News about Xperia z kit kat schedule so far...

Search This thread

princemarcus19

Jan 26, 2011
Bronx,NY
http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/android-4-4-kitkat-testing-scheduled-xperia-z-1437399

GOOD NEWS,

So apparently Sony is scheduling some testing on kit kat for the Xperia z link and pic for proof lol. HoHopefully this update release soon. meaning ultra is right behind it. Should be no difference in kit kat update really.

BAD NEWS,

no one knows exactly how long testing will take n when this update will
be ready.

So soon guys.: )

Sent from my C6833 using xda app-developers app

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1393208155201.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1393208155201.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 856
Last edited:

LordManhattan

Oct 20, 2007
Kepler-34b
Yeah, KK has been in the testing phase for some time now, but we don't know where in the process they are. I really wish Sony had an awesome site like HTC when it comes to updates. It doesn't say when it will get released, but it gives its users some hints (imaged bellow).

HTC also made an infographic about their update procedures, and i guess most Android OEMs have to go through all of this, so my guess is that Sony is pretty far down the list, and it's only a matter of days/week until we get KK.

Edit: Just remembered that Sony is unveiling some new stuff at MWC later today/tomorrow, and i guess we'll see the Sony "Sirius" (Z2) with Kit Kat, so again, we'll get it very soon.

d9VAxSf.png

Last edited:

atrix2

Jun 9, 2012
Negeri Sembilan
Hope they release it with different ui so I will not feel bored with my bored phone?

Sent from my C6806_GPe using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

princemarcus19

Jan 26, 2011
Bronx,NY
Yeah, KK has been in the testing phase for some time now, but we don't know where in the process they are. I really wish Sony had an awesome site like HTC when it comes to updates. It doesn't say when it will get released, but it gives its users some hints (imaged bellow).

HTC also made an infographic about their update procedures, and i guess most Android OEMs have to go through all of this, so my guess is that Sony is pretty far down the list, and it's only a matter of days/week until we get KK.

Edit: Just remembered that Sony is unveiling some new stuff at MWC later today/tomorrow, and i guess we'll see the Sony "Sirius" (Z2) with Kit Kat, so again, we'll get it very soon.

d9VAxSf.png

I see what you mean. Sony don't like to share information bout nothing until they know it's ready. I forgot bout MWC

princemarcus19

Jan 26, 2011
Bronx,NY
So as I was watching reviews on YouTube bout z2, notting different besides options of 2 launcher to choose from which no one has shown makes me wonder if kit kit gonna be worth the wait.

LordManhattan

Oct 20, 2007
Kepler-34b
So as I was watching reviews on YouTube bout z2, notting different besides options of 2 launcher to choose from which no one has shown makes me wonder if kit kit gonna be worth the wait.

There's a 12 minute long video of the Z2 out there which goes through pretty much everything, and there is a fair bit of change there. I can't remember everything, or anything at all, but do expect "tap to wake", new launcher(s), other new or changed UI elements, and let's not forget that KitKat runs much better than 4.3, since it's minimum requirement is down at 512MB RAM.

It's not the biggest OS update ever, but there are some nice little details there that makes it awesome.

Here's the 12 minute video I'm talking about. I know it's kind of weird to watch a video of a leaked device that has been publicly announced now, but it's a nice video for us to see what we can expect to see in our own KitKat build.

http://www.phonedog.com/2014/02/17/...503-sirius-video-demo-xperia-z2-tablet-specs/

Sent from my C6833 using Tapatalk

joulukas

Apr 9, 2012
Tallinn
Well, carrier called SFR has revealed KitKat update plan for some models. Our "Monster" is also in that list, but the news are not as "creamy-unicorn-rainbow" as expected.

Ultra is to recieve KitKat treatment in April 2014, which us about 2 months more as I was hoping. http://www.gsmarena.com/carrier_sfr...e_plans_for_lg_g2_xperia_phones-news-7939.php

Hopefully this means only our french comrades have to hold on to JB that long and rest of us will get munchin on stock "KitKat bar" in march.

Last edited:

Keoregh

Feb 25, 2013
Lambersart
www.guitar-pro.com
Well, carrier called SFR has revealed KitKat update plan for some models. Our "Monster" is also in that list, but the news are not as "creamy-unicorn-rainbow" as expected.

Ultra is to recieve KitKat treatment in April 2014, which us about 2 months more as I was hoping. http://www.gsmarena.com/carrier_sfr...e_plans_for_lg_g2_xperia_phones-news-7939.php

Hopefully this means only our french comrades have to hold on to JB that long and rest of us will get munchin on stock "KitKat bar" in march.

Maybe SFR plan to release it in 2 months cause they need time to add their own features to the OS?
Wait and see :)

princemarcus19

Jan 26, 2011
Bronx,NY
lol playing the waiting game ,April right around the conner, it's already March Lol.. thanks for sharing this, hopefully Sony sticks with April.

princemarcus19

Jan 26, 2011
Bronx,NY
So wait I though Xperia z Ultra was already unlocked so we wouldn't have to wait on carrier for latest update. If SFR getting it April ,we might get it mid March into April. Wonder if SFR had some deal with Sony to have Xperia z ultra under there brand.....

Update: so apparently SFR( Which is a France mobile company)has there own version of the ultra so yes guys you are correct on putting there own touch on the kit kat update

So Yea we might start seeing the update roll out mid March into April.

link is just to show that they do have there own version of ultra.

http://www.sfr.fr/mobile/telephone-portable/Xperia-Z-Ultra-SONY?vue=000029

I find this interesting cause I though this phone was straight factory unlocked for all.

But also this company just gave us the deadline of release for kit kat. Which is Kool.

LordManhattan

Oct 20, 2007
Kepler-34b
So wait I though Xperia z Ultra was already unlocked so we wouldn't have to wait on carrier for latest update. If SFR getting it April ,we might get it mid March into April. Wonder if SFR had some deal with Sony to have Xperia z ultra under there brand.....

Update: so apparently SFR( Which is a France mobile company)has there own version of the ultra so yes guys you are correct on putting there own touch on the kit kat update

So Yea we might start seeing the update roll out mid March into April.

link is just to show that they do have there own version of ultra.

http://www.sfr.fr/mobile/telephone-portable/Xperia-Z-Ultra-SONY?vue=000029

I find this interesting cause I though this phone was straight factory unlocked for all.

But also this company just gave us the deadline of release for kit kat. Which is Kool.

Yeah, i believe SFR and some other carriers add their apps and **** to firmwares, but most of us around here have the unlocked international version (without carrier bloat), and i guess we'll get it a little earlier than the ones with carrier locked devices.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

There's a 12 minute long video of the Z2 out there which goes through pretty much everything, and there is a fair bit of change there. I can't remember everything, or anything at all, but do expect "tap to wake", new launcher(s), other new or changed UI elements, and let's not forget that KitKat runs much better than 4.3, since it's minimum requirement is down at 512MB RAM.

It's not the biggest OS update ever, but there are some nice little details there that makes it awesome.

Here's the 12 minute video I'm talking about. I know it's kind of weird to watch a video of a leaked device that has been publicly announced now, but it's a nice video for us to see what we can expect to see in our own KitKat build.

http://www.phonedog.com/2014/02/17/...503-sirius-video-demo-xperia-z2-tablet-specs/

Sent from my C6833 using Tapatalk