Atrix Lapdock

Search This thread

jsnweitzel

Apr 22, 2012
South Carolina
Looks like with some mods it should. A quick search on xda and its been done with the Razr and a guy on android central claims to have done so with the D4. I can't post the link but it turned up pretty quick on search.

Reactions: kwyrt

redddog

Jul 27, 2011
Apparently, the mod is super easy and involves 2 screws and shaving some plastic.

Hell, for $65, shipped why the hell not? Trigger pulled.

jbeazell

Apr 14, 2011
Does anyone know if this will work with the D4? Seems like a pretty good deal if it does! http://1saleaday.com/wireless/

Wow...that's a REALLY good deal :) the mod does look really easy. According to what the other site says (I googled 'atrix 4g lapdock with droid 4' and found it), the hdmi and usb ports are in the right place, but flipped upside down. all you have to do is unscrew them, square some plastic, and flip them.

The poster does say that a 'media center' app is missing, but I'm sure that with a bit of hunting, one could find it or a replacement.

thanks!

jsnweitzel

Apr 22, 2012
South Carolina
Over on the droid forums a guy is using the bionic lapdock with his D4 just sits a little off center but no mod needed. Its $80 at bens outlet shipped. I would expect the mod for the atrix version will void the warranty.

nowell29

Feb 4, 2009
Phoenix
OnePlus 7 Pro
Google Pixel 4
uploadfromtaptalk1336110848046.jpg
Notice the round sticker that covers the screws. One on each side.
uploadfromtaptalk1336110909811.jpg
Remove this retainer that is molded for the Atrix, it is not needed, nor will it fit the D4.
uploadfromtaptalk1336111001642.jpg
Once you pop off the piece of plastic that holds the connectors, flip them upside down and put them back in. That being said, I took the tip of my pocket knife and carefully carved an appropriate shape for the connector. The holes are stamped or molded to only fit one way, but with a sharp tip, and only a small amount of pressure, you can shave that away enough.
The connectors (USB/HDMI) stay in their same spot, but are just upside down. Now carefully put the wires back in place, and replace the plastic cradle piece, and replace the screws.
I did not take a picture of that step, but I wish I had. If it is requested, I could tear this down again for that picture. :) Happy modding!

Note: unfortunately, this lapdock does not recognize two finger gestures like the 100 and 500 does :(, but it does allow for tap and hold to drag things around, like screen touch or moving windows or items, etc. And it is a bigger screen than the 100, but smaller than the 500. No front facing camera as the 500 does.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk - on a modded Atrix lapdock

davidsonmg

Nov 12, 2011
Droid 3

Would this work on a Droid3? It looks like the ports are in the correct place, I am just not sure of the compatibility with the dock though? I saw the write up on TechRepublic. Thanks for the information, I love being able to get more out of my phone (even though the 3 sux)!!.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    uploadfromtaptalk1336110848046.jpg
    Notice the round sticker that covers the screws. One on each side.
    uploadfromtaptalk1336110909811.jpg
    Remove this retainer that is molded for the Atrix, it is not needed, nor will it fit the D4.
    uploadfromtaptalk1336111001642.jpg
    Once you pop off the piece of plastic that holds the connectors, flip them upside down and put them back in. That being said, I took the tip of my pocket knife and carefully carved an appropriate shape for the connector. The holes are stamped or molded to only fit one way, but with a sharp tip, and only a small amount of pressure, you can shave that away enough.
    The connectors (USB/HDMI) stay in their same spot, but are just upside down. Now carefully put the wires back in place, and replace the plastic cradle piece, and replace the screws.
    I did not take a picture of that step, but I wish I had. If it is requested, I could tear this down again for that picture. :) Happy modding!

Note: unfortunately, this lapdock does not recognize two finger gestures like the 100 and 500 does :(, but it does allow for tap and hold to drag things around, like screen touch or moving windows or items, etc. And it is a bigger screen than the 100, but smaller than the 500. No front facing camera as the 500 does.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk - on a modded Atrix lapdock
    Looks like with some mods it should. A quick search on xda and its been done with the Razr and a guy on android central claims to have done so with the D4. I can't post the link but it turned up pretty quick on search.