I wish our note 2's had as much love as the sgs3's

Search This thread

BrianBaker

Dec 15, 2009
Apopka FL
I'm sure almost anyone with an S3 would gladly trade you phones..If you're getting let down by the amount of developers here..I think once we get some more ports from other note 2's it'll be better. :)

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda premium

Reactions: guisar

Skripka

Dec 17, 2011
Postulo forklift ad portandum iste
Lol so july - oct(3 months) is now almost a year? You need to go back to math class buddy. The s3 hasnt even been out for a year yet

I like to break stuff! :D

I was talking paper release, hoss ;) which IIRC was May-ish. But that is by memory after 1/2 an Irish Ale.

Besides, I'm allowed to round up at the half year point anyhow. Uncle Sam wants rounded dollar figures sent to the IRS, so I can do it too. :p

Reactions: Gibsonusa

-EViL-KoNCEPTz-

Nov 9, 2011
Tampa Bay area
I was talking paper release, hoss ;) which IIRC was May-ish. But that is by memory after 1/2 an Irish Ale.

Yeah but being out on paper does nothing for development. So it really doesn't count until it's released since you can't very well develop for a device when you don't have access to it or its firmware and sources. :p

Skripka

Dec 17, 2011
Postulo forklift ad portandum iste
Yeah but being out on paper does nothing for development. So it really doesn't count until it's released since you can't very well develop for a device when you don't have access to it or its firmware and sources. :p

Ya wanna count access to rooting, ROMs, and firmware...well our Note2 has had dev activity for less than half the amount of time the S3 had. Any way ya slice it, the N2 is a new device without even a stable Cyanogen or AOKP yet. Once Cyanogen hits a stable, we'll probably see more action. We'll also see more action when Sammy/Sprint finally get 4.2 officially to us.

tfaulk88

Jul 30, 2010
olathe KS
im not saying im ungrateful for the developers we have i thing they are awesome and i love there work im just saying its seems like the s3 has a new rom every week and i think its just because its cheaper and more mainstream then our phones. but i our phones are so much nicer and so much faster. it jkust seams like theres more developers over there then here.

garwynn

Retired Forum Mod / Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 30, 2011
NE Ohio
www.extra-life.org
Let's see....

Official CM 10.1? Check.
TWRP? Check
CWM? N7100 works but I'm working on a L900 specific one now.
AOSP builds? Quite a few unofficials out there as well.
TW themed ROMs? Also quite a few out there.

Not sure what you're looking for... but chances are it's here or on the way if requested.

tfaulk88

Jul 30, 2010
olathe KS
just more choices in roms like how many different lk8 roms are there just saying i think theres a lot more roms for s3 then ours seems like more developers over there i wish there were more over here.

tfaulk88

Jul 30, 2010
olathe KS
Let's see....

Official CM 10.1? Check.
TWRP? Check

Not sure what you're looking for... but chances are it's here or on the way if requested.

No I'm not saying we don't have the different roms, just saying its seems we don't have the amount of updates and variety that the s3 has. I'm very thankful for what we have. I just feel they have more developers and thats my question is why our far superior phone doesn't have as many developers.

kingdazy

Feb 24, 2010
Olympia
No I'm not saying we don't have the different roms, just saying its seems we don't have the amount of updates and variety that the s3 has. I'm very thankful for what we have. I just feel they have more developers and thats my question is why our far superior phone doesn't have as many developers.
it's simple demographics. the device simply doesn't have as many users.
that being said, I know many SG3 owners with buyers remorse, once they see the GN2. even a few that exchanged them. and a dev or two that snapped one up when they played with one.
we get plenty of love.

shiftr182

Oct 5, 2010
Boise
Google Pixel 8 Pro
ROMS are either AOSP based or Touchwiz based. This phone has two official OTA's, the one that came on it and LJC or whatever. If your looking for touchwiz, it will be based on the code from one of those two or a leak. If your looking for AOSP, its going to be based on CM10, or 10.1 plus whatever else you like. Either way, all the ROMS are based off one of two different sources and just added themes and/or tweaks. I personally am fond of AOSP, so I play with those all the time. What kind of ROM do you want that we dont have? Sense? Blur? Good luck getting any of that on a Samsung. I have to agree with garwynn, we have CM10.1, AOKP, Liquid, Carbon, Paranoid, Baked, etc., plus the Touchwiz stuff. I think the devs we have on this phone are doing a pretty freaking amazing job so far. What ROM(s) are you looking for?

