Replacing T-mobile ROM with Generic HTC ROM

Search This thread

SGTDavePwnage

Nov 9, 2008
Ive just installed a generic HTC rom over the top of the T-mobile rom pre-installed on the device.

I will check whether the things that everyone is reporting to be missing from the t-mobile rom are now working

UPDATE:
This rom does not seem to add any major features, it pretty much the same but without all the t-mobile branding

**NEW URL**
http://androidfiledepot.com/Storage...io_32.30.00.28U_4.05.00.11_release_121865.exe

Last edited:

SGTDavePwnage

Nov 9, 2008
OK, i take no responsibility if you brick your new phone if you do this

This update will remove all t-mobile branding from your handset. Should you have problems with your handset you will need to find a t-mobile rom to reinstall onto the device before returning to t-mobile for repair.

You will need a Goldcard and the following rom http://androidfiledepot.com/Storage...io_32.30.00.28U_4.05.00.11_release_121865.exe

Once you have created a goldcard insert it into your phone and start it up, then run the exe file listed above.
This will install the HTC rom onto your device and will remove all the t-mobile branding (apart from the sim lock)

Ive only spent about 10 mins testing the device since the update but everything seems fine.

If anyone is:
1. Concerned about the current lack of a t-mobile rom to undo changes this rom would make
2. is unsure of how to install the rom
3. Doesnt see the point of installing this rom
I would recomend that you simply DONT install this rom

PS...For those of you who want the 3d Gallery from the Nexus1 on your Desire you can simply install the 3dGallery.apk in the normal way

Last edited:

nintendolinky

May 7, 2009
Wakefield, West Yorkshire
Just interested but is this rom newer than the one we are using at the moment, also, I created a Goldcard for my hero a few months back is it the same thing for this, or do you have access to a guide, also doesn't a goldcard technically allow us to install custom roms onto the desire.

SGTDavePwnage

Nov 9, 2008
Just interested but is this rom newer than the one we are using at the moment, also, I created a Goldcard for my hero a few months back is it the same thing for this, or do you have access to a guide, also doesn't a goldcard technically allow us to install custom roms onto the desire.

The one linked to in my post does indeed appear to be newer, ive noticed a virgin media icon which was easily removed. It seems that although it is listed as a stock ROM its not a fully stock htc ROM after all.

All T-mobile branding is gone obviously.

I just used an old Goldcard that was created for either my Hero or Dream

thedalmeny

Jul 27, 2008
Hardly anything T-Mobile on it... Not sure what the benefit of flashing is tbh...

I won't be flashing the ROM, not until there is a clear benefit to actually doing it..

Jabbypants

Aug 27, 2009
West Midlands
I still don't think there is any T-mobile stuff on it, if it was branded with there crap it would come in a T-Mobile box, as far as i can see its the Desire that i have seen on the net.

The changes in sense is down to htc same with everything else, all these phones are is sim locked imo.

thedalmeny

Jul 27, 2008
These are the 2 differences I've noticed so far:

T-Mobile Bootup Animation
Browser icon has WNW over it (web n walk)

Yerp - and a new ROM won't remove the T-Mobile boot up screen..

So i think anyone flashing a new ROM is slightly insane - just to remove a w'n'w icon... As it really is very very small.

Nowt else on there T-Mobile wise

SGTDavePwnage

Nov 9, 2008
Yerp - and a new ROM won't remove the T-Mobile boot up screen..

So i think anyone flashing a new ROM is slightly insane - just to remove a w'n'w icon... As it really is very very small.

Nowt else on there T-Mobile wise

Errr. Yes it will remove everything t-mobile as its a full ROM.
Everything changes to HTC's logos

SGTDavePwnage

Nov 9, 2008
Will it? I've flashed dozens of ROMs onto my G1, and I still have the original T-Mobile splash screen every time it boots.

Yes, if you flash a FULL rom it flashes everything. The radio, boot logos the lot.

Im not going to be flashing it every day, just the once to get rid of all the logos.

If you dont want to flash it then DONT. At least if people know that they have the option they can decide for themselves.

As for the people moaning about the risk, that's your choice...but I bet your going to flash a similar update in the near future

PS..I find it interesting that ppl are happy to moan at someone who was willing to try installing a new rom that could have included new things, yet most likely wouldn't have attempted the experement themselves

Last edited: