CyanogenMod 10.1 - GT-I9195 - Stable & Nightlies - Bug Reports & Discussion

Search This thread

Whosat

May 9, 2013
logo-cid.png

*UPDATE: Both the Galaxy S4 Mini LTE and international 3G variants now have official nightlies & stable 10.1.3! Get them at http://get.cm/?device=serranoltexx and http://get.cm/?device=serrano3gxx respectively.

This thread is to discuss any issues you may have or bug reports to raise regarding the CM10.1 nightlies AND stable versions for the Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini LTE variant (GT-I9195) only.

Opened this thread so that newbies can also post their issues here, as well as to keep the release thread clean for development-related discussions only.

** DO NOT USE THE JIRA BUG TRACKER TO REPORT BUGS FOR NIGHTLIES!
Sir arco68 has suggested that all bugs still be reported here despite having a stable version as it is a more central location to view and see bug reports.

-------

Links
Release thread / Development discussion | CyanogenMod 10.1

How to install CM10.1

1. Root and install using ONLY CWM recovery (available here: [RECOVERY][ROOT] Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini LTE (GT-I9195))
  2. Copy all the files you downloaded for CM10.1 (From http://get.cm) into your SD card along with the Google Applications (Optional, recommended - get the latest one for CM10.1.x)
  3. Boot into CWM (Vol Up + Home just as the phone is booting up, navigate using Vol btns, HOME to select, POWER to back)
  4. Make a backup of your NANDroid (Optional - Do this if you wish to return to your previous ROM)
  5. Select "wipe data/factory reset" and press Yes
  6. Select wipe cache partition" and press Yes
  7. Flash cm-10.1-2013xxxx-XXX-serranoltexx.zip file FIRST (or RC or stable)
  8. Then flash gapps (Optional)

Notes
  • When upgrading between CM10.1 versions, you still need to flash the gapps module after upgrading as /system is wiped.
  • Notes about updating to latest stock FW before flashing custom ROMs
  • Screenshot is Vol-Down + Home in CM10.1
  • The ROM comes with a Superuser app. You don't need to install another one.
  • When installing themes which appear to be improperly compiled, apply the default system theme and reboot and try again.
  • CM10.1 doesn't come with an FM Radio app.

-------------------------

It would help greatly to be detailed in your bug reports and to provide logs (in [code][/code] blocks), in an organised manner.

LIST OF ISSUES

Unverified
  • Auto-unlock with flip cover doesn't work [1] [2]
  • WLAN instability, network switching issues and low GSM call quality (vs. Samsung ROM) [1] [2]
  • RC1 - Sporadic reboots [1] [2] [3] [4]
  • Changing exposure offset in Camera causes a crash [1]

Verified & Reproduced / Work-in-Progress

Fixed / In coming build

User-fixable

Unable to reproduce / Unique to certain users / Unable to fix / Kernel issue
  • Changing language will crash settings (but language does change) [1] [X1] [X2]
  • Increase in battery drain [1] [X]
  • Phone: Numbers always display in the format "xxx-xxx-xxxx" [1] [X1] [X2]
  • Phone unlocks in pocket randomly [1] [X1] [X2]
  • 4G quick-toggle makes Data Mode quick-toggle change to 2G [1] [X]
  • Unable to adjust call volume with 3rd party headsets (exists on stock ROM as well) [X]
  • No "Personalise Call Sound" in Call Settings [1] [X]
  • Unable to access external SD card in apps like Poweramp & VPlayer [1] [2] [X1] [X2]
  • Speaker crackles at low frequencies [1] [2] [3] [X1]

FEATURE REQUESTS

Requests
  • Move apps to external SD card / set external SD card as default SD card [1]

Accepted (being/will be worked on in the future)
----
Last updated: 08 Oct 2013, 0706hrs (+8GMT)

Last edited:

btnetro

Jul 22, 2013
"Changing brightness will crash settings" did not issued on my device.
Changing language does, however, crash settings.

