[XAP][21.05.2014]Update: IO Explorer 3.6 for interop-unlocked SAMSUNG devices

Search This thread

GoodDayToDie

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 20, 2011
Seattle
Shouldn't be that confusing. You may be using an old version of the library? Or possibly one compiled without the USE_NON_PUBLIC_APIS macro (which is defined at the top of FileSystem.h).
Code:
String[] drives = FileSystem.NativeFileSystem.GetDriveLetters();

I'm curious whether, if you recompiled the app for 8.0, it would still work? So far all of my apps have targeted 8.0, and it doesn't work for me. I can open the folder, in theory, but I can't access any members of it without getting an exception. All capabilities from IO Explorer are in my test app.

Last edited:
Reactions: contable

contable

Oct 25, 2009
Shouldn't be that confusing. You may be using an old version of the library? Or possibly one compiled without the USE_NON_PUBLIC_APIS macro (which is defined at the top of FileSystem.h).
Code:
String[] drives = FileSystem.NativeFileSystem.GetDriveLetters();

I'm curious whether, if you recompiled the app for 8.0, it would still work? So far all of my apps have targeted 8.0, and it doesn't work for me. I can open the folder, in theory, but I can't access any members of it without getting an exception. All capabilities from IO Explorer are in my test app.

Indeed I have to update the library first....

contable

Oct 25, 2009
@GoodDayToDie:

The latest library gives me like 21 errors...

private NativeFileSystem nf = new NativeFileSystem();

doesn´t work... How to use it ?

GoodDayToDie

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 20, 2011
Seattle
Oh wow, you were using an old version. All the APIs in NativeFileSystem are static now (there was no reason for them to be instance methods).

If you want to make it work easily without re-writing much, make the following changes:
* Remove the constructor.
* At the top of the doc (after the other using declarations), put this:
Code:
using nf = FileSystem.NativeFileSystem;

contable

Oct 25, 2009
Oh wow, you were using an old version. All the APIs in NativeFileSystem are static now (there was no reason for them to be instance methods).

If you want to make it work easily without re-writing much, make the following changes:
* Remove the constructor.
* At the top of the doc (after the other using declarations), put this:
Code:
using nf = FileSystem.NativeFileSystem;

Thanks for helping. It´s working fine.:good:

GetDriveLetters() returns C:\, D:\, U:\ (=> C:\Data folder).

I will send you a pm with another interesting .dll. I can´t get it working so far. Maybe you can help again.

Hi, Contable. Recently I've gone back from WP 8.1 to WP 8.0 GDR3. When I had installed your app in 8.1 I was able to change the model of my Ativ S to cheat the store and installed apps from Nokia collection.

Now I'm on GDR3 and the last version of your app for 8.0 doesn't have this tweak.

Could you tell me what are the tricks to write in SamWP8 app?

Thanks in advance.

matgras

Jun 2, 2012
I keep on getting this error
29b0a02ab3.png

both on xap deployer 2.0 and the official deployment tool, other apps deploy just fine.

am I doing something wrong?

edit: looks like it's a problem with wolf's mbn creator tool, sorry for bothering you.

Last edited:

shifuimam

Apr 5, 2011
You can do that with WP8Tweaks v1.5. (In Tools, registry editor)

Can you link to this app? I can't find it - I can only find WPH Tweaks.

Also, I'm getting a manifest error trying to deploy any version of the app to the ATIV S Neo I just got (replacement for my old phone). It's interop unlocked and currently running Sprint's official 8.1 update. I did dev preview updates to GDR3 before updating to Sprint's 8.1. Any ideas?

I really just want the tweak for the five notification toggles. If anyone has the registry key for that, I can just do it manually with SamWP8.

G.moe

Feb 27, 2015
Can you link to this app? I can't find it - I can only find WPH Tweaks.

Also, I'm getting a manifest error trying to deploy any version of the app to the ATIV S Neo I just got (replacement for my old phone). It's interop unlocked and currently running Sprint's official 8.1 update. I did dev preview updates to GDR3 before updating to Sprint's 8.1. Any ideas?

I really just want the tweak for the five notification toggles. If anyone has the registry key for that, I can just do it manually with SamWP8.

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=59201895&postcount=63

The first key is for smaller font, second key is for 5th tile.

I was able to install IO Explorer on my Lumia 830 (RM-983) after interop unlocking it.
a) The app works fine until I login to Onedrive, after which it crashes after a few seconds. Reinstallation fixes it temporarily.
b) when I tap settings it throws an error "External component has thrown an exception." which I have to "OK" three times before it crashes.

just for your information. Probably unforeseen hiccups with the newly availability on Lumia phones.
cheers

contable

Oct 25, 2009
I was able to install IO Explorer on my Lumia 830 (RM-983) after interop unlocking it.
a) The app works fine until I login to Onedrive, after which it crashes after a few seconds. Reinstallation fixes it temporarily.
b) when I tap settings it throws an error "External component has thrown an exception." which I have to "OK" three times before it crashes.

just for your information. Probably unforeseen hiccups with the newly availability on Lumia phones.
cheers

Onedrive crashes because of the old live api. Why the settings menu doesn´t open I can´t say atm.

The app has to be re-written or updated...

Reactions: derausgewanderte

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [21.05.2014] Update: IO Explorer 3.6 release version !

attachment.php

attachment.php

Changelog:

- Share Target support added => recieve multiple files from other apps.
    - Spanish translation updated => thx again to @lomax50 !
    - General bug fixes

Note: For working correctly the app has to be installed on phone storage not on the sd card !!!

