Guide

Search This thread

arknailed7754

Dec 28, 2010
The Matrix
Hi trying to get my head around rooting the s..I'm not new..had my desire rooted and my desire hd and flashed various roms and mods countless times..anyone simplify the steps for me..

Call it a serious dummies guide

Sent from my HTC One S using XDA

azzledazzle

Dec 12, 2010
XDA Sucks !
Its easy :) Unlocking bootloader isa little tricky, But if you follow the instructions and dont skip anything you will be fine...

When you see the diagrams on HTCDev. It looks way more complex than it actually is

arknailed7754

Dec 28, 2010
The Matrix
Hi mate...got a weird issue. I hold volume down then power etc but it won't load into bootloader..flashes 5 times then eventually boots up? I tried taking fingers off during the buttons but nothing lol

azzledazzle

Dec 12, 2010
XDA Sucks !
Make sure under settings > power, That you have fastboot UNchecked.

Then power off and leave it for about 10 seconds, Then try.. I had this issue last night

arknailed7754

Dec 28, 2010
The Matrix
Very weird she won't do it..she flashes like it trys to come on...
It's Vodafone HTC one s..I know they add things but doubt they could stop that

noble8

Jun 8, 2010
As it's Vodafone, do you have a network unlocked device?

If not then you can't use HTCDev.com and must wait for the general s-off tool.
Alternatively you can try to network unlock your device, through Vodafone or third party.

azzledazzle

Dec 12, 2010
XDA Sucks !
Mines also Vodafone branded. worked for me. HTCDev doesnt give S-OFF it just unlocks bootloader to allow files to be written.

The NAND is still write protected until such tool can combat this. Fastboot is definitely unchecked right ? sometimes on my phone it comes back on without
me re-enabling it

EDIT: I have to hold the Volume down + power for about 10-15 seconds for bootloader to come up

arknailed7754

Dec 28, 2010
The Matrix
Very odd. Noble I couldn't imagine so they rarely lock there devices well none of the ones I've had...might have to ask. Can't access bootloader. No point keeping it that's the case..

azzledazzle

Dec 12, 2010
XDA Sucks !
Im sure theres an app out there that can boot you into bootloader, Im unsure of the name but a google search might help you.

Ive been with vodafone for about 3 years and never had a simlock device from them... They have all been vodafone branded tho

greenkabbage

Jan 8, 2009
Just verified that it works for me, though I have an unbranded phone.
Like azzledazzle said, you need to have USB debugging enabled in Settings->Developer options.

If you haven't yet, download HTC Sync from HTC.com and start the installer. The USB drivers will be installed as prerequisites. If you don't want HTC Sync, you can cancel the installer after the prereqs are installed. Then connect your phone and Windows should install the adb drivers automatically.

yennin

Nov 6, 2010
I had the same issue and this is what is working for me:
Fastboot off and usb debugging on
Power off and wait to be sure it is turned off
Hold volume down and keep holding it
Press power for 3-4 seconds while still keeping volume down pressed
Wait until bootloader shows before releasing volume down.

This works for me now every time.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using XDA Premium HD app

arknailed7754

Dec 28, 2010
The Matrix
Thanks people finally rooted. Finally being the operative word

Another quick question. Anyone dealt with porting fonts over. I've got revolution font from hestheone desire HD which I'd like to port what changes do I need to implement