Also the battery seems to be draining faster than stock OS, for some reasons.
The number display format issues is still there I have no idea how to change it.
In messages, use dark theme setting is ignored.

I also after half day of usage noticed my phone keep unlocking in my pocket, I don't have any special unlock features enabled like home button or so, is this normal?

Later edit: Quick-toggle for brightness will not always work - I cannot reproduce, there was one time that ignored now works fine after many tries and flashes. Safe to remove.

Last edited:

Whosat

May 9, 2013
Sorry that was a mistake on my part in copying down the issue.

I've added your other findings to the list :)

Will be trying the alpha ROM this weekend as well so I'll try to reproduce your issues!

btnetro

Jul 22, 2013
Quick-toggle for brightness will not always work [1]

you can remove this never happened again. can't remember how it happened anyway

btnetro

Jul 22, 2013
I am using this build since this morning so far we get along, if I can improve battery life a little will be my perfect os.
Also I cannot find that option to enable "clear sound" or something like that, I don't hear people as clear as I heard them with stock 4.2.2 samsung os...

Whosat

May 9, 2013
Do you mean Samsung's Adapt Sound feature?

I believe that it won't be added because it is a Samsung proprietary feature

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1376412025872.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1376412025872.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 982

btnetro

Jul 22, 2013
No there was another feature, Noise Suppression or something...
Also the format storage card option still missing, is an app that does that?

Whosat

May 9, 2013
I've added the missing format SD card option.

Can't seem to find the sound option you are talking about on my stock rom (build MFA) though

geniusboy93

Jan 29, 2013
Shah Alam, Selangor
i think the bug of use dark theme in message is not actually a bug. i think maybe it is the same as cm10.1 in Wonder. the dark theme is apply for quick reply only ( if you enable it, and not use privacy message ). not the whole message app. try to confirm this:D

btnetro

Jul 22, 2013
i think the bug of use dark theme in message is not actually a bug. i think maybe it is the same as cm10.1 in Wonder. the dark theme is apply for quick reply only ( if you enable it, and not use privacy message ). not the whole message app. try to confirm this:D

yes genius you are right, after a close lookup I saw this. So no bug there.
On the other hand, battery is killing me. With stock os I ran a full day moderate usage. With this one at 4 pm I had to recharge :( no battery draining apps in fact no third app installed yet.

---------- Post added at 06:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:45 PM ----------

I've added the missing format SD card option.

Can't seem to find the sound option you are talking about on my stock rom (build MFA) though

http://cdn.pocket-lint.com/r/s/748x/assets/images/e3a23272d6002184ae94ce6c9d4a9e99bda6b716.jpg

The one pic I found. I remember seeing this on other devices...

Whosat

May 9, 2013
I found it. Try going to Settings, Call, Personalise Call Sound.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1376416197727.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1376416197727.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 258

btnetro

Jul 22, 2013
On stock OS you did :)

ok, now the phone won't show up in my computer ( mtp I guess )
tried reboot, etc. nothing works.

Last edited:

arco68

Recognized Developer
Oct 11, 2010
Changing language will crash settings (but language does change) [1]
Doesn't happen here.

Increase in battery drain [1]
Ah, the good old battery drain issue. No phone goes without it. :) I'd recommend giving the battery a couple of recharge cycles and then see. When switching roms, the battery is always behaving a bit erratic at first. Also, check with BetterBatteryStats if there's something keeping a wake lock.

My battery stats:

View attachment 2186714 View attachment 2186715

Phone: Numbers always display in the format "xxx-xxx-xxxx" [1]
I think this adjusts itself according to the language used. I.e if you are in english language when importing contacts, it will be like that.

Phone unlocks in pocket randomly [1]
Probably touched the home or power button. Happened sometimes on stock rom for me as well. Maybe the buttons are just a bit sensitive.

