[DSP + APOLO] Working equalizer for stock rom !

Search This thread

alin razvan

May 5, 2013
Timisoara
Hellow all s3 mini stock users :D .

Tired about the "low" volume of your phone ?

I have tried lots of custom roms only for trying to increase the sound .

I have tried multiple mods trying to increase the volume ,
but since nothing worked for me i have created my own "mod" .

The files / binary were imported from CM10 .

gxQMSVF.png

The orange template for apolo was donwloaded from playstore [apolo ubuntu] .

Flash zip content :

- Apolo Music Player .
- Dsp Manager .
- Working binary and configs for equalizer.

HOW TO INSTALL ?

- Place the zip file on your external sd and flash it via cwm .
- Delete cache + dalvik cache
- Reboot.

Enjoy and hit thanks if you have searched for this :laugh:.

Make sure to backup your rom before flasing this , in case you want to revert back , but i'm sure you won't :D

Note that the effects are working only within apolo player :)

If you want to be able to access equalizer from apolo music player follow this steps :

Go to : Settings > Sounds > Effects and select DSP as default .

Whohoooo i got high :))) ( In volume) .

UPDATE NEW IMPROVED APK + SOME BINARY MODS .

Apk got from :
#olokos < Thanks for this one !
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2625426

The flashable zip was updated , it does all on its own , delete old content + bin , upload new ones , clear cache + dalvik & reboot .

Put it on your exernal sd card , flash it via cwm , you can install this one even if you have installed the first zip archive because it will remove
old content so no need to worry about that .

The new zip does also install new template for apollo (HoloLightTheme) access settings in the apollo menu and select it

XIqBYTV.png

New transparent widget :D !!

[NEW] FOR USERS WHO WANT TO KEEP THEIR "DOWNLOAD DISPLAY" AS "OFFICIAL" USE [THIS METHOD] TO ROOT YOUR DEVICE ON THE STOCK ROM , THAN INSTALL [THIS APP] FOR FLASHING THE xSoundFx_latest.zip FILE WITHOUT CWM > RESTART PHONE AFTER FLASHING THE ZIP THROUGH THAT APP.

Attachments

• xSoundFx.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 303
  • xSoundFx_latest.zip
    2.9 MB · Views: 668
Last edited:

alin razvan

May 5, 2013
Timisoara
########### BUGS ###########
- it seems it has some bugs on profile switching .
(i have used the player via bluetooth after listening some time i disconnect it , and hit play on the speaker the profile on dsp is still bluetooth i was needed to plugin the jack > play > and pull it back after that play again on speaker < is on speaker profile now >

Last edited:

Lefl

Jun 21, 2014
Does DSP work also on other Apps like Groovemobile? or just on Apollo?

alin razvan

May 5, 2013
Timisoara
Does DSP work also on other Apps like Groovemobile? or just on Apollo?

Apolo only , thats why i packed the zip with that player .

The thing is that i do not really know which files does also need to be included so this can work globally ,
if there's someone who can take a look on the zip file and help with patching i will gladly appreciate it . :victory:

Last edited:

alin razvan

May 5, 2013
Timisoara
Sorry for the offtopic, but, you can also install Viper4Android, it will work with any multimedia player in any android version, and will make your phone sound awesome :laugh:

To be honest the sound provided by this mod (from this thread) hears hell louder than the "viper plugin" you mentioned , i just tested viper plugin even with the apolo player and the sound is "low" although it has more "effects" than this mod that beeing said i will rather use this + apolo player for high volume !

Raeshabu

Jun 7, 2014
Las Piñas
Thanks for this, man. A quick question, will this work on other devices [ex. Xperia E1, LG Optimus LTE]?

And,

If you want to be able to access equalizer from apolo music player follow this steps :

How would I achieve this? I don't have the Effects chooser on system settings. I'm on Virginity V14.

