Android L - Sdcard error specific thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Ben36

Jun 8, 2012
I know it's another L thread but bare with me!

I'd like to figure out (without all the other chat getting mixed up with the other threads) the sdcard missing error issue as it's bugging the hell out of me and others...

disclaimer - yes i know it's a preview! But.... We all have the same device coming from the same firmware to the same firmware...

when I first flashed L from vomer's zip, with the then modified boot.img and su zip everything was fine. I could use the camera, see my files and pictures in the photos app etc.

Then I went back to 4.4.4, ever since if I try to flash L. Either with the new su zip not needed modified boot.img. Or the original way including it. I just get sdcard missing in camera. No files seen in photos or any file exporer.
And I know others have too.
I've tried the 3 different restorecon commands in terminal emulator that's been floating around etc but always nothing..

So what's the defining difference??
Why could i see it fine the first flash but never again since??

I know some have no issues what so ever where as others have had to do full wipes for it to be seen.

But we all have the same phone, same hardware and same firmware??

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Andrew025

Jan 8, 2011
Portland, Or
I flashed L, got tired of it, restored my backup 4.4.4 ROM and had no issues. Flashed L again, but this time I didn't restore a backup, just clean flashed my 4.4.4 ROM and now I'm getting the no SD card error as well.

DigitalUnderground

Oct 4, 2012
I did the same thing. Ran L for a couple of days, made a backup and restored slimkat just fine. Went to restore L backup and it wouldn't boot and it screwed up my partitions. So now I just backed up my SD card (the one showing my stuff actually in it lol) and will be restoring to stock and starting over tonight to hopefully fix partitioning issue

simms22

Recognized Contributor - R.I.P
Jun 4, 2009
BROOKLYN!
www.androidcommunity.com
first time I flashed, it was a dirty flash, and all was fine, just the pulldown wouldn't go down all the way. second time i flashed, I "lost" my storage. but I was in recovery(twrp) playing around with their file explorer, and accidentally found all my storage/files. I booted up, used root explorer to move all my files manually from the original location that got moved, to the new location where they should be. everything was fine after.

Reactions: Ben36

momulah

May 4, 2009
Op-Town
Don't know y exactly but flashing the user data.img works to get SD card corrected. I'd wipe everything including data then flash vomers zip and the user data.img that's posted I believe on page 23..

Reactions: Ben36

Ben36

Jun 8, 2012
Don't know y exactly but flashing the user data.img works to get SD card corrected. I'd wipe everything including data then flash vomers zip and the user data.img that's posted I believe on page 23..

I know we can do that. But this is more to figure out why second time flashing screws the internal memory up?

TheLastSidekick

Recognized Contributor
Aug 4, 2012
Same exact problem as me. @Ben36 I played around with Restorecon /data/media/0/* and it bit me. I wasn't able to boot up in MultiROM. Mananged to boot into 4.4.4 by way of erasing internal ROM. Backed up my install, and flash-all L image.

I'll agree that the Sdcard issue is HELLA confusing. Good thread man.

Reactions: Splaktar
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I know it's another L thread but bare with me!

I'd like to figure out (without all the other chat getting mixed up with the other threads) the sdcard missing error issue as it's bugging the hell out of me and others...

disclaimer - yes i know it's a preview! But.... We all have the same device coming from the same firmware to the same firmware...

when I first flashed L from vomer's zip, with the then modified boot.img and su zip everything was fine. I could use the camera, see my files and pictures in the photos app etc.

Then I went back to 4.4.4, ever since if I try to flash L. Either with the new su zip not needed modified boot.img. Or the original way including it. I just get sdcard missing in camera. No files seen in photos or any file exporer.
    And I know others have too.
    I've tried the 3 different restorecon commands in terminal emulator that's been floating around etc but always nothing..

So what's the defining difference??
    Why could i see it fine the first flash but never again since??

I know some have no issues what so ever where as others have had to do full wipes for it to be seen.

But we all have the same phone, same hardware and same firmware??

I flashed L, got tired of it, restored my backup 4.4.4 ROM and had no issues. Flashed L again, but this time I didn't restore a backup, just clean flashed my 4.4.4 ROM and now I'm getting the no SD card error as well.
    I did the same thing. Ran L for a couple of days, made a backup and restored slimkat just fine. Went to restore L backup and it wouldn't boot and it screwed up my partitions. So now I just backed up my SD card (the one showing my stuff actually in it lol) and will be restoring to stock and starting over tonight to hopefully fix partitioning issue
    first time I flashed, it was a dirty flash, and all was fine, just the pulldown wouldn't go down all the way. second time i flashed, I "lost" my storage. but I was in recovery(twrp) playing around with their file explorer, and accidentally found all my storage/files. I booted up, used root explorer to move all my files manually from the original location that got moved, to the new location where they should be. everything was fine after.