[MOD] EB01 accurate battery and deBinged browser UPDATED

Search This thread

ChrisDDD

Sep 26, 2010
Hey everyone, just thought I'd share a few thing I put together for EB01.

The first is my modified framework that shows the accurate battery for both discharging AND charging. In pre-froyo, there seemed to be some sort of bug in how the charging battery status was reported to, or read by, the icon in the notification bar. It always seemed to be stuck at about 30%. That seems to have been fixed in 2.2, so I was able to get 1% increment charging icons working. Here's what it looks like - when charging, the battery changes to a plug and shows the accurate level:

batt3.jpg

Here's both the modded framework (flash it with Clockwork) and the stock framework should any issues arise.

These are for the totally stock rom
EB01_Batt_Framework
EB01_Stock_Framework

These are for Adrynalyne's SuperClean rom 2.1 and 2.2 only
EB01_SuperClean_Batt_Framework
EB01_SuperClean_Stock_Framework

These are for Adrynalyne's SuperClean rom 2.3 and 2.4 only
(there's a chance these might revert your wallpaper and you might loose your Google account. You'll just have to reset your desired wallpaper and re-add your Google account in Settings>Accounts and Sync. Not sure why it's happening).
EB01_SuperClean_23-24_Batt_Framework
EB01_SuperClean_23-24_Stock_Framework

If you're using another rom, BlackHole, for example, these may or may not work depending on what other mods have been done to the rom. I believe it mainly has to do with the shutdown menu - if your rom has the expanded shutdown menu, try the framework for SuperClean since that has it too. If it doesn't work, let me know and I'll put together a framework specifically for that rom.

Sorry for the issues that this initially caused!!

Next is my de-Binged browser. Default search engine is set to Google, home page is set to Google, soft search button and address bar searches go to Google and all Verizon bookmarks have been removed.

This is a deodexed browser, so if you happen to be using an odexed rom, you'll probably need to manually delete the Browser.odex file from /system/app. Also, you might want to go into Settings>Applications>Manage applications and do a clear data from the browser before flashing this just to make sure the Binged browser isn't leaving anything behind.

Here's the files, again, my modded one and the stock browser should you run into any issues and want/need to revert.

EB01_Debinged_Browser
EB01_Stock_Browser

Please report back if this works for 'ya.

Last edited:

dhoard

Jan 2, 2011
Browser works ... though I did find that if you already have some VZW bookmarks, you can't delete them using the bookmark manager.

-Doug

ChrisDDD

Sep 26, 2010
Browser works ... though I did find that if you already have some VZW bookmarks, you can't delete them using the bookmark manager.

Great, thanks for reporting. On the bookmarks, try clearing data for the browser in Settings>Applications>Manage applications, and maybe try clearing cache and dalvic cache in Clockwork for good measure.

I'm able to flash back and forth between my debinged browser and the stock one - on the stock, I get all the bing and bookmarks, on my modded one (after clearing everything) I get Google and no bookmarks.

It's probably just something being left behind from the stock browser.

effinrobots

Feb 12, 2010
crashes and lockups

Hi,

I really like your battery mod, but when i tried to use it with Super Clean 2.1 rom it seems to cause system lockups or launcher crashes whenever i try to access the shutdown menu.

SeatownGST

Sep 15, 2010
Hi,

I really like your battery mod, but when i tried to use it with Super Clean 2.1 rom it seems to cause system lockups or launcher crashes whenever i try to access the shutdown menu.

yikes. I will give it a try nevertheless. the old style blue battery just doesn't cut it. I'm on 2.1 superclean non-voodoo.

bwheelies

Dec 6, 2010
Tried the battery mod but it failed to install.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA App

AlexDeGruven

Mar 24, 2008
Ann Arbor
www.structuredthought.org
Hi,

I'm getting a similar effect. It blips the haptic when it tries to start the shutdown routine, but then just fails silently with 4 more blips about 10 seconds later.

hbc.ciccone

Dec 10, 2010
Also having power menu issues. vibrate when I push power button. Then about 5 sec after it pulses about 4 vibrations. Then screen goes black, for about 5 sec, signal and 3g appears to restart

However battery icon is great...

bwheelies

Dec 6, 2010
I have Superclean 2.1.

Tried installing this morning and it aborted in red CWM.

Going to download again and see what happens. Does this require a wipe?

neozen21

Oct 11, 2010
Henderson, NV
Also having power menu issues. vibrate when I push power button. Then about 5 sec after it pulses about 4 vibrations. Then screen goes black, for about 5 sec, signal and 3g appears to restart

However battery icon is great...

This happens because the ROM you are using has a modified Power menu while this mod only has the accurate battery.

