming up blank, except for threads on other phones.... if it is there and I missed it please someone point me in the right direction! I'm looking for a way to allow my volume rocker to wake up the screen so that I can take a bit of the stress off the power button. Even better would be a way to wake the screen with a swype on the screen or on the softkeys, but I've been drawing a blank there too. I would like to accomplish this without having to go to a different rom (like CM), I like CM but on the LG I really like to keep some of the features that come on the stock rom (i.e. Qslide, quickmemo, lockscreen style)... so if this could be done maybe with a flashable zip, or a mod on a script or something that would be awesome.

Additionally I am wondering if there is a way to increase/decrease volume from the lockscreen. I know I can toggle between silent/vibrate/ring.... but if for example I select ring and the volume is low, I have no way to increase it without having to unlock the phone.

Already tried:
-numerous apps that are supposed to allow to wake the phone in customizable ways (none have worked)
-Lockscreen apps to allow volume rocker wake (even though I really just want to keep my stock lockscreen)
-modified a file called keypad_8064.kl to add WAKE after the volume up/down

Thanks!
p.s. sorry if this has been answered somewhere else, I've honestly been searching for two days with no luck
p.s. #2 if someone has any ideas or mods for the issue about the LED Notification frequency being so slow I would greatly appreciate it too. I did find threads about it but none of the solutions worked for me. Tried different apps with no success too
ps.#3 I'm using SnowJB on 4.1.2

majinzen

Jul 25, 2010
Try Exposed + Gravity box. I know it says AOSP Roms but I use it on ATT Stock JB and most functions work. Haven't tried Volume wake though.

Sent from my LG-E970 using xda app-developers app

emv1031

Nov 14, 2009
Try Exposed + Gravity box. I know it says AOSP Roms but I use it on ATT Stock JB and most functions work. Haven't tried Volume wake though.

Thanks.... nice tool, although it doesn't have a volume wake option though. All it has is the option to disable volume wake (meaning if your phone already does it), but not to enable it. It did allow me to do something else I had been struggling with, but still at a loss about the volume wake thing.

emv1031

Nov 14, 2009
An apk would be awesome.... Care to share it?

kwyx1

Feb 22, 2014
If anybody finds any solution do post here.

---------- Post added at 02:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:28 AM ----------

Also share the apk, will try it out?

emv1031

Nov 14, 2009
BTW, on the issue of being able to control volume without waking the screen I installed this: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.firestorm.vc&hl=es

It sets the app in the notification tray (not the status bar) so that you can control volume levels from the notification area.... since you CAN drop down this while the screen is locked it pretty much does what I was looking for. I should also point out that if other notifications come in on the phone, this one moves down the list, giving room for the new ones, so it doesn't impact new notifications on your phone.

Top Liked Posts