Missing Format SD Card option in Storage Settings [1]
I'll look into this.

btnetro

Jul 22, 2013
arco it the crash on changing language sure happens. however I did remove the default ime with swifkey, so I guess is reaching for it's keyboard. Also I removet velvet, and everything voice search related or search related. Maybe this could be the issue, it doesn't bother me so much.

regarding the phone number format, i wiped /data and selected romanian at boot. It's a system wide setting not a contact issue as I can see, all numbers are displayed that way, phone dialer, messages, agenda, incoming/outgoing calls, etc.

Also with the unlock issue I have this phone for a month I never got it unlocked in my pocket and today happened 3 times.
I am not trying to do anything bad here, I am just using this rom and I want to see it perfect as you and we all do.

My biggest problem on this rom and I am sure other users doesn't have it ... remains this phone number display thing. It's quite hard, because I am used in 15 years oh phone usage with a format, and now when I have to dictate a number or look into it it confuses me, even if it's the same number but those spaces are killing my habbits :p

Last edited:

Battlehero

Working great

I just installed this ROM and I have not ran into any bugs and I didn't notice any battery drainage. I'm unsure as what the cause is for most of the other users. I however had one slight issue which I resolved by allowing the default file manager root access, the issue was that I could not access my SD card through any normal file explorer. Other than that I'm enjoying this ROM keep up the good work!

STVAR

Jul 18, 2013
Thanks arco68 for this early release and all the hard work you've done ;)
No issues yet apart from one where i couldn't edit any contacts and kept saying "google something has stopped working" and keyboard wouldn't show up. But sorted itself out after a while and now is working fine.

I don't like that we cant change the theme of contacts and messages to a dark one like it is on call logs etc.. White looks out of place
Regardless great stuff arco68

Whosat

May 9, 2013
@btnetro: You could maybe give the exact language you changed from and to (English -> Romanian)?

Also, try creating a new contact when your phone book is empty but your regional settings set to Romanian. Does the number issue still crop up?

Also, on your connection to computer issues, try restarting your computer and plug it in a different USB port. Or try another computer. Only post if you are absolutely certain its an issue with the ROM.

You seem to be having bugs specific to you, which could also mean that he procedure in which you installed the custom ROM was not right. Have you tried a reflash, following all the steps arco68 posted on his thread?

I won't be putting up all your issues on the OP unless someone else is also having the unique issues you are having - perhaps some users would like to try to reproduce the issues he is having as well?

Last edited:

Whosat

May 9, 2013
I just installed this ROM and I have not ran into any bugs and I didn't notice any battery drainage. I'm unsure as what the cause is for most of the other users. I however had one slight issue which I resolved by allowing the default file manager root access, the issue was that I could not access my SD card through any normal file explorer. Other than that I'm enjoying this ROM keep up the good work!

I'm having the same issue as you regarding the SD card. May I know how you granted root access to the default file manager? The Superuser app provided with the latest rootkit doesn't seem to have that option to manually add apps.

EDIT: Hmm, a reboot seems to have fixed my issue. But could you still put your steps here in case anyone else has the same issue?

EDIT2: Found the steps:
Open File Manager, press Menu, Settings->General Settings->Access Mode
Choose Root Access Mode

Last edited:

arco68

Recognized Developer
Oct 11, 2010
I'm having the same issue as you regarding the SD card. May I know how you granted root access to the default file manager? The Superuser app provided with the latest rootkit doesn't seem to have that option to manually add apps.

EDIT: Hmm, a reboot seems to have fixed my issue. But could you still put your steps here in case anyone else has the same issue?
Hello. Did I understand you correctly, that you applied the rootkit after installing CyanogenMod? If so, that's not necessary, and will obviously cause lot's of issues. Superuser app is already included in CyanogenMod.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    logo-cid.png

*UPDATE: Both the Galaxy S4 Mini LTE and international 3G variants now have official nightlies & stable 10.1.3! Get them at http://get.cm/?device=serranoltexx and http://get.cm/?device=serrano3gxx respectively.

