[e975][CWM Advanced Edition] PhilZ Touch

Search This thread

Phil3759

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 30, 2012
PhilZ Touch is a CWM Advanced Edition that adds all the features you could ever miss in CWM
It is a well proven recovery for many phones

It also adds a full touch interface a completely configurable GUI

Main thread + features + install instructions + dev support
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2201860

Please give your feedback, what works, and any bug you could encounter
Read the features, and check if you are missing something

Also, do not forget to read about the powerful aroma file manager integration and double tap shortcut

Download links
Last version can be found here:

Last edited:
D

danielalonso

fantastic job...thank you

Sent from my LG-E975 using xda premium

kimitza

Feb 27, 2010
Buzau
it has issues on stock 4.1.2.
Can't see the files in recovery.
I can only see the clockworkmod folder.

Attachments

• IMAGE00002.jpg
    IMAGE00002.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 1,587
Last edited:
Reactions: pav2805

hasan4791

Nov 2, 2011
Gurgaon
Suggestion

Hey @Phil3759
Its the best features in recovery I've ever seen.
I would like to add some suggestion on extra features.
Ya, I've secured my device greatly with theft protection and data loss. But still some one can easily erase my data and do factory reset from recovery. If possible could you pls able to add Password protection feature to enter recovery mode and adb features are unlocked after that. If you've enabled any protection in settings you cant factory reset ur mobile and the same feature I want in recovery too. I know its easy to tell anything without knowing the difficulties. Just consider these things to create new revolution in recovery.

Thanks bro.

guidoido004

Feb 1, 2011
São Paulo
twitter.com
Ya you are ryt...but we cant expect evryone as geeks in android...:good:
atleast he cant do that so easily ryt...??

Agreed, if someone steal my phone, I want to make hard as possible to him in getting it up and running. Also, if he can't wipe, the phone will be easier to locate, so you can go with the police and arrest the person, some countries kinda do that, if you know the "right people".

Sent from my LG-E975 using xda app-developers app

kt-Froggy

Sep 14, 2012
YVR
Samsung Galaxy Note II
LG G8
Phil, it's great to see my all-time favourite recovery on my new phone! :) Thank you!

One question... I noticed that the date in recovery is set to 1970, and the time is also way off. I verified that the timezone is set correctly in the settings. Not a big deal, but it messes up the dated filenames of backups. I recall seeing the same problem long time ago on SGS2, but then it just went away with some version upgrade. Is this something that can be fixed? Thanks!

Phil3759

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 30, 2012
Phil, it's great to see my all-time favourite recovery on my new phone! :) Thank you!

One question... I noticed that the date in recovery is set to 1970, and the time is also way off. I verified that the timezone is set correctly in the settings. Not a big deal, but it messes up the dated filenames of backups. I recall seeing the same problem long time ago on SGS2, but then it just went away with some version upgrade. Is this something that can be fixed? Thanks!

I will try to revert to another function to set time
That is caused by phone needing some drivers to properly init the date
Why the hell som implement this is out of my understanding

Reactions: kt-Froggy

ammo12

Nov 21, 2011
near Vienna
Is it possible to flash your touch-recovery as zip "in" recovery mode (its cwm 6.0.3.0 touch)?

Or only with adb in fastboot?

Thanks for your great work!

Top Liked Posts