Modems?

Search This thread

dopediculous

Feb 21, 2011
Columbus
So I was on a 4.2.2 build for the longest time and wanted to check out a KitKat ROM. So after flashing it and not caring too much for it, I went back to my backup only to find out that I have no cell service.

Can someone tell me what I need to flash via Odin or possibly recovery to get my cell service back?
I'm on beans7 with 4.2.2.
Thanks XDA peeps! Much appreciated!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Mistertac

Oct 22, 2013
Springfield, Ma
So I was on a 4.2.2 build for the longest time and wanted to check out a KitKat ROM. So after flashing it and not caring too much for it, I went back to my backup only to find out that I have no cell service.

Can someone tell me what I need to flash via Odin or possibly recovery to get my cell service back?
I'm on beans7 with 4.2.2.
Thanks XDA peeps! Much appreciated!

Go here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2487298

And grab one of the modem only files and flash in whatever recovery your using. I'm on NC5 and it's treated me well.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

dopediculous

Feb 21, 2011
Columbus
Go here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2487298

And grab one of the modem only files and flash in whatever recovery your using. I'm on NC5 and it's treated me well.

So here's what I have and I've tried a few different modems from that link and no matter what, it still boots, but no cell service. Any ideas? I've tried both ME7s regular and non and even an MDK stock, but no luck :-\

Attachments

• 1400608802743.jpg
    1400608802743.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 19

Mistertac

Oct 22, 2013
Springfield, Ma
So here's what I have and I've tried a few different modems from that link and no matter what, it still boots, but no cell service. Any ideas? I've tried both ME7s regular and non and even an MDK stock, but no luck :-\

Since your on MDK have you tried flashing the MDK non-hlos modem? Not just the " modem only " one.

Usually flashing a new ROM doesn't effect your modem at all so I'd usually say that it's the ROM that's the problem. But since you've been trying different modems to try and fix the problem it may good to try the non-hlos one. Also make sure whatever recovery your using is up to date.

I've had to flash the MDK non-hlos then I used the phone for a few days and ended up flashing the NC5 one without issue.