This thread is to discuss any issues you may have or bug reports to raise regarding the CM10.1 nightlies AND stable versions for the Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini LTE variant (GT-I9195) only.

Opened this thread so that newbies can also post their issues here, as well as to keep the release thread clean for development-related discussions only.

** DO NOT USE THE JIRA BUG TRACKER TO REPORT BUGS FOR NIGHTLIES!
    Sir arco68 has suggested that all bugs still be reported here despite having a stable version as it is a more central location to view and see bug reports.

-------

Links
    Release thread / Development discussion | CyanogenMod 10.1

How to install CM10.1

1. Root and install using ONLY CWM recovery (available here: [RECOVERY][ROOT] Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini LTE (GT-I9195))
    2. Copy all the files you downloaded for CM10.1 (From http://get.cm) into your SD card along with the Google Applications (Optional, recommended - get the latest one for CM10.1.x)
    3. Boot into CWM (Vol Up + Home just as the phone is booting up, navigate using Vol btns, HOME to select, POWER to back)
    4. Make a backup of your NANDroid (Optional - Do this if you wish to return to your previous ROM)
    5. Select "wipe data/factory reset" and press Yes
    6. Select wipe cache partition" and press Yes
    7. Flash cm-10.1-2013xxxx-XXX-serranoltexx.zip file FIRST (or RC or stable)
    8. Then flash gapps (Optional)

Notes
    • When upgrading between CM10.1 versions, you still need to flash the gapps module after upgrading as /system is wiped.
    • Notes about updating to latest stock FW before flashing custom ROMs
    • Screenshot is Vol-Down + Home in CM10.1
    • The ROM comes with a Superuser app. You don't need to install another one.
    • When installing themes which appear to be improperly compiled, apply the default system theme and reboot and try again.
    • CM10.1 doesn't come with an FM Radio app.

It would help greatly to be detailed in your bug reports and to provide logs (in [code][/code] blocks), in an organised manner.

LIST OF ISSUES

Unverified
    • Auto-unlock with flip cover doesn't work [1] [2]
    • WLAN instability, network switching issues and low GSM call quality (vs. Samsung ROM) [1] [2]
    • RC1 - Sporadic reboots [1] [2] [3] [4]
    • Changing exposure offset in Camera causes a crash [1]

Verified & Reproduced / Work-in-Progress

Fixed / In coming build

User-fixable

Unable to reproduce / Unique to certain users / Unable to fix / Kernel issue
    • Changing language will crash settings (but language does change) [1] [X1] [X2]
    • Increase in battery drain [1] [X]
    • Phone: Numbers always display in the format "xxx-xxx-xxxx" [1] [X1] [X2]
    • Phone unlocks in pocket randomly [1] [X1] [X2]
    • 4G quick-toggle makes Data Mode quick-toggle change to 2G [1] [X]
    • Unable to adjust call volume with 3rd party headsets (exists on stock ROM as well) [X]
    • No "Personalise Call Sound" in Call Settings [1] [X]
    • Unable to access external SD card in apps like Poweramp & VPlayer [1] [2] [X1] [X2]
    • Speaker crackles at low frequencies [1] [2] [3] [X1]

FEATURE REQUESTS

Requests
    • Move apps to external SD card / set external SD card as default SD card [1]

Accepted (being/will be worked on in the future)
    ----
    Last updated: 08 Oct 2013, 0706hrs (+8GMT)
    All devices have been moved to weekly builds.
    Good news about FM radio. I have it working very good in CM 10.2. The bad news is, it doesn't look like anyone else in CM cares about it, so I don't think it will ever be added. All I can suggest is that you spam CM's Google+ channel with requests for it, then maybe they will listen.
    I think we've been spending too much time discussing problems that we forget to thank @arco68 on what a marvellous job he has done porting this ROM to our phones and how butter-smooth this ROM is running and how there are no core issues at all despite it being in the ALPHA stage.

On behalf of the SGS4mini mod community, thank you @arco68 sir for all your hard work! :)
    It's merged in 10.2 and working fine.