[Tool][TLC]UpdatezipCreator

Search This thread

jgrimberg1979

May 16, 2010
D.C
I am not sure what that is but heck it definitely worth a shot. This program has a lot of potential. I can't wait to get it so it will do the whole process! ! Keep up the good work ma!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Allmaechtig

Feb 3, 2011
Brooklyn
I am getting the following when i try to create a *.zip
and the error is correct the file path that it is looking for is not there

Attachments

• CWM.PNG
    CWM.PNG
    34.5 KB · Views: 392

benzyniarz1

Mar 16, 2011
Warsaw

Nice, thanks :)

Are you using buuf icons!
Great piece of art!

bye

Yeah, It is a great piece of art.

I am getting the following when i try to create a *.zip
and the error is correct the file path that it is looking for is not there

Please try a new 1.0.0.5 version, I hope that bug is solved. It it fails, try to run it as admin.

Allmaechtig

Feb 3, 2011
Brooklyn
First i want to say thanks for all the hard work. this program came about just as i was start with a few of my hand written scripts...

so the error is gone but it is not creating the *.zip file.
There is a pop up window that states "File created succesfully" but there is not .zip in the filepath i named. This is also the same problem when it is pushing to my device... the adb commands run fine but no file is there... is there a debug mode or something like that that i can grab for you?

benzyniarz1

Mar 16, 2011
Warsaw
Thank you very much.

Could you check if a file C:\Users\kknobles\AppData\Local\Temp\UpdatezipCreator\update_not_signed.zip exists?
If yes, there could some problems with signing. I'll create log module and I'll update app in few hours.

Allmaechtig

Feb 3, 2011
Brooklyn
Yes it is there...
any other questions will have to wait till tomorrow...
I have to leave work now ...
i guess you posted that last one up while i was typing.... here is the new zip
where can i find the log that you are looking for?

Attachments

• update_not_signed.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 70
Last edited:
Reactions: benzyniarz1

benzyniarz1

Mar 16, 2011
Warsaw
It should be in the main directory of app.

Bug found!
I've changed the path of creating not signed archive to the local temp directory, but I forgot to change the variable that indicates the new path of that not signed archive, so signapk.jar was looking for this file in the main directory of app (it was a bug). Anyway, solved :) - app updated to 1.0.0.7.

Allmaechtig

Feb 3, 2011
Brooklyn
Awesome... its works
Zip created
pushed and boot recovery... work great

... now i only need to make my script work and then we will be all good

thank you so much again for this and for being so responsive

if i could have paypal (they dont like me much, its a bit of a sorted past) i would donate... if you were around me i would by you a beer or what ever

benzyniarz1

Mar 16, 2011
Warsaw
Awesome... its works
Zip created
pushed and boot recovery... work great

... now i only need to make my script work and then we will be all good

thank you so much again for this and for being so responsive

if i could have paypal (they dont like me much, its a bit of a sorted past) i would donate... if you were around me i would by you a beer or what ever

Thanks, users' feelings and requests are the most important :)

Perhaps we will meet in person each other some day, so small beer would be nice :)

foxdog66

Jul 28, 2010
this is for windows only, correct? im looking for something like this for linux (specifically fedora) if anyone knows a program id appreciate a link :)

benzyniarz1

Mar 16, 2011
Warsaw
this is for windows only, correct? im looking for something like this for linux (specifically fedora) if anyone knows a program id appreciate a link :)

Yeah, but you can compile it via Mono (with little changes). But I have no any linux installed and have no expierence with linux commands. When i get my notebook back, i'll install linux and try to make a proper version.

Sent from my GT-I5800 using xda premium

foxdog66

Jul 28, 2010
That would be cool man :) i've been around for a while but this is my first attempt at making a ROM. No clue how to properly package up a ROM but I did manage to get Zipthemer to do it for me :p

Orochi77

Oct 18, 2010
benzyniarz1, thank you for the program.

I get the following error: Error in update.zip (STATUS 6)
Installation aborted.

What can this mean?
Thank you.

benzyniarz1

Mar 16, 2011
Warsaw
That would be cool man :) i've been around for a while but this is my first attempt at making a ROM. No clue how to properly package up a ROM but I did manage to get Zipthemer to do it for me :p

Linux installed, If I have some time, I'll try to rebuild it and compile under the linux :)

benzyniarz1, thank you for the program.

