They have arrived

Search This thread

younggangsta_s

Feb 20, 2011
nice2.gif

Maui4x4

Mar 3, 2011
HI
I was a big AMD fanboi during the athlon xp/64 days when overclocking was "the ****". Got a mobile barton 2500 from stock 1.8 to 2.8 on air and that was awesome... Intel is still 10-15% faster than AMD since core 2 duo release correct?

schnowdapowda

Jun 7, 2010
Dallas, TX Yaurdme?
Eh i was gonna say something about Intels ridiculous pricing.. But its been said. Their news chips are only good news for users of integrated graphics who will finally be able to play skyrim on low.

thomasskull666

Sep 24, 2010
St. Louis
I think you all are missing the point...

22nm!! 3D transistors!! Tri-gate technology!!

Yes they are over priced like none other, I am also a bigger fan of AMD than Intel but ever since I got my 2500k I've been blown away by the staggering amount of performance.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium

MДЯCЦSДИT

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 21, 2010

Yes they are over priced like none other, I am also a bigger fan of AMD than Intel but ever since I got my 2500k I've been blown away by the staggering amount of performance.

Id consider it for my desktop but would probably need insane cooling for the i7.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA

thomasskull666

Sep 24, 2010
St. Louis
Id consider it for my desktop but would probably need insane cooling for the i7.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA

Only if you were to overclock a considerable amount, the new chips purportedly have less heat generation compared to the previous 2nd gen i7. I plan on keeping my H80 if I get the 3570k, I've got 2x 120mm fans on my radiator in a push-pull configuration which keeps my 2500k down to ~50°C full load at around 4.9ghz. I'm definitely going to wait for some solid comparisons to come out before I decide on whether to get the i5 or the i7 though.

AOD_Corwin

Jul 22, 2008
San Diego
I sold a couple of ivybridge units today. In fact I sold some a few weeks ago before they changed the release date

thomasskull666

Sep 24, 2010
St. Louis
I'm definitely disappointed in the reviews I've been reading about the new processors, apparently the 3770k has severe heat issues and overclocking isn't nearly as easy as Sandy Bridge. And for the price and only like a 3% power increase, I'm definitely keeping the 2500k and waiting until something better comes out. Sorry Intel, but you messed up again.

schnowdapowda

Jun 7, 2010
Dallas, TX Yaurdme?
I'm definitely disappointed in the reviews I've been reading about the new processors, apparently the 3770k has severe heat issues and overclocking isn't nearly as easy as Sandy Bridge. And for the price and only like a 3% power increase, I'm definitely keeping the 2500k and waiting until something better comes out. Sorry Intel, but you messed up again.

This is why i have such a hard time justifying their pricing.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This thread is going to get deleted but idgaf. THE TIME IS NIGH!!

In case you don't follow me on le twitter, promotions.newegg.com/intel/12-1596...DGE042912-_-EMC-042912-Index-_-E0-_-Promoword

I can't contain my excitement.

/mindgasm

I'm an AMD fan though...

So those are way overpriced.

I was a big AMD fanboi during the athlon xp/64 days when overclocking was "the ****". Got a mobile barton 2500 from stock 1.8 to 2.8 on air and that was awesome... Intel is still 10-15% faster than AMD since core 2 duo release correct?

Yes.

At four times the price.