Cheers,
Rae

alin razvan

May 5, 2013
Timisoara
Thanks for this, man. A quick question, will this work on other devices [ex. Xperia E1, LG Optimus LTE]?

And,

How would I achieve this? I don't have the Effects chooser on system settings. I'm on Virginity V14.

Cheers,
Rae

I do not know if will run or not ... most likely not , because the library was taken from cm10 and the zip was created based on s3mini stock rom structure to delete "stock" sound library and replace with the one from cm10 .

" Effects chooser " will appear after you flash the zip file ... since you have 2 sound effects installed the "choose" option will appear .

Screenshot here : http://i.imgur.com/nOHGkVd.png

Reactions: Raeshabu

Raeshabu

Jun 7, 2014
Las Piñas
I do not know if will run or not ... most likely not , because the library was taken from cm10 and the zip was created based on s3mini stock rom structure to delete "stock" sound library and replace with the one from cm10 .

" Effects chooser " will appear after you flash the zip file ... since you have 2 sound effects installed the "choose" option will appear .

Oh, that's why I didn't have the option. I unchecked MusicFX when installing Virginity. Thanks man. :good:

LuuchoRocha

Nov 21, 2013
To be honest the sound provided by this mod (from this thread) hears hell louder than the "viper plugin" you mentioned , i just tested viper plugin even with the apolo player and the sound is "low" although it has more "effects" than this mod that beeing said i will rather use this + apolo player for high volume !

Sure, everyone to his own taste :cyclops:

Anyway, some of the Viper4Android code is based on CM DSP Manager and, I think, if you set output gain to +6 dB and you set control gain to extreme to compress signal, it will sound louder than ever!

Reactions: alin razvan

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hellow all s3 mini stock users :D .

Tired about the "low" volume of your phone ?

I have tried lots of custom roms only for trying to increase the sound .

I have tried multiple mods trying to increase the volume ,
    but since nothing worked for me i have created my own "mod" .

The files / binary were imported from CM10 .

gxQMSVF.png

The orange template for apolo was donwloaded from playstore [apolo ubuntu] .

Flash zip content :

- Apolo Music Player .
    - Dsp Manager .
    - Working binary and configs for equalizer.

HOW TO INSTALL ?

- Place the zip file on your external sd and flash it via cwm .
    - Delete cache + dalvik cache
    - Reboot.

Enjoy and hit thanks if you have searched for this :laugh:.

Make sure to backup your rom before flasing this , in case you want to revert back , but i'm sure you won't :D

Note that the effects are working only within apolo player :)

Whohoooo i got high :))) ( In volume) .

UPDATE NEW IMPROVED APK + SOME BINARY MODS .

Apk got from :
    #olokos < Thanks for this one !
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2625426

The flashable zip was updated , it does all on its own , delete old content + bin , upload new ones , clear cache + dalvik & reboot .

Put it on your exernal sd card , flash it via cwm , you can install this one even if you have installed the first zip archive because it will remove
    old content so no need to worry about that .

The new zip does also install new template for apollo (HoloLightTheme) access settings in the apollo menu and select it

XIqBYTV.png

New transparent widget :D !!

[NEW] FOR USERS WHO WANT TO KEEP THEIR "DOWNLOAD DISPLAY" AS "OFFICIAL" USE [THIS METHOD] TO ROOT YOUR DEVICE ON THE STOCK ROM , THAN INSTALL [THIS APP] FOR FLASHING THE xSoundFx_latest.zip FILE WITHOUT CWM > RESTART PHONE AFTER FLASHING THE ZIP THROUGH THAT APP.
    Sorry for the offtopic, but, you can also install Viper4Android, it will work with any multimedia player in any android version, and will make your phone sound awesome :laugh:

And,

Cheers,
    Rae

Sure, everyone to his own taste :cyclops:

Anyway, some of the Viper4Android code is based on CM DSP Manager and, I think, if you set output gain to +6 dB and you set control gain to extreme to compress signal, it will sound louder than ever!