I get the following error: Error in update.zip (STATUS 6)
Installation aborted.

What can this mean?
Thank you.

Which script are you using? I suppose it's edify. Are you using built-in template?

benzyniarz1

Mar 16, 2011
Warsaw
So...
App compiled on a Linux, but there is problem - a dll library that app uses for making zip files is not compatible with linux..
My time is very limited now, but maybe I'll find some free time to rebuild ThemeUpdateCreator in... java.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The Team Lambent Corrosion member presents:
    UpdatezipCreator

I've found some time to build a new app that can create updates (as zip archive flashable via recovery).

Features:
    -Simply to use interface
    -Edify & Amend scripts
    -Automatic signing
    -Signing single ZIPs
    -Drag&Drop

I hope that app will work without any bugs :)

Changelog:
    -adding update-binary to edify scripts (possibility of choosing own update-binary)
    -added default scripts for edify scripts
    -settings not stored in my documents

-Adding folders
    -Drag&Drop
    -Signing single zip archive

-Fixed bug with the wrong name of edify scripts

-Not signed archive is kept in temporary directory
    -Functions library (inserting functions)

-Problem with update_ont_signed path solved (I hope so)

-Log mode

-Signing bug fixed

-Handling linux newline character in scripts

10/05/2013 - updated links due to many requests (unfortunately, my dropbox accounts was generating to much traffic :D)

DOWNLOAD:
    Rar archive - about 540 kb
    Source code - about 1,3 MB - Visual Studio C#
    Installer - about 850 kb
    Awesome

The Team Lambent Corrosion member presents:
    UpdatezipCreator

I've found some time to build a new app that can create updates (as zip archive flashable via recovery).

Features:
    -Edify & Amend scripts
    -Signing

I hope that app will work without any bugs :)

Changelog:
    -adding update-binary to edify scripts (possibility of choosing own update-binary)
    -added default scripts for edify scripts
    -settings not stored in my documents

-Adding folders
    -Drag&Drop
    -Signing single zip archive

DOWNLOAD:
    Rar archive - about 390 kb
    Source code - about 500 kb - Visual Studio C#

Dude, this rocks!! Is there any way you can post a update script for HTC thunderbolt? I will def be donating!
    Yes I am full root and s-off
    Yes I tried using both
    I am not sure how to do that

You've tried edify, but didn't change the mounting point, so it couldn't work.. You need to change the line
    mount("/dev/block/stl6", "system", "/system", "rw");
    to:
    mount("/dev/block/mmcblk0p25", "system", "/system", "rw");

Here is a prepared update-script for your device. Load it in update-script tab page in the app before making update.zip. I hope it will work. Do not forget to check the edify script in options.

So, here are steps:
    1. Add files you want to
    2. Check the edify script and built-in update-binary in the options page
    3. Load prepared file or change "mount" line manually in a update-script page
    4. Create zip archive

You can also try to mount system via (instead of "mount(..."):
    run_program("/sbin/busybox", "mount", "-t", "auto", "/dev/block/mmcblk0p25", "/system");
    It also should work.
    You've tried edify, but didn't change the mounting point, so it couldn't work.. You need to change the line

to:

Here is a prepared update-script for your device. Load it in update-script tab page in the app before making update.zip. I hope it will work. Do not forget to check the edify script in options.

So, here are steps:
    1. Add files you want to
    2. Check the edify script and built-in update-binary in the options page
    3. Load prepared file or change "mount" line manually in a update-script page
    4. Create zip archive

You can also try to mount system via (instead of "mount(..."):

It also should work.

I cant get it to work. I am getting an error status 25. I have tried all the combinations. I have tried the different update binary and updater scripts and i get the same outcome.

update.. It looks like for my phone i need an updater-script rather than update script. Here is a link to the successful zip. I had to open the finished zip(ur program) and delete the update-script and replace it with an updater-script. Is there any way you can adjust it so it will have the right scripts each time so i dont have to manually change anything? That would be awesome. I have been looking for something like this for years. so nice to have simple gui and not have to use update.zip creator and then use amend2edify to make a zip. here is a link http://www.mediafire.com/?29vyc5sojdm946b
    Thanks a lot.. it's all my fault. I've not noticed, that amend scripts require "update-script" name and edify scripts "updater-script"...

The new version has been released, please try it now :)

simply changelog:
    -Fixed bug with the wrong name of edify scripts