You can fix it by restoring the android.policy.jar and framwork.jar from the original deodexed stock ROM.

But of course, it will override your theme ROM.

This accurate battery mod is only for people who are running the deodexed STOCK ROM...

ChrisDDD

Sep 26, 2010
Sorry some people are having issues, it is a compatibility issue with the other mods that were done to the Super Clean rom. I'll have to put together another framework specifically for that. I'll get one together asap.

Last edited:

ExNight

Mar 6, 2010
Battery Completely broke my shutdown menu when holding the power button down. Anytime I do it now my phone vibrates and turns the screen off but leaves the back light on for the bottom row of buttons. Screen won't turn back on until a battery pull.

filthy1

Sep 2, 2008
Me too

Love,the look of this but killed my reboot options as well....add them and this would be great

adrynalyne

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 13, 2008
Guys, guys, let the man work. Do not install this on superclean UNTIL he mods it specifically for that rom ;)

ChrisDDD

Sep 26, 2010
Very sorry everyone, I didn't know the other mods to SuperClean would have conflicted with this. I updated the first post with a new framework built from the SuperClean base framework. I also included a stock SuperClean framework for anyone who wants to revert back to stock (stock SuperClean, that is...).

As I mentioned in the post, these may or may not work with other roms. Give me some time to download the other available roms, and I'll put together frameworks specifically for them.

Last edited:

chelper

Oct 13, 2010
Atlanta
What app are you using for toggles?

I appreciate you working on this. I like the look of your toggles in the screen shot. What app are you using for toggling wifi, brightness, volume, etc?

Update: I think I answered my own question. It looks like you just changed some of the settings within Power Control Plus. Awesome.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey everyone, just thought I'd share a few thing I put together for EB01.

The first is my modified framework that shows the accurate battery for both discharging AND charging. In pre-froyo, there seemed to be some sort of bug in how the charging battery status was reported to, or read by, the icon in the notification bar. It always seemed to be stuck at about 30%. That seems to have been fixed in 2.2, so I was able to get 1% increment charging icons working. Here's what it looks like - when charging, the battery changes to a plug and shows the accurate level:

batt3.jpg

Here's both the modded framework (flash it with Clockwork) and the stock framework should any issues arise.

These are for the totally stock rom
    EB01_Batt_Framework
    EB01_Stock_Framework

These are for Adrynalyne's SuperClean rom 2.1 and 2.2 only
    EB01_SuperClean_Batt_Framework
    EB01_SuperClean_Stock_Framework

These are for Adrynalyne's SuperClean rom 2.3 and 2.4 only
    (there's a chance these might revert your wallpaper and you might loose your Google account. You'll just have to reset your desired wallpaper and re-add your Google account in Settings>Accounts and Sync. Not sure why it's happening).
    EB01_SuperClean_23-24_Batt_Framework
    EB01_SuperClean_23-24_Stock_Framework

If you're using another rom, BlackHole, for example, these may or may not work depending on what other mods have been done to the rom. I believe it mainly has to do with the shutdown menu - if your rom has the expanded shutdown menu, try the framework for SuperClean since that has it too. If it doesn't work, let me know and I'll put together a framework specifically for that rom.

Sorry for the issues that this initially caused!!

Next is my de-Binged browser. Default search engine is set to Google, home page is set to Google, soft search button and address bar searches go to Google and all Verizon bookmarks have been removed.

This is a deodexed browser, so if you happen to be using an odexed rom, you'll probably need to manually delete the Browser.odex file from /system/app. Also, you might want to go into Settings>Applications>Manage applications and do a clear data from the browser before flashing this just to make sure the Binged browser isn't leaving anything behind.

Here's the files, again, my modded one and the stock browser should you run into any issues and want/need to revert.

EB01_Debinged_Browser
    EB01_Stock_Browser

Please report back if this works for 'ya.
    I appreciate you working on this. I like the look of your toggles in the screen shot. What app are you using for toggling wifi, brightness, volume, etc?

Update: I think I answered my own question. It looks like you just changed some of the settings within Power Control Plus. Awesome.

Thanks, and the toogles are actually Extended Controls. It's really great, tons of options and configurability, well worth the $0.99.
    added to superclean 2.1 at 100%, did battery stats wipe. so far so good, thanks very much!
    I've been trying to decompile/compile many browsers from froyo. All give me stupid errors. If you could let me know if you had success with it, that would be swell. Im using apkmanager 4.9 and eclair browser.apks work fine. Im trying to change the download ongoing notification text to white for my theme. I believe it would be in titlebar.xml or something is my guess. If there are any tricks please tell me

thanks

i believe that is in downloadprovider.apk