Can anyone tell me how to unbrick my phone.

Search This thread

Sleepycloud

May 4, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
I flashed the NAE tar from the Mega site. It seemed to work okay, but then it just did a random reboot without any prompt from me and now it won't boot info recovery. It also won't flash ODIN tars. Well.. It flashes them but it doesn't boot up. On KIES it says that its not compatible wiht my device

daniel4653

Jul 10, 2010
Southern California
You are probably trying to odin other tars that are 4.3 or 4.2.2 which are not compatible with 4.4 as you can't go backwards thanks to Knox.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 09:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:06 PM ----------

And if your phone boots up then you are not bricked.

Sleepycloud

May 4, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
You are probably trying to odin other tars that are 4.3 or 4.2.2 which are not compatible with 4.4 as you can't go backwards thanks to Knox.

---------- Post added at 09:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:06 PM ----------

No. I'm aware that yu can't go back. Nothing that I flash sticks. Nothign loads. It just gives a quick glimpse of the bootloader screen then turns off. I"ve tried flashing recoveries and CF auto root. Nothing is working.

Sleepycloud

May 4, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee

Okay, well... I've flashed more than a thousand times between my last two phones. I've never seen this before. I've used PIT files with the Tar and it still doesn't work. I'm fairly familiar with how ODIN works, but I'm wondering if I need to do something in a special order or something. I'm wondering if I can look at the partitions manually with ADB. I've used that before with my Evo 4G, but never on this S4. I need some fresh ideas... I'm all out. I've done everything that I know to do.

cruise350

Dec 11, 2007
Memphis, TN
The problem is you already upgraded to NAE which means none of the current stock tar files will work since there isn't an NAE stock tar file yet. You could try to odin the philz or twrp recovery and then install one of the NAE roms in the development section. Hopefully, the NAE stock tar will be available soon which would definitely fix your problem.