[Q] TWRP not seeing backup

Search This thread
Basically, TWRP is not seeing all my nandroid backups. I'm not sure what's going on really. I'm on TWRP 2.4.1. Basically, I'm trying to restore to previous state. I forgot to do a Titanium backup of a few items, mainly games, and I need to get back to the phone state so I can TB the games and saves, so I don't have to redo all the work.

This morning, I did a backup of my GN2 (LJC). Was planning on going to 5MA rom and firmware. Before flashing 5MA, I realized I didnt' TB those apps. Went to reboot back into the system, and got an error there was no OS. I didn't try rebooting into recovery; I didn't think of it at the time. So I flashed the 5MA. I figured I could just restore it later. Installed 5MA no problems. Did a nandroid for the 5MA to a working state before I start adding more mods and tweaks.

Before going that, I figure I would do a restore to the LJC. Went to restore, and only listed the 5MA backup. Check on the PC using file explorer and can see the backup for LJC. I did see the LJC only has seven files and the 5MA one has nine. I went into TB and asked it pull from a nandroid, and did list the LJC. It's analysis found no apps. This wouldn't have solved my problem in the end though.

I tried to search to see if anyone had a similar issue, but no luck. I did remind about the TB nandroid thing though. I think TWRP didn't do a correct backup of the LJC, and that's why it's not being listed.

cbucz24

Jan 31, 2011
Central Florida
Basically, TWRP is not seeing all my nandroid backups. I'm not sure what's going on really. I'm on TWRP 2.4.1. Basically, I'm trying to restore to previous state. I forgot to do a Titanium backup of a few items, mainly games, and I need to get back to the phone state so I can TB the games and saves, so I don't have to redo all the work.

This morning, I did a backup of my GN2 (LJC). Was planning on going to 5MA rom and firmware. Before flashing 5MA, I realized I didnt' TB those apps. Went to reboot back into the system, and got an error there was no OS. I didn't try rebooting into recovery; I didn't think of it at the time. So I flashed the 5MA. I figured I could just restore it later. Installed 5MA no problems. Did a nandroid for the 5MA to a working state before I start adding more mods and tweaks.

Before going that, I figure I would do a restore to the LJC. Went to restore, and only listed the 5MA backup. Check on the PC using file explorer and can see the backup for LJC. I did see the LJC only has seven files and the 5MA one has nine. I went into TB and asked it pull from a nandroid, and did list the LJC. It's analysis found no apps. This wouldn't have solved my problem in the end though.

I tried to search to see if anyone had a similar issue, but no luck. I did remind about the TB nandroid thing though. I think TWRP didn't do a correct backup of the LJC, and that's why it's not being listed.

Were you on a prior version of twrp before backing up? If so, mine did the same thing. And a bunch of other people too. Their trying to figure it out now but have a work around for now...

Make a new backup. Then copy your old one into the new folder. It should show up now.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

venom_762

Aug 11, 2010
Same thing here, it backs it up but does not list it in the backup section. But root explorer shows it.