HELP -I Locked myself out of my phone!

Search This thread

adeyo

Mar 31, 2008
Lynchburg, VA
ok, so my work requires me to use a password to lock my phone in order to enable my microsoft exchange (push email) on my phone. I recently installed and tested voice texting. Only problem is, when my phone went to sleep and i tried unlock it, the voice texting program was set as the input method. But it runs as a program so my lock is preventing it from running and thereby preventing me from entering any numbers/letters to unlock my phone!! when i longpress on the input field it won't allow me to change to another keyboard. WHAT CAN I DO?? Please help.

Thanks!:confused:

MrDSL

Nov 17, 2006
ok, so my work requires me to use a password to lock my phone in order to enable my microsoft exchange (push email) on my phone. I recently installed and tested voice texting. Only problem is, when my phone went to sleep and i tried unlock it, the voice texting program was set as the input method. But it runs as a program so my lock is preventing it from running and thereby preventing me from entering any numbers/letters to unlock my phone!! when i longpress on the input field it won't allow me to change to another keyboard. WHAT CAN I DO?? Please help.

Thanks!:confused:

I suppose a complete wipe would work. I'm sure you have a backup right?

adeyo

Mar 31, 2008
Lynchburg, VA
thanks, but now what?

+1
Seems like the most up front way.
adb reboot recovery >> boot recovery console >> restore nandroid backup

well...:eek: no backup yet...i haven't rooted yet b/c my confidence isn't there yet either. Hard reset?? Ok, so if i want to do it right, how would i backup my entire phone -what do you recommend. I guess now that i will have to hard reset it i might as well figure out how to do a complete backup. (also, not really familiar with adb, but i can read -any pointers??)

TheBiles

Jan 27, 2010
North Carolina
www.flickr.com
well...:eek: no backup yet...i haven't rooted yet b/c my confidence isn't there yet either. Hard reset?? Ok, so if i want to do it right, how would i backup my entire phone -what do you recommend. I guess now that i will have to hard reset it i might as well figure out how to do a complete backup. (also, not really familiar with adb, but i can read -any pointers??)

You have no excuse not to root! :D

adeyo

Mar 31, 2008
Lynchburg, VA
thanks!

I suppose a complete wipe would work. I'm sure you have a backup right?

:eek: so, i did a hard reset. any backup program (apps2sd, mobile defense, etc that you recommend?...or just a nandroid backup?) I don't really know what is best and easiest to restore.

Now that i see my need to root/backup...
@ danknee -thanks! looks like flipz rom is one i would like.
@ TheBiles -you are right -no excuse anymore! that is awesome and simple enough for even me!!
***by the way, swype is awesome!!! thanks for posting that. i never would have thought it could have been that much faster!

Thanks again you guys for responding!!

Last edited: