Unlocked Sprint HTC One on AT&T

Search This thread

KoolAidBigMan

Aug 17, 2008
I see this question asked a few times within other treads but wasn't ever really answered clearly in my situation. I have successfully network unlocked my Sprint HTC One. When I put the sim in I get no errors and dialing 4636 brings me to the menu where I can change to wcmda preferred..gsm only... etc.. The phone reads the phone number off the sim and lists it on this page as well. Heres my issue I have verified that phone will cover the same bands where I am so that should not be an issue. I can not get a signal with this phone with 2 different sims. I made sure I did all the obvious things with the settings, the APN's, flashed different radios, and tried different options is the 4636 menu. Ive used different roms as well...When I go to select or search for my network both options are grayed out.... I can connect to Verizon and I can connect to sprint towers but no Dice on ATT. I am currently on version 4.1.2 and have tried all available radios. Has anyone had success in the new York New Jersrey PA area with using this phone on ATT. If so what is the setup you are using.

ryoung4316

Jan 5, 2014
I see this question asked a few times within other treads but wasn't ever really answered clearly in my situation. I have successfully network unlocked my Sprint HTC One. When I put the sim in I get no errors and dialing 4636 brings me to the menu where I can change to wcmda preferred..gsm only... etc.. The phone reads the phone number off the sim and lists it on this page as well. Heres my issue I have verified that phone will cover the same bands where I am so that should not be an issue. I can not get a signal with this phone with 2 different sims. I made sure I did all the obvious things with the settings, the APN's, flashed different radios, and tried different options is the 4636 menu. Ive used different roms as well...When I go to select or search for my network both options are grayed out.... I can connect to Verizon and I can connect to sprint towers but no Dice on ATT. I am currently on version 4.1.2 and have tried all available radios. Has anyone had success in the new York New Jersrey PA area with using this phone on ATT. If so what is the setup you are using.

The Sprint HTC one has blocked the carrier id's for domestic use aka att. You can however if your s-off you can flash the initial release radio the first radio when the Sprint HTC was released and it will allow you to connect to domestic carriers.

I'm in Ohio so not too far from you and I can pick up T-Mobile and att using the initial release radio, it is the only radio I could get to pick up signal.

Here is the first radio released http://d-h.st/HHD

Attachments

• 1391173999309.jpg
    1391173999309.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 236
  • 1391174082561.jpg
    1391174082561.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 226
Last edited:
Reactions: sharky481232

KoolAidBigMan

Aug 17, 2008
Im currently s-off and flashed that radios. When I select network connection the two options are still grayed out. Could the rom choice make any difference ?

wireproof

Jul 17, 2013
Cheney, WA
wireproof.net
Same here....help please

Sent from my HTCONE using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I am having the same issue with my Sprint HTC One. I've tried everything mentioned above and no one has answered. Are you guys still having this issue? And if not what did you do to fix it. I have a Sprint HTC One with S-Off, Unlocked Bootloader, the Radio that is listed here and the latest ViperOne 5.7.0 ROM. Thanks!

EDIT: My phone is unlocked and I have been using T-Mobile for the past month just fine, and want to try AT&T.

Last edited:

joem789

Apr 3, 2013
I am having the same issue with my Sprint HTC One. I've tried everything mentioned above and no one has answered. Are you guys still having this issue? And if not what did you do to fix it. I have a Sprint HTC One with S-Off, Unlocked Bootloader, the Radio that is listed here and the latest ViperOne 5.7.0 ROM. Thanks!

EDIT: My phone is unlocked and I have been using T-Mobile for the past month just fine, and want to try AT&T.

I have figured out a way to make AT&T work with the phone. When you place a Sprint or Verizon sim into the phone, it will immediately unlock the network search options that are normally greyed out. I click automatic select and immediately remove the sim and replace it with my AT&T one. Even though the phone complains that the sim was removed, I can click ok, then quickly push the automatic select again before it greys out. I then wait a minute or so until it fails to find a network. I then quickly click the network search option. The notable thing at this point is the only network that shows up is MARITIME. if I click on that, it registers me to AT&T. I have tested the phone and it works great. But it seems to bump me off the network at some point. I dont know if its poor reception or the ROM itself doing it. And if I restart the phone, I lose it as well. So I have to repeat the steps again to get back on AT&T. But the thing to know here is that the phone will work with domestic carriers with no problem. Its a matter of locking to AT&T and staying there. Surely one of the brilliant brains on these forums can figure out how to keep it working. I basically stumbled onto this by playing around with it.

wireproof

Jul 17, 2013
Cheney, WA
wireproof.net
I have figured out a way to make AT&T work with the phone. When you place a Sprint or Verizon sim into the phone, it will immediately unlock the network search options that are normally greyed out. I click automatic select and immediately remove the sim and replace it with my AT&T one. Even though the phone complains that the sim was removed, I can click ok, then quickly push the automatic select again before it greys out. I then wait a minute or so until it fails to find a network. I then quickly click the network search option. The notable thing at this point is the only network that shows up is MARITIME. if I click on that, it registers me to AT&T. I have tested the phone and it works great. But it seems to bump me off the network at some point. I dont know if its poor reception or the ROM itself doing it. And if I restart the phone, I lose it as well. So I have to repeat the steps again to get back on AT&T. But the thing to know here is that the phone will work with domestic carriers with no problem. Its a matter of locking to AT&T and staying there. Surely one of the brilliant brains on these forums can figure out how to keep it working. I basically stumbled onto this by playing around with it.

Good job finding that. When it kicks you off of AT&T's network it did that to me when I had T-Mobile as well, so it's not just AT&T. Glad you were able to get AT&T to work on your phone tho, kudos.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

The Sprint HTC one has blocked the carrier id's for domestic use aka att. You can however if your s-off you can flash the initial release radio the first radio when the Sprint HTC was released and it will allow you to connect to domestic carriers.

I'm in Ohio so not too far from you and I can pick up T-Mobile and att using the initial release radio, it is the only radio I could get to pick up signal.

Here is the first radio released http://d-h.st/HHD