Reactions: d12unk13astard

tfaulk88

Jul 30, 2010
olathe KS
ROMS are either AOSP based or Touchwiz based. This phone has two official OTA's, the one that came on it and LJC or whatever. If your looking for touchwiz, it will be based on the code from one of those two or a leak. If your looking for AOSP, its going to be based on CM10, or 10.1 plus whatever else you like. Either way, all the ROMS are based off one of two different sources and just added themes and/or tweaks. I personally am fond of AOSP, so I play with those all the time. What kind of ROM do you want that we dont have? Sense? Blur? Good luck getting any of that on a Samsung. I have to agree with garwynn, we have CM10.1, AOKP, Liquid, Carbon, Paranoid, Baked, etc., plus the Touchwiz stuff. I think the devs we have on this phone are doing a pretty freaking amazing job so far. What ROM(s) are you looking for?

more touchwiz themes like lk8 roms and more themes i really wish i had the time to sit down and learn all this stuff to theme and everything Im to busy and it seems with each phone a lot of stuff changes. Idk and I didnt say anything about the different roms we have I just said s3 has more variety of touchwiz roms and more developers does it not seem like theres a new rom over there everyday lol. Im a flashaholic sorry.

Ps jellybomb from josh beach and h2o from dan are the sh!ts

shiftr182

Oct 5, 2010
Boise
Google Pixel 8 Pro
more touchwiz themes like lk8 roms and more themes i really wish i had the time to sit down and learn all this stuff to theme and everything Im to busy and it seems with each phone a lot of stuff changes. Idk and I didnt say anything about the different roms we have I just said s3 has more variety of touchwiz roms and more developers does it not seem like theres a new rom over there everyday lol. Im a flashaholic sorry.

Ps jellybomb from josh beach and h2o from dan are the sh!ts

Thats the thing though, they are all the same rom, just themed different and there might be a few extra tweaks in it. I use AOSP because there is a lot more you can do with it, and there are a ton of themes available for it. Being a themer myself, I will mix and match different theme apks to make a theme I like. I think that it would be worth while for you to start venturing into themes and how to do it. If you learn how to use the Vertimus universal method, it makes themeing a lot easier because you dont have to recompile each time you change an image, etc.

Reactions: tfaulk88

guisar

Sep 11, 2010
I really hope Samsung and Google back off and allow cyanogen and aokp to have multiwindow type functionality. Now that we have an overclocking kernel and tethering on stock based roms there's less of an incentive to move to. CM until Samsung drops support. Not having multiwindow would really suck, maybe Google will put in aosp

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Let's see....

Official CM 10.1? Check.
    TWRP? Check

Ummm our n2 already has great support and leaks...

Plus that phone has been out longer.....

-TeaM VeNuM Like A Boss
    -Galaxy Note II Edition
    I think we have more than enough everything here. We have numerous AOSP roms, numerous TW roms, numerous mods and also leaked roms.
    A lot will change whenever we get an OTA. Hopefully soon.
    Im trying to get a note 2 rightnow. The sellers are waiting on me to respond and i got somebody that wanna buy my S3 rightnow for $450 cash in hand. But trust me this MOAR ROM that just came out and updated to 4.1.2 makes it hard to get rid of. I've been stalling the seller and the buyer for 3days now lol. I thought i wanted a Note2 lol. I just dont know. I'm the only flasher in my circle so my phone looks totally different from all my friends and family members. They stay jealous, and i love it. I have rooted 8 Note 2s for friends but havent decided to get one yet. I convinced myself that i dont need Voice and Data at the sametime because the only time im using both is when im at home and i have Charter 100 megs for that. I will never get LTE because mines flashed to another carrier plus Sprint hasnt released LTE in St. Louis.

I wish i had the skills to do development. I applaud all developers of all kinds because I love their work. Ish not easy. Like I said I have played with alot of Note2s but this S3... GOD! I'm going to continue to look around in the Note2 forums and see what i like because the Note is beautiful and i want one.... I think... LOL

I Came from the S3 to this amazing Device It is So much better than the S3 . I Could not imangine not having it . Make the Jump You'll love it

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app