Have fun !

contable

[20.05.2014] Update: IO Explorer 3.5.1 release version !

attachment.php

Changelog:

- Spanish translation updated => thx again to @lomax50 !
    - WPH Tweaks launch button added (settings menu) => install this version of WPH Tweaks => thx to @jessenic for adding the URI scheme !
    - URI scheme "IOEX" added => other developers can launch IO Explorer now from their apps with the following code:

Code:
    private async void launchIOExplorer_click(object sender, EventArgs e)
            {
                bool IOEX = await Launcher.LaunchUriAsync(new System.Uri("IOEX:"));
            }

- General bug fixes

Note: For working correctly the app has to be installed on phone storage not on the sd card !!!

Have fun !

contable

[16.05.2014] Update: IO Explorer 3.5 release version !

Changelog:

- Project updated to WP 8.1
    - WP8.1 multi-sharing added (files and folders as .zip) => share/send button in the right upper corner
    - New translations added (Norwegian and Czech) => credits for the translators on the about page !
    - Existing translations updated (Hungarian, Polish and Italian) => credits for the translators on the about page !
    - App data backup and restore feature for WP8.1 apps added (only for apps on phone storage) => instructions will follow later
    - Stability increased
    - Thumbnail toggle added (settings)
    - Tweaks tab added (settings)
    - Registry tab added (settings) => registry editor has been ported from SamWP8 Tools by -W_O_L_F-, all credits go to him !
    - General bug fixes

Have fun !

contable

[04.05.2014] Update: IO Explorer 3.4.3 beta !

attachment.php

attachment.php

Changelog:

- "WPSystem" folder on sd card is visible again
    - Improved app data browsing on internal storage
    - Toggle for enable/disable 5 toggles for the Nofication Center added => credits for this tweak go to @marass82

Note: after you have enabled the 5 toggles for the Notification Center please restart your phone !!!

Have fun !

contable

[01.05.2014] Update: IO Explorer 3.4.2 beta !

attachment.php

Changelog:

- Extended App Launcher => open IO Explorer App Launcher by tapping on the 2nd button of the upper appbar => hold on an appicon to browse to its app data folder directly. The app detects the install location automatically.

Some more basic info to the App Launcher:

1. Tap on an appicon to launch the app
    2. Scroll applist from left to right
    3. The appicon indicates if the App is installed on your sd card (check SD symbol right lower corner)
    4. The appicon indicates if there is an data backup on your sd card (check sync symbol right upper corner). Backup you´ll find in the "AppDataBackup" folder after browsing to the sd card.

- App data backup fixed

Some more basic info to the AddDataBackup/Restore feature:

1. Browse to the app data folder by tapping on the 3rd button of the upper appbar (windows sysmbol) => on the sd card another tap on "AppData" folder.
    2. Select the apps you want to backup the data and tap on the 3rd button of the lower appbar => AppDataBackups will be stored as .zip in the "AppDataBackup" folder in the root directory of your sd card.

How to restore an backup:

1. Browse to the "AppDataBackup" folder on your sd card (root directory)
    2. Select the backups you want to restore
    3. Tap on the 3rd button of the lower appbar to restore => IO Explorer detects the install location (internal or sd card) automatically.

Important: You only can restore backup files if the app is installed on your device currently !!!

Cheers

contable

[30.04.2014] Update: IO Explorer 3.4.1 beta !

Changelog:

- Some bugs related to the app data folders fixed => You can copy or move files now to all (visible) app data folders (internal storage + sd card)
    - App prepared for updating the allready supported or new languages

Important: Don´t copy or move folders to one of the app data or app install folders, because you can´t delete them there on device ! I left open the ability to do those operations, because I hope to get the needed rights anytime soon.

Cheers

contable

[27.04.2014] Release IO Explorer 3.4 beta !

Hello again,

attached is the beta version of IO Explorer, a filemanager for SAMSUNG interop-unlocked devices based on my previous project PDF to Office.

Requirements:

1. Interop-unlocked SAMSUNG device with WP8.1 installed
    2. Working RPCComponent.

Here some features:

- All regular functions like copy, move, delete, rename and ...
    - OneDrive client
    - Cloudsix for dropbox connected (button in the right upper corner)
    - App Launcher
    - Zip support (files and folders)
    - WP 8.1 sharing function (limited to 1 file) including folders (zip)
    - App Data backup and restore (atm only for WP8.0 apps) using zip library
    - Custom webdownload (hold on the button in the right upper corner)
    - Advanced browsing (WPSystem folder on sd card), appdata and app install folders
    - Thumbnail caching
    - Opened attachment management (once you have opened an email attachment IO Explorer can find it => check "Email attachments opened" folder in the public directory
    - XAP download support (more instructions later)
    - multiple file extensions registered, e.g. use ".ioex" extension in your app to export files to IO Explorer
    - Ringtone support (hold on a music file)
    - PDF support

Just test it and reply. Screenshots are attached.

Note: Hold on buttons to use all available features !

Cheers

contable

P.S.: Credits are given inside the app (about page)
    New version V3.4.3 available for download. Read post #1 for changelog.

Because of a request (@gidannifico) I have temporaly added a toggle for the "5 Toggles Notification Center tweak" from marass82.
    It looks like that the next version will bring more access to the filesystem.... I could make visible the subfolders of the root folder (C:\\) and some more folders I couldn´t access so far.

Edit: It will take some time because I have to remove the nativefilesystem from GDTD and re-code the most parts. No ETA.

attachment.php
    Here the version for polish and norwegian friends. Thanks again for supporting the project.:good:
    I decided to update the project to WP 8.1. This will take a little bit time because I have to re-code some parts.

When it´s finished I will be back with new features